Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disagree. He's not the kind of guy to show off on a guitar, but there's a lot more to songs than the soaring solos just as there's a lot more to good singing than pretty sounds. Take Korn, for example...
    Why on earth would I take Korn? Hell as a musician and singer I would rate Jim Croce higher than Dylan, he's all world, unanimous first ballot hall of fame as a writer but a 2 as a singer
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Uuummmm, this is an "all things putrid", in particular Ohio Football and their moronic minions thread.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• OP I only said that because you blurted a baseball related post in the middle of the hockey discussion.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Jim Croce had some very charming songs and if only he'd lived long enough for the inevitable Korn/Croce collaboration the universe had been hurtling us towards, that might have ended up a new paradigm. But, seriously, you could listen to the live Hattie Carroll on that album I linked to above. Dunno what more you'd want out of a vocal. All of Blood on the Tracks is like this too, and others in the catalog.

Comment

• Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Anybody who doesn't appreciate Dylan should just stick with David Cassidy.

Comment

• Dennis knows

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisT View Post
                  Anybody who doesn't appreciate Dylan should just stick with David Cassidy.

"Yeah!"
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Anybody who doesn't appreciate Dylan should just stick with David Cassidy.
                    I appreciate his writing but not his overly nasal style of singing/droning. Great writer, so-so singer/musician

Comment

• Girlie men mad at the Pope of Columbus:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        I appreciate his writing but not his overly nasal style of singing/droning. Great writer, so-so singer/musician
                        What exactly do you mean by ``musician''?

Comment

• musician means someone who plays a musical instrument. In his case I associate him mostly with a guitar.

Comment

• Dylan's voice of a mule is part of his charm imo. Same thing with Waits, maybe even more so. And same thing to a lesser extent with guys like Prine, Neil, Greg Brown, a few others.

Comment

• If I want to see a singing mule I'll go watch a Disney movie about Gus.

Dylan's voice is distinct but not aesthetically pleasing IMO

Comment

• Rock and roll vocals are not about aesthetics. Janis Joplin had one tool and it was 0% derived from what you are referencing. Singing in rock is more about credibility on an emotional, intuitive level. You should look to Broadway if that sorta thing goes unappreciated.

The musician definition is rather oversimplified. Lotsa ways to be a brilliant musician.
                                Last edited by hack; March 9, 2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X