Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasts From the Past Dept.

Hannibal (11/28/2011)

RichRod went 7-5 in 2010 while facing 3 BCS teams an 11-win team on top of that, and then four more bowl teams on top of that.

OSU just went 6-6 playing 6-6 Miami and the weakest Big Ten in recent memory. Urban's got his work cut out for him.

Just in case Talent and Dr. Strangelove come over as well. EDIT - To give the proper name to this thread and give credit to the man who started it.

Comment

• I need to dig up my own predictions. Heh. They're not quite as spot on as OP's single moment of clarity -- but close.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Boy, those are hilarious. Whodean's take is, woof, same as usual. LOL.

Me on OSU-M:

I can't even imagine the pressure on M knowing that this is their chance to win; knowing that that it will be another 3-4 years before they have a good chance to win again; knowing that a loss on Saturday will surely mean at least 10 in row. Unfortunately, I think OSU's shitball team just doesn't quite have it. I guess I'll have to settle for 10 of 11 instead of 11 in a row. Dark days.
        Me on M (I didn't quite appreciate the fall this year, though I correctly noted the decline):

I *think* M is on the way back, though I also *think* next year is going to be bumpy with a significantly more difficult schedule, and year after a bit worse. But I also *think* a 10-2 start and solid recruiting more than gets him over the hump to "his" teams.
        I do think that first year still gets him over the hump to next season. However, I'm not longer sure that means anything other than despair for M fans.

Comment

• Hanni's takes on Meyer being completely burned out and washed up are pretty fun.

Note the general sentiment that Urbs was no better a coach than Rich Rod and just look at how badly Rich Rod failed! Urbs' style of play wouldn't work in the Big Ten and that Hoke was more than a match for him. Also, Mattison knows Meyer inside and out and will shut his offense down completely.

Comment

• Oddly, OP was the only one who got it right. A few others knew it was a good hire. Eh, whatever. I understand predicting he won't dominate all, but I don't get the failure-laden predictions.

Anywho, who knows how this post will look in 2 years.

Comment

• Die
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Your German is improving.

Comment

• God God, it's great fun reading Michigan message boards these days. This Peppers kid taking visits has caused a new meltdown on top of the previous meltdowns. Definitely a split in the online fanbase, with one faction convinced that bad-mouthing of Hoke on message boards is the cause of recruits de-commiting. LMAO. Personally, I hope these "stay the course" types have the ear of Dave Brandon.

Comment

• Comment

• [youtube]HHjWpxcFWbE[/youtube]

Comment

• The 2004 game...Braylon would not have an answer, Brent!

[youtube]6_WvXHY9OrU[/youtube]

Comment

• You may have finally accomplished what you have wanted all along Strangelove.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I do like the cocktail napkin though.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The napkin is accurate. "Manball fail" should be listed as 1st and 2nd down, "Run for your life!" should be 3rd down, and a punt formation for 4th down would complete the playbook in its entirety.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• No, wait .....

you can add zone stretch to the field side any time you see a nine man front with Ss up aligned to the strength of the OL. 2-5 yard loss.

And, don't forget ...... Max protect with the FB and RB getting massively blown up through the A gaps, Gardner scrambling for his life doing that twist move right into the back side DE knocking him silly for a 15 yard sack.

Really. I'm not joking.

I hate you Al.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X