Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    I don't recall any UM players or coaches being suspended for practice gate even though one of the staffers lied for RRod to the NCAA.

He was fired. (Tressel take note)

What I find sad is that players are no longer 'old school' when it comes to pride in their university. Selling their gold pants pin given for beating UM!?! I would think that would be something to cherish, something to hand down to their children. Or something to be attached to the lapel of their funeral suit. If you care that little for your school, go play for Miami (Fla) or some other Douche Bag U and stay the hell away from the Big Ten.

its been so long since you beat us...nobody cares that much...bottom line. They either had multiple sets or KNEW they would get more. That is a reflection of your suckitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Just a thought -- OSU's insistence on hanging on to Tressell perhaps is an indication Meyer isn't coming? I mean, surely were I Gee and Smith, I would have by now discreetly reached out to Meyer through third parties to see if he'd come. And if he would, the smart move and hopefully the one that helps you to avoid lasting penalties is to can Tressell.

As they say, truth is said in jest...Gee and Smith won't be here much longer for their fiasco.

Comment

• I wonder if osu grads (who can actually procreate) also feel that way about their children. I can make more, so ditch the ones I have...
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• just proves how bitter you are ghengis...

Comment

• OSU and JT is going to be hit real hard for this, NCAA doesn't take kindly to being lied to, let alone covering up his lies. This puts a huge cloud over OSU's entire success over JT's era.

Comment

• no..not really...

Woody punched a kid in the face, yet your own linesman fawns over him and his student called Bo.
              Last edited by Regelbuck; April 26, 2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• I'll repeat my stance from last night. Tressel broke the rules and deserves to be punished for it. It doesn't make him a horrible human being, as many here insist. In fact, he's quite a decent man who did a dumb thing. None other than Brady Hoke has publicly stood by him and attested to his integrity.

I don't think he deserves to be fired over it but the NCAA may force our hand. We'll see. Either way, nothing that occurred affected on-field play really, so 9-1 shall forever stand. Weep. Weep for what has become of you.

Comment

• Here's the best part...not only is scUM going to suck this season (once again...but hey...keep clinging onto the kill tressel thing)..but we are going to win the first btcg...book it.

Comment

• Broke the rules and lied about it. Win at all costs...

Comment

• Give Pryor a 4th "Loaner" car that he can get pulled over in while you say what's going on at Tattoo U is "not a pay-for-play" kind of deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regelbuck View Post
                        no..you cheated to create a competive advantage (sad as it was)...we did not...
                        LMAO what?

Comment

• Woody punched a kid in the face, yet your own linesman fawns over him and his student called Bo.
                          I don't fawn over Woody Hayes. I didn't like the man at all. His displays of temper and poor sportsmanship both in private and public (I read Archie Griffin's book) were an embarrassment to OhNo. But, again .. as is proven here on a daily basis, nothing matters in OhNo but winning. Cheating, poor behavior, lying, ... its all good as long as you have "scoreboard".

However, I grudgingly admit that Woody was a man of principle, who would rather punch HIMSELF in the face, than break an NCAA rule. He hated cheating, and he passed that on to the young men who played for him, and also to those who worked for him. Woody would never cheat to beat you. He beat you straight up.

Frankly, I laughed when he punched the Clemson kid. I wondered why it took so long to do so. I figured he would have done something like that many years earlier. Seemed to me that Woody was having emotional problems, maybe even the onset of Alzheimers, during his final couple of seasons. He just flat-out lost it in that game.

.... and OhNo still owes us for a set of down markers ....
                          Last edited by lineygoblue; April 26, 2011, 10:47 PM.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Here's the best part...not only is scUM going to suck this season (once again...but hey...keep clinging onto the kill tressel thing)..but we are going to win the first btcg...book it.
                            And there it is again. I can set my Wal-Mart bought Timex by you, Regel.

Just win, baby. That's all that matters. 9-1, baby. Michigan sucks. Michigan stinks.

Lies? Bah... who cares? Just win.

Selling the gold panties that OhNo players receive for beating Michigan? Who cares about that crap? Sell it, and get a tat!!

Jerseys, and other equipment? Hey .. you gotta have pizza money! Just SELL that crap .. get some money!

Tressel is required to sign a document every season stating that the OhNo program is in full compliance with NCAA rules. He knew they weren't, so he LIED. He LIED to keep key players eligible. What's the problem with that? It was just a little white lie. No big deal. Its MORE IMPORTANT TO GET SCOREBOARD!!!!

Preach on, Regel ....
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Here's the best part...not only is scUM going to suck this season (once again...but hey...keep clinging onto the kill tressel thing)..but we are going to win the first btcg...book it.
                              Assuming that you're eligible for it.

Comment

• Columnists heap scorn on Ohio State's Jim Tressel in wake of NCAA rebuke

Embattled Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel is getting little sympathy today from national sports columnists or from those in the Midwest and Ohio.
                                The NCAA on Monday accused the 10-year coach of withholding information and lying to keep Buckeyes players on the field who had accepted improper benefits from the owner of a tattoo parlor. In a ?notice of allegations? sent to the school, the NCAA said the violations relating to the coach are considered ?potential major violations.? Here?s a sampling of reaction from the Web world.
                                Dennis Dodd, CBS Sports: ?It is compelling to finally see in print that the NCAA has officially alleged that Ohio State competed with ineligible players on the field. Beyond Tressel's unethical conduct, that is the essence of the case. USC competed with one ineligible player (Reggie Bush) and look what it got -- a two-year bowl ban and the removal of 30 scholarships over three years.?
                                Marla Ridenour, Akron (Ohio) Beacon Journal: ?The Jim Tressel mess is picking up steam and appears headed to an inevitable conclusion ? the end of his tenure as Ohio State's football coach. This scandal is no longer about players selling gold pants and memorabilia. It is no longer about tattoos. It is about playing ineligible players and covering up their transgressions and what the NCAA has deemed 'potential major violations.' It's also about forwarding an unsettling email to a player's mentor instead of to your boss and the compliance department."
                                Joel Hammond, Crain's Cleveland Business: ?This is big trouble for Ohio State. Here's betting that the Buckeyes force Tressel to resign in an attempt to further save themselves from the NCAA, though it won't be enough.?
                                Ivan Maisel, ESPN: ?Tressel lacked honesty and integrity, the NCAA said. Tressel allowed ineligible players to play. This isn?t going to end well for Ohio State. The question now is if it will end quickly."
                                Ben Smith, Fort Wayne (Ind.) Journal Gazette: ?This is, frankly, as sleazy as anything you'll find anywhere these days in big-boy college athletics, which is saying something. And by releasing such a strongly worded rebuke, the NCAA is not only acknowledging as much, it's pretty much forcing Ohio State's hand. It has to fire the man.?
                                Tom Archdeacon, Dayton (Ohio) Daily News: ?This very well could be the beginning of the end for Jim Tressel.?

http://www.freep.com/article/20110426/SPORTS08/110426022/Columnists-heap-scorn-Ohio-State-s-Jim-Tressel-wake-NCAA-rebuke?odyssey=mod|mostviewhttp://www.freep.com/article/20110426/SPORTS08/110426022/Columnists-heap-scorn-Ohio-State-s-Jim-Tressel-wake-NCAA-rebuke?odyssey=mod|mostview
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X