Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I am all right, worst three weeks of my life. Lost 20 points as the the two Michigan TD's were called back, reversing the ruling on the field, otherwise it's a three-way tie...Boys from Ohio are incessantly being hounded, I love it.

More balanced sporting comment:
    http://bcove.me/bl48odh8
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 29, 2011, 04:56 PM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Chew on this OlieO sheeple:

Urban Meyer is NOTHING without Dan Mullen.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• One more reason UFM will fail at Ohio State. I'll add it to the list!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• By the way, Mullen's name attached to Penn State job.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Dammit, was just going to post that! F you, Whodean!

Mullen, apparently, grew up a huge PSU fan. That's the only reason anyone is stepping into HV now.

Comment

• An interesting post. FWIW:

After talking to a few people who would know, thought I would share:

- Luke wanted the HC badly
              - In conversation with Gene, he was told even with a win over scUM, no chance for HC
              - Luke lost the opportunity with the Purdue loss, and was told this by Gene
              - The BoT made this hire, not Gene. Could be very telling about Gene's future.
              - Luke was pissed at all this news that was given to him. He let Gene know that he would do what he wanted for the next three days (Thursday - Saturday). This is why Tress was brought into talk to team, basically a *uck you.
              - Gene told Luke that he had secured a spot on Urban's staff for only he or Vrabel (I expect Vrabel not to be retained now). Urban wanted some one to help keep present class and Ohio contacts in the fold.
              - Luke felt he could beat scUM, and felt he should have chance at HC if he won.
              - Once Luke agreed to stay on, he was not sure what position he is staying on for
              - Luke to inquire about other jobs (Cincy, Akron, Illinois), but Amy told him he is staying put at OSU. Not going to uproot the family, making great money, not going to rock the boat. Luke decided he will just shut up and not rock the boat.
              Two things of interest: how bad would it suck to be told your HC chances are done on a missed EP? And I love the F you, Gene move of bringing in Coach Tressel.

Otherwise, fairly well-known stuff.

Comment

• I actually hate everything about osu but my respect for luke fecal as a man just went up about 100X.

This is a tough game. You better know how to play hard-ball. It looks like lf understand this.

gene smith is a turd. How anyone can call osu football in good hands with a douch like this in charge is pretty f'ing stupid. osu fans better be praying turbin fires his ass.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fickle was screwed. Or at the very least, toyed with. How anyone could evaluate a coach based off of one season where everything was f'ed up to begin with is beyond me.

Using the Purdue loss as a reason is just a scapegoat. I would bet Meyer was told the job was his if he wanted it back in September.

Comment

• After months of ridiculing Fickell and commenting on how over-his-head he was, Michigan fans suddenly explode in an outpouring of sympathy.

"How very shameful it is for OSU to part ways with him and hire a total piece of scum (who we are not worried about in the slightest) like Urban Liar intsead!"

Comment

• this is not DSL I remember w.r.t to the quality of the posts.

Is there a way to tell if he is an impostor ... could a 10 year old have hacked his account and assumed his identity?

Comment

• Shut -up, dsl .... he's still part of that stinking pile of shit that is osu.

Remove him from that association and he's OK by me.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Incorrect. This is where you give a haughty, imperious sniff and declare that the only honorouble (British spelling) thing OSU could have done would be to make no attempt to win football games for the next several centuries.

Comment

• Fickell was probably in over his head. That being said, he was still toyed with. He should have been told that he had no shot at the job up-front.

I also doubt that many coaches could have done much better with the shit sandwich he was given.

Comment

• "After months of ridiculing Fickell and commenting on how over-his-head he was, Michigan fans suddenly explode in an outpouring of sympathy."

You're kidding right? I've always thought and posted that Fickell was a stupid ass tool well over his head and his mediocre 6-6 season with "Tressel's boys" proves the point. Lost to 6-6 Miami; lost to 6-6 Purdue Lost to MSU Lost to UM. Lost the "scandal bowl to a mediocre PSU Not a single impressive win except a lucky ass last minute win over a Wisconsin secondary that didn't cover. A pissed off Fickell on Oscar Meyer's staff is going to "grand' as that No-Talent douche points out.

Comment

• "We are most distressed over the Ohio State University's appalling lack of decorum and excessive display of emotion over the hiring of Pope Urban Meyer, a known huxster and flimflam man, with nary a trace of the integrity carried in the breast of the great Gordon or Disraeli. This most tactless and unrepentant filibuster of last eve-ning, which i received via Morse's remarkable invention and the communicative wire, left me most displeased and cheerless. For shame, the Ohio State. For shame. I do not follow foot-ball closely -- I am told it resembles the working class pastime of rugby -- but am cognizant of the fact that it was in most poor form indeed to upstage Mr. Brady Hoke's moment of victory. It would be as if the success at Durbin was undone in one fell swoop and the Boer triumphant. Horrors!"
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 29, 2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X