Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State will win, but will be closer than people think. 13 sounds about right, this is like the RichRods years - not much interest here, just a matter of how bad will M lose.

Comment

• Liney- So even this thread is going to be censored?
      Yes.

I refer you to my edict of a few months ago. Piss me off, and I'm not responsible for my actions. I just finished a 70 hour week and I have a bad case of white line fever.

And my favorite team sucks.

You chose the wrong time.

Maybe I'll lighten up a bit over Thanksgiving and I won't be such a prick, but I doubt it.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• At least you have some fight left, Liney!! Mine is long gone.

Comment

• Kick the pricks off the board, Liney. It's long overdue.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'll never surrender to OlieO.

It goes deeper than a football game. My prickishness toward Northern Kentucky is deep seeded and unmovable.

Having a decent football team that can put them in their place for a year or so is always nice, but even when our team sucks, it does not lessen the contempt that I have for that cesspool.

And I'm glad they got stuck with Toledo ....
            Last edited by lineygoblue; November 24, 2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• 12 years ago today...when the rivalry was changed forever

[youtube]9l52lDVpREg[/youtube]

Edit: Man, even in that first year there was a lot of red in the stands

Comment

• Its going to be a home game for OlieO this week.

Michigan fans are going to dump their tickets at record levels.

Comment

• I hope they do! A message needs to be sent to the administration that this shit is unnacceptable.

Comment

• Yep. Pour it on. A win at Iowa and a decent showing versus the Schmucks, and Brandon would have his excuse to keep the program going in the same direction. Pour it on, I say.

Wonder if they'll have to play without Desmond Morgan and James Ross? Bolden and Gedeon will be overwhelmed.
                    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 24, 2013, 06:12 PM.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      12 years ago today...when the rivalry was changed forever

[youtube]9l52lDVpREg[/youtube]

Edit: Man, even in that first year there was a lot of red in the stands
                      LOL @ forever. No doubt OSU went down to the crossroads and cheapened the rivalry through its cheating, but forever is just stupid. Things come and go, which is just how it is.

Comment

• You cheapen the rivalry, sir, with your unsubstantiated & tawdry cheating accusations

Accept your new role as the conference jester with some grace and dignity.

Comment

• Blasts From the Past Dept.

OP in Denial (11/19/2011)

"Yeah right, Bucknut droppings! That's because there is no contact. Sounds more like a fantasy "Dream Team", coaching staff assembled, budget assigned, highest-paid staff in CFB history.....all these parties agreed in principle and nothing is signed, that is because it is impossible to execute a contract that doesn't exist.

Meyer may be many things but mentally retarded is not one of them. There is no way he has agreed to rescue OSU with NCAA sanctions pending, unless of course another secret "deal" has been cut there too."

Just in case Talent and Dr. Strangelove come over as well. EDIT - To give the proper name to this thread and give credit to the man who started it.

Comment

Jamie H (11/22/2011)

Michigan smoked Meyer the last time we faced him. He's a good coach, but he's nothing to fear.

Just in case Talent and Dr. Strangelove come over as well. EDIT - To give the proper name to this thread and give credit to the man who started it.

Comment

Jeff (11/22/2011) (Classic!)

Given M's talent level in 2011, how do you explain this team's 9-2 record? Luck?

Look, the reason for M's resurgence is coaching. I don't think there can be any argument with that. Continuity in the coaching staff had a lot to do with osu's consistency - aside from paying players but that's another matter. tressel, aside from the fact is he is a cheating dirtball, was a great coach ...... coaching.

Now, given the reality of the effectiveness of M's coaching staff in returning M football to the level of respect it once had, given that M will have one more year of continuity than osu's coaching staff will have, makes one wonder why you see osu's football fortunes being so much better than M's. osu will be playing catch-up in the short term. If you assign any level of importance to coaching as it relates to wins (which, I think, you have grossly underestimated its contribution to wins and I offer the stunning turnaround of M's defense with the same talent when in the hands of competent coaches as proof positive that you have underestimated it's contribution) while Urban may be a fine coach, he's going to spend two seasons organizing a new staff and players who don't know what that staff expects and that's being generous.

IMO, M football has established itself as on the rise. osu, while it is being rescued by what the fans perceive is some kind of Messiah, the outcome is not yet known and I find your optimism nothing short of fatuous bull shit.

Comment

• He's still nothing to fear.

The problem does not lie with who occupies the head coaches office in Columbus.

The problem lies with who occupies the Athletic Director's office in Ann Arbor.

Comment

Working...
                                X