Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pryor to Raiders. Gee, that was hard to predict. Perfect fit.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 22, 2011, 03:54 PM.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Another bad week for Michigan Men. Pryor wasn't supposed to be allowed into the draft and he was going to blow the lid off the rampant cheating going on in Columbus as a fallback plan. Oops

Guess Michigan Men will have to cling to some other fantasy that'll delude them into believing that Michigan has reclaimed the edge

Comment

• Have you asked the Kalis family about who has the edge right now?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Me?

I never had any doubt that tp would end up getting taken in the supplemental. Once he was out from under the thumb of the NCAA, he became just another schmo looking for playing time in the NFL with all the legal rights pertaining.

tp ending up there has nothing to do with my view of the shifting sands under c-bus. As far as I'm concerned, something nearly equivalent to a nuclear blast occurred in and around the shoe with tressel's resignation making that place radioactive for a year or two .... about the time its going to take Hoke to win a few games and suck um some more HS talent from ohio.

As much as I'd like a melt-down within the osu football program precipitated by a Tsunami like punishment from the NCAA coming in October or so and involving post season bans and scholarship losses, osu's gamesmanship has probably headed that off. I'll hand it to your guys for being able to wiggle through what looked like a pretty small crack.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Al Davis looks like the Emperor from Star Wars.

Comment

• TP was selected by the team that thought JaMarcus Russell was a good QB. Like I said...perfect fit.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
                Al Davis looks like the Emperor from Star Wars.
                LOL...

Comment

• I think the Emperor had a better makeup guy.

Comment

• Kudos to TP for getting drafted. LOL @ the Raiders for drafting him in the 3rd.

Comment

• Sure 2.3 M over 4 years, 500K signing bonus, to play TE, HB or Receiver. Looking forward to the Raiders cutting him loose so he becomes OSU's problem again ala Mo Clarett, I rather like that, although it exposed a rogue coach and got him fired, not to mention brought the program to its knees.... these events will be hard to top but dirty programs like Miami & OSU the next scandal is just around the corner.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• For all those who wanted to participate in the CFB Picks Pool, you should have received an e-mail today on joining, the rules, etc.

Buchanan:

Ohio State's "radioactive" status is over. Sorry. Credit to M, MSU and Nebraska for making the most of the window and getting some good players. But that type of exodus isn't in the cards for 2013. Aside from OSU's puzzling refusal to offer Dymonte Thomas (I would at least want him as a DB), 2013 is looking splendid. And shit, I think OSU is going to have a pretty decent finish to its 2012 class. With the quality of the 2009-11 classes, on below average class (by OSU's standards) is a blip.

And, heh, of course recruits will have a year of watching Michigan and Ohio State play. I doubt Coach Fickell negatively recruits, as Coach Tressel was his mentor, but man, what a nice question to ask Ohio players: do you want to be the next Prescott Burgess or Shawn Crable? If so, that's cool, but enjoy 0-4.
                        Last edited by iam416; August 23, 2011, 09:25 AM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Absolutely hilarious, Tressel's "Loaded Deck" is gone, Bobby Boucher is essentially on his own, however there is no good reason as to why you can't capitalize on that sorta wishful thinking, 1K is not too far away.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm not sure if it's going to be as much fun watching your soul get crushed as it was during the RichGOD era, but I know it's still going to be a blast!

Comment

• Speaking of the 2013 class, a massively premature list of 247's first 8 5* players. Of note are Jalin Marshall (who will be a Buckeye) and Jaylon Smith (who I think will be a Buckeye). Throw in Derrick Green from Virginia and Cameron Burrows, and that's good start.

As the recruiting process speeds up, so too does the evaluation process. 247Sports has identified eight prospects that are worthy of the early distinction of five-stars.

But, I'm sure OP will be correct -- Ohio State is mired in a hole from which it will takes years to dig out.

Comment

• I'm not sure if it's going to be as much fun watching your soul get crushed as it was during the RichGOD era, but I know it's still going to be a blast!

Well if it's anything like University of Florida, Greg Mattison's Defense that crushed OSU in the National Championship, I'll take that pain all day.

Comment

Working...
                                X