Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told all you dipsticks it would be Bama...you would be wise to listen to wiz in the future...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Buchanan:

I always thought it was Bama. The only thing that gave me hope were the comments from Holcutt and others that "5 through 8 were close". Obviously, that was not true.

I'm fine with the "eye test." More often than not Ohio State is going to be in the top 4 in terms of teams and overall talent. That's why this decision really only irritates me when I think about 2015.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't think Ohio State has a legit beef. Just as Bama wouldn't if they had been left out.

Alabama and Ohio State had a very similar SOS. Bama was up a bit before last night's game, but I am sure Ohio State see-sawed back ahead after the CCG. Ohio State had a couple of more impressive wins but a much worse loss.

Either way, I think Bama loses to Clemson just as Ohio State would have. But we got a shot. And it sucks that Ohio State doesn't.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, no one really does once you lose. But, the process and criteria are worth evaluating.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            ...... And it sucks that Ohio State doesn't.
            Why?

I agree it's a bit of a toss-up between Bama and osu with an edge to Bama on the basis of osu's blow-out win v. Iowa. So, no osu fans should be complaining and you shouldn't be pandering to talent just because he sent you some bucknuts .... heh.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Buchanan:

Say that OSU beats Akron instead of losing to the Sooners and finishes 12-1. Are they in? The answer, I think, is fairly obvious. It's not just the loss to Iowa, it's that it's TWO losses.

So, in a conference that plays 9 conference games, there's almost no CFP incentive to play strong OoC games. Ever.

It's ok for the SEC because they know that now SEC CG winner will ever, EVER be left out. Never. Ever. But, for B10 teams, you have to take the path of Wisconsin and win the CG. That's pretty much it.

2019 is looking positive for OSU!

Comment

• OSU has Texas AND Notre Dame in few years in two back-to-back seasons. If they care about the CFP, they should ditch those games and play it safe.

Comment

• Or, you know, not lose to an unranked team by 31. Either or, I suppose.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Buchanan:

Say that OSU beats Akron instead of losing to the Sooners and finishes 12-1. Are they in? The answer, I think, is fairly obvious. It's not just the loss to Iowa, it's that it's TWO losses.

So, in a conference that plays 9 conference games, there's almost no CFP incentive to play strong OoC games. Ever.

It's ok for the SEC because they know that now SEC CG winner will ever, EVER be left out. Never. Ever. But, for B10 teams, you have to take the path of Wisconsin and win the CG. That's pretty much it.

2019 is looking positive for OSU!
                    This is why conference championship should be the number one consideration.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

No doubt about Alabama. No other school is in at 4 with that resume. OSU gets the benefit of the doubt, but no school is in the same stratosphere as Alabama when it comes to that. Basically, their resume said "Alabama".

Cime on, that's just bitter tears. Bama is just a better team this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'll go with "either or ...."

I agree that the OOC scheduling has become a big deal re its impact on the CFP. I know that M steered by Dave Brandon, overplayed their perceived need for big games (and for Brandon it was big pay-days) to open the season.

Still, the SOS thing is a player on one's resume so, there is that but still I'd rather see M open v. lesser teams.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I mean, we can keep saying 31 -- it was ugly -- it doesn't matter. They watched OSU and Alabama play and they thought Alabama was better. Lose by 1 or by 31. It's still 2 losses. That is the absolutely key.

No one here is disagreeing with this: Say that OSU beats Akron instead of losing to the Sooners and finishes 12-1. Are they in? The answer, I think, is fairly obvious -- they're in.

Yeah, the easy answer is WIN ALL YOUR GAMES! Well, duh. But if don't get consideration for losing a tough OoC then they're too high risk. Especially if you're playing 9 conference games and playing 5 of those on the road every other year.

Comment

• Bama is just a better team this season.
                            We know that Ohio State is better than Michigan. That's objective. The above is your subjective opinion. And when/if Clemson beats Alabama then I'm sure you'll turn to being a Clemson fan. And if Clemson should lose to Georgia or Oklahoma, then I'm sure you'll be a Dawg/Sooner fan. It's what you do.

Comment

We know that Ohio State is better than Michigan. That's objective. The above is your subjective opinion.

Well, no, that's the opinion of the only people that matter, the committee.

Got under your skin a little there, huh? The collective oLIEo angst puts a big grin on my face. Keep it up, good for a chuckle.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I always find bandwagon fans talking shit after their "real team" gets asswailed annoyingly stupid. It's the one brand of total asstardery that annoys me. My kryptonite.

Comment

Working...
                                X