Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I purposefully left the punishment (off the team for example) off the table. I just want to know if you think even a non pimpsmack of a woman in a bar at 2 am is a problem for you or if its boys being boys?

For example, I have almost -0- problem with Will Campbell sliding across the hood of a car. I have a pretty big problem with Frank Clark stealing a laptop.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• All BS aside, I'm not sure if a generalized statement regarding "assault" versus a DUI is correct
      It was a generalized statement about misdemeanor assault. And, according to the legal system, it's true.

I just want to know if you think even a non pimpsmack of a woman in a bar at 2 am is a problem for you or if its boys being boys?
      Well, I mean it's circumstantial. Intentional, unwanted contact of any sort is technically assault. But it's a huge spectrum. Further, "problem" is remarkably vague. Sure, I have a "problem" with "it" (whatever it may be). My response, however, may range from "don't be a jackass" to filing a police report.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thanks, Iam. You've worked so hard to minimize it, I didn't know if you thought it was a problem or not. (ftr, I don't necessarily blame you for trying to minimize it given the attempts to maximize it by the good guys here! )
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Actually, I just want to wait to make a judgment until the facts are bit less hazy. From my purely selfish perspective, losing Hyde would be a bummer, but it's a position of strength. If, e.g., it was Braxton Miller or Ryan Shazier at issue, that would be a real nutshot to the season.

Hyde really turned the corner last year, but I'm not concerned, in the least, about depth at RB.

As far he goes as an individual, I'm not making any judgments until the facts are clear. And TBH, I think the facts are going to be in the "gray" area. If the contact was a push or something else that wasn't going to inflict any injury of any sort, then I'm more inclined to consider first time offense/age, etc and be in favor of a small suspension. If he smacked her good, he's gone. As noted above, DUIs are absolute, but they're also gray. I think my position on Fitz was probably roughly the same as this -- yeah, he F'd up, but he was barely over, it was his first time in trouble -- so 1 or 2 games at the most.

Comment

• As for me, nothing personal would love to see OSU get nailed to the wall over this, especially with all the illegal & immoral shit that Tressel & Meyer have gotten away with in the past.

As Eastwood so brilliantly put it, "deserve's got nothing to do with it", therefore striking a woman, for any reason is unacceptable, especially "bitch-slappin' " a total stranger in bar?!?

Ancillary benefit from all this is that it's totally out of OSU & Meyer's hands. The court of public opinion will decide what is fitting punishment, if any.

If the victim is truly a police officer's daughter and there are eyewitnesses that have given statements to he police, Hyde is up the creek IMO.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• If he smacked her, he's done. Just don't know at this stage. The number of people posting on Scout forums (and probably other OSU forums) who "know someone" is stunning. LOL.

Anyway, on to actual football related stuff, Jalin Marshall and Dontre Wilson. Remember those names. Dontre Wilson may be the steal of the class for UFM. Thank you, Chip Kelly.

Comment

• According to a news station in Cbus, Police Sgt: "We're talking about a misdemeanor crime here. There won't be any felony."

At least as the facts stand now. Neither the alleged victim nor Hyde have been interviewed. Eh.

Comment

• This was never at a felony level, was it?

Comment

• No. And I should clarify, the CPD said, "if it's charged at all, it's a misdemeanor...."

I'm no criminal lawyer, but I do reckon there's felonious assault. In Ohio there are 4 classes of misdemeanors (DUI is 1st degree; underage consumption is a "minor", with 2nd and 3rd in between). I'm guessing 3rd degree or minor for Hyde. If he did make contact with her, it is technically something. But I'm guessing very low grade on the spectrum of "assaults".

If I were him, my biggest concern would be OSU and UFM.

Comment

• Thugs win championships. Urban knows this.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Is there any historical data available regarding how many ohio state players are women beaters? For example, is this a new trend or below historical norms? Is this a "Meyer effect"? How does the ohio state slew of arrests compare to Meyer's pace at Florida? Is there a certain over/under number of arrests in place at ohio state that they consider acceptable? Like, "this year we're targeting 12 player arrests or fewer with a max of 5 felonies".

I don't follow ohio athletics as closely as most here so I'm just looking for some baseline information.

Comment

• heh
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Saban and Miles ran Meyer out of the SEC. Hopes to gain a foothold in the B1G.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Saban is the debil!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Watch out, Mike .. a "harumph" is headed your way ...
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X