Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet. We play them next year. Heh heh.

Comment

• Where Shiano going, if anywhere?
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• USF is interested from what I've heard.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Is this the Saban thread? It is? Good...

Saban left MSU 17 years ago. Seventeen. Bill Clinton was in office. Mike Dubose was coach at Bama. LLLoyd Carr was at M. John Cooper was at Ohio State (heh). There was no such thing as a smart phone. "Baby One More Time" was the number one song by the hottest artist in the country, Brittany Spears. We were all posting on CNNSI.

Such ancient history...

But yeah, Talent is right. LSU was more money and it's a great job. Better than most jobs because it's a recruiting hotbed where you have ZERO instate comp. LSU owns Louisiana, with sll due respect to LaTech, Tulane, and UL-L and UL-M. And most importantly to Saban, LSU gave him program control.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
            "At Michigan State we were never No. 1," Saban said. "It was always Michigan this or that. (In) Ohio it would be Ohio State. In Indiana it's Purdue. Chicago, it's every other school in the Big Ten. In the East it's Penn State. Wherever you go you're looking at someone else when you're recruiting, trying to convince someone you're up there."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...te-citrus-bowl
            "He had grown tired of Spartans fans' obsession with Michigan"
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• "At Michigan State we were never No. 1," Saban said. "It was always Michigan this or that. (In) Ohio it would be Ohio State. In Indiana it's Purdue. Chicago, it's every other school in the Big Ten. In the East it's Penn State. Wherever you go you're looking at someone else when you're recruiting, trying to convince someone you're up there."
              That's right Rocky, but don't expect Fruit Loops to respond, (maybe defect).

Before this abandonment... Saban asked in a pouty voice - "Can't we have two good teams in the state of Michigan?"

The answer is no, Harbaugh restoring order in state.

Comment

• It was a lot more than that, and I was much closer to the situation than you were, but whatever, this thread is about OSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Is this the Saban thread? It is? Good...

Saban left MSU 17 years ago. Seventeen. Bill Clinton was in office. Mike Dubose was coach at Bama. LLLoyd Carr was at M. John Cooper was at Ohio State (heh). There was no such thing as a smart phone. "Baby One More Time" was the number one song by the hottest artist in the country, Brittany Spears. We were all posting on CNNSI.

Such ancient history...

But yeah, Talent is right. LSU was more money and it's a great job. Better than most jobs because it's a recruiting hotbed where you have ZERO instate comp. LSU owns Louisiana, with sll due respect to LaTech, Tulane, and UL-L and UL-M. And most importantly to Saban, LSU gave him program control.
                  I could have swore it was Mike Price at Bama then...

AA:

hello
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 3 of the top 6 NFL rookies per PFF are early entry Buckeyes: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...g-nfl-week-14/

UFM could really use those boys against Dabo's unstoppable offensive juggernaut.

Also of note, Conklin makes the top 5 and, apparently, Taylor Decker is coming around for the Lions, making the top 10.

Comment

• Godspeed, Coach Fickell. And he'll probably take Coach Coombs w/ him.

Recruiting-wise, I'm beginning to think OSU not only has a chance with Marvin Wilson, but may be leading. I still think it's LSU at the end of the day, but great job by UFM and staff.

Tim Beck, for flaws as a QB coach, has recruited the F out of Texas this year, doing better than Herman even did.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Godspeed, Coach Fickell. And he'll probably take Coach Coombs w/ him.

Recruiting-wise, I'm beginning to think OSU not only has a chance with Marvin Wilson, but may be leading. I still think it's LSU at the end of the day, but great job by UFM and staff.

Tim Beck, for flaws as a QB coach, has recruited the F out of Texas this year, doing better than Herman even did.

And he blew at recruiting at UNL. All about the HC and their expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm almost certain he'd be ask to go elsewhere if his recruiting sucked. I don't think UFM is particuarly happy with the offense. That said, the WRs really aren't that good and Isaiah Prince can't pass block to save his life. Maybe UFM looks at the offense an thinks that they've done a decent job of papering over huge holes. But, I doubt it.

Nonetheless, 3 of the top 6 from Texas with a shout for Marvin Wilson. That's a GREAT haul.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Nonetheless, 3 of the top 6 from Texas with a shout for Marvin Wilson. That's a GREAT haul.
                            Sickening.
                            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Texas is going to flip some of those kids on signing day.

Comment

• Good one.

Though, I do admit that Dobbins could flip....IF Ohio State lands Akers. But that's not happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X