Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    You boys sure are doing a lot of pounding. Keep it up and you'll all go blind
    cogent

LOL x 100!

Comment

• uh oh, Rob... you're about to incur a "harumph" from the attorney from Youngstown...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbhbetwYFU"]Blazing Saddles (3/10) Movie CLIP - Harumphing with the Governor (1974) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Talent and Strangelove discussing business ...
      Last edited by lineygoblue; July 3, 2013, 11:48 PM.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• and a "harumph!" to him, too!

Comment

• Baseless claim? LOL.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• “Relating or blaming these serious charges to the University of Florida, myself or our staff is wrong and irresponsible,” Meyer told the sportswriter, Tim May.

“Our staff, myself and our families worked very hard to mentor and guide him,” he said of Hernandez.

Meyer’s wife, Shelley, posted on her Twitter page, “When will we start holding individuals accountable for their own decisions/actions and stop blaming any/everyone else?” She added the hashtag “liveyourliferight.”

Hernandez Among Many Who Found Trouble at Florida in the Meyer Years. A court analysis of Florida football under Urban Meyer. 121 players on the 2008 title team. 41 have been arrested

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Hernandez Among Many Who Found Trouble at Florida in the Meyer Years. A court analysis of Florida football under Urban Meyer. 121 players on the 2008 title team. 41 have been arrested

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sp...f=sports&_r=1&
              could be nothing but another baseless claim, packfan. We'll have to consult with the best barrister of the hills of ohio for his opinion

Comment

• lol Cue Mr Burns

Comment

• Here's what I don't understand about Meyer's defense.

There is a school of thought that says that coaches only job is to win football games, and is not to serve as a father figure to players. I don't believe that, but I can accept it. The world seems to claim this position for Urban with regard to Hernandez.

But then Urban says "Our staff, myself and our families worked very hard to mentor and guide him." If that is true, that puts him in the second category. And makes him an utter failure, because the kid he worked "very hard to mentor" is a psychotic animal.

so 12-0 and all that....
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I have some empathy for um ...... some.

Hack said something up thread as I proceeded to bash osu which I am wont to do on occasion. He said, in response to talent's whining about my osu bashing, you are who you are (osu) and we are who we are (Michigan).

This is just more evidence that there are clear differences between the culture at osu and that at M. I'd contend meyer was hired for exactly what that NYT article characterized um as ..... he knows how to win and will do whatever it takes to win no matter the costs, which if there are any, he will deflect responsibility for those costs just like tressel did. That is acceptable behavior for a coach within the culture of osu football administration ...... until of course the public outcry forces university officials to take other action.

There's absolutely no question about what context that quote was made in. The unseemly cheating and lack of ethical behaivor that marks osu's football program is going to be a continuos albatross around it's neck, regardless of how oftern they win, much like the abuse of performance enhancing drugs has marred the records of baseball home run hitters.

There will always be an *
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There's absolutely no question about what context that quote was made in. The unseemly cheating and lack of ethical behaivor that marks osu's football program is going to be a continuos albatross around it's neck, regardless of how oftern they win, much like the abuse of performance enhancing drugs has marred the records of baseball home run hitters.

Please reconcile this with the U-M attitude that allowed the basketball program to fall into bed with Ed Martin.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Well Michigan banned everyone involved from campus for 10 years and ranked the program.

OSU paraded Tressel around on its shoulders.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Eventually. U-M went through a prolonged denial of the facts also.

The differences are not so great after all.
                          Last edited by Tony G; July 7, 2013, 11:42 AM.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• BTW, I root for U-M but try to be objective about the zealous and sometimes sanctimonious attitude of some of the faithful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              I have some empathy for um ...... some.

Hack said something up thread as I proceeded to bash osu which I am wont to do on occasion. He said, in response to talent's whining about my osu bashing, you are who you are (osu) and we are who we are (Michigan).

This is just more evidence that there are clear differences between the culture at osu and that at M. I'd contend meyer was hired for exactly what that NYT article characterized um as ..... he knows how to win and will do whatever it takes to win no matter the costs, which if there are any, he will deflect responsibility for those costs just like tressel did. That is acceptable behavior for a coach within the culture of osu football administration ...... until of course the public outcry forces university officials to take other action.

There's absolutely no question about what context that quote was made in. The unseemly cheating and lack of ethical behaivor that marks osu's football program is going to be a continuos albatross around it's neck, regardless of how oftern they win, much like the abuse of performance enhancing drugs has marred the records of baseball home run hitters.

All anyone needs to look at are the following:

*Tressel is caught up and exposed in a huge scandal. His replacement is not a guy known for high moral character, but a rogue whose players were arrested in bunches at his previous stop. But he wins football games...

*Tressel should have been persona non grata in Columbus after his shameful behavior. Instead, he's invited to the Michigan game and hoisted on shoulders like a heroic god. Just win baby!
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Meanwhile, first at UF and now at ohio (look at the last several listed arrests on the following):

Maybe nothing but a baseless claim on my part, but Urban and osu seem to be a "perfect fit for each other" in every sense of the phrase.

Comment

Working...
                                X