Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It speaks volumes about the gap between the two coaching staffs that after losing Hyde, 4 OL, and a Heisman trophy candidate QB, we still expect the Bucks to beat us handily, even though they also had some big issues on defense last year too.

Hoke has pretty much staked his Michigan career on Darrell Funk at this point. Most likely, he is the boat anchor that is going to drag him down the toilet.
    Last edited by Hannibal; August 20, 2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Not to jinx anything, but I can't remember an August where attrition to opponents was more favorable than this one. In between ND (probably) losing four players (including two very important starters), OSU losing Miller, and NW losing their two best skill players, three games on the schedule are significantly less foreboding than they were a month ago.

Comment

• Yeah, it could be M's year to "surprise".
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hoke could very well skate through and bumble along for a bit more time, yeah. You'd think that at the level of the people who decide these things they could recognize a lowered bar for what it is. We'll see. But, again, that probably requires beating better-coached teams on the road. OSU might not have Miller to make a play at a key time, but it will have a better team that executes better on a play-by-play basis. It's still the team poised to capitalize on sloppy Michigan's mistakes in a homefield setting. MSU the same.

Comment

• The 29th of November is a MUST win for Hoke given the above. If not, he must be fired on the spot, in year 4 with a full year headstart on Meyer, it's never going to get any better.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• We should know before then. Either Nussmeier and Mattison are good enough to overcome the lack-of-attention-to-detail issues that Hoke suffers from, or they aren't. Frankly it should have been done already but, as long as there's a plan to do a grown-up coaching search or a candidate available who is actually appropriate, I'm all for making that game a litmus test, with one caveat -- Hoke just might come out with the win. Funny things happen. It wouldn't justify the documented and regular incompetence and I'd had to see it be a job-saving win.

Comment

• Knowing Ohio State, I almost guarentee Barrett will look good and they will still go 11-1.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It's a huge loss for them in the sense that any hopes of a national title are probably gone without the playmaking ability Miller brings, but it's not a huge loss for them in terms of being able to compete in the conference.

Comment

• Their schedule was already the easiest among conference "contenders". So I stick with my prediction of no worse than 10-2, and a CCG berth. I can't think of anyone in the West that would beat them in the CCG, so they're still going to the Rose Bowl.

In the matchup with Michigan, they probably went from being a 21-24 point favorite, to being about a 13-17 point favorite at worst.

I repeat, Hoke and Gardner are both horrible on the road.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Again, easiest schedule because we get to play Michigan instead of Ohio State. A huge difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Their schedule was already the easiest among conference "contenders". So I stick with my prediction of no worse than 10-2, and a CCG berth. I can't think of anyone in the West that would beat them in the CCG, so they're still going to the Rose Bowl.

In the matchup with Michigan, they probably went from being a 21-24 point favorite, to being about a 13-17 point favorite at worst.

I repeat, Hoke and Gardner are both horrible on the road.
                        ...and average at home...

HI!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• lol .. hiya Wiz.

When you speak the truth, you speak the truth ...
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Crickets.

Appears DSL & Talent realize OSU is screwed without glassjaw Miller and have tapped out for the season.

Suppose that 40 is half empty.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 22, 2014, 06:22 AM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• ?
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• &
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X