Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another case of "do as I say, not as I do".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      I've gone back and looked at all your posts from the past couple days and I still don't know what you're talking about. Is it the question asking for evidence of Tressel's good character? You only asked this once as far as I can tell, not multiple times, and I already responded. I pointed you in the direction of all his charity work and visits to troops overseas.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

You want more than that, try www.google.com. It's nifty.
      Seriously?

Comment

• People don't go out of their way to compliment someone else in the press just to be "gracious".
        So when Jim Tressel said he thought that Rich Rodriguez was a fine football coach, doing the right things at Michigan, and should be given the chance to succeed, was he lying (again) or going out of his way to be gracious?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think DSL is acknowledging that Tressel is lying SOS ... he's just trying to accuse Hoke of being no different.

Comment

• I think he's trying to say that we need to forgive Tressel, because Hoke said he's a "good man".
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I just don't know why you want to paint your own head coach a liar.

Must be a buncha Rich Rod supporters here. The Fort Civil War endures!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Seriously?
                I've asked you several times now to repeat your insightful question and I shall respond. If you refuse a third time I cannot be heald liable for whatever madness ensues thereafter.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  So when Jim Tressel said he thought that Rich Rodriguez was a fine football coach, doing the right things at Michigan, and should be given the chance to succeed, was he lying (again) or going out of his way to be gracious?
                  Haha...I think Jim musta been a little out of his mind at that particular moment

Comment

• This is interesting ..... might help to explain why osu appears to be dithering in a situation where it would otherwise seem obvious why tresel should be given the ax.

Nothing is ever simple. I did not recall that osu ended up paying $2.4 million for wrongfully firing b-ball coach jim Obrien in 2004. Clearly they constructed tresell's contract that he signed in 2006 making sure that was not going to happen again.

Tressel signed his current deal in 2006, shortly before Ohio State was ordered to pay $2.4 million for wrongful termination of ex-basketball coach Jim O'Brien, who was fired in 2004 after admitting to loaning a recruit $6,000. I suppose that's what you get when you negotiate a contract at the same time your employer is in the process of losing a court case against a former rogue employee: Boilerplate that reads like a university lawyer looked into the future and described every conceivable offense from half a dozen different, equally damning perspectives.

Ohio State doesn't go before the NCAA Committee on Infractions until Aug. 12, by which point it will be effectively locked into Tressel for at least the 2011 campaign, and it won't learn the actual damage until months later, likely after the regular season. Once the verdict is in, the university will have a decision to make. But if that decision is to drop the ax, it doesn't take a visionary lawyer to see it has the justification it needs to protect the coffers.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I read this Monday and finally refound it. Dr. Saturday does a great job and looks at NCAA precedent and relates it to osu and the tressmess. It will give you a good idea of how circumstances that osu has found itself in have been punished by the NCAA in the recent past:

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ..... one more thing. I want to give DSL props. Despite his heinous association with the evil empire - now exposed and beyond a shadow of a doubt - he's been taking body blows with the best of them.

I'll be the first to say it. Until Hoke puts a football team on the field that beats osu, those lying, cheating F...s still own Michigan.

BTW, has talent been seen anywhere? I have a big bowl of dick waiting here for him. He should come back NOW and eat it because if he waits, he's going to get a double helping after November 26th.

Comment

• I still don't know how the court ruled we had wrongfully fired O'Brien. That was kinda BS. And he wasn't a terrible human being either, FWIW

Comment

• Contract law. Some of the most difficult to practice law in the world. One uncrossed T in your employment contract or employee handbook and you're screwed when it comes to firing somebody.

Comment

• One uncrossed T in your employment contract or employee handbook and you're screwed when it comes to firing somebody.
                              Or more famously a misplaced comma
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Wouldn't Tressel's game suspensions and the fact that he increased the suspensions on his own be some sort of grounds for termination as outlined in the contract?

Comment

Working...
                                X