Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Yeah, in 2019 they are stuck with 5 B10 road games and, I think, had TCU on the road.

They're future schedules suggest they're not as concerned about it -- they have back-to-back years with Texas and ND (one home, one away) starting in 5 years.
    I'll bet that they'll rearrange those so that they aren't in the same year. Penn State, Texas, ND, Michigan, and then two or three other Top 25-ish B1G teams makes for a brutal setup.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure what they'll do with UT/ND. At this stage, the games are close enough that I don't think they'll drop them. And, for that matter, the brands are premium enough.

I'm not sure if they're worried more about $$$$$$$ or more about the schedule. Heh, actually, I'm pretty sure. We'll see. Yeah, Notre Dame, Texas, Penn State, [Nebraska], Michigan State (heh) and M is a nice sounding schedule. Hopefully Urbs' baboon heart holds out for another 7 years.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Obligatory "OSU recruiting is insane; thank little baby jesus for UFM" post. To be followed, shortly, by standard Wizard "STFU" with possible side order of "KYR."

Comment

• Substantively, various sites did a re-rank, so here's the 247 Composite and OSU targets going into summer:

Top 50 Players with legitimate OSU Interest (previous ranking in parens):

3 (3). Micah Parsons (DE)(No longer PSU verbal; still NLOID decision, still like OSU's chances)
            5 (4). Zamir White (RB) (Georgia or OSU, with Mom probably winning out...boo, Mom)
            8 (9). Anthony Cook (CB) (Still think OSU leads big -- but LSU/Clemson will have their say)
            10 (13). Taron Vincent (DT) (VERBAL)
            12 (7 ). Jackson Carmen (OT) (Still an OSU Lock)
            22 (56). Brenton Cox (DE) (VERBAL) (Big Mover; Feel pretty good about this one sticking)
            24 (27). Emory Jones (QB) (VERBAL)
            29. Tyson Campbell (CB) (ADDED) (Miami is presumptive favorite, but OSU buzz – in fact, they’re not pushing for Griffith at this point)
            30 (30). Jaiden Woodbey (S) (VERBAL) (NLOID decision – he has to sign somewhere and he likes OSU!)
            36 (32). Jaelen Gill (WR) (VERBAL)
            37 (21). Teradja Mitchell (LB) (OSU or FSU...OSU folks feel really good...but, I dunno – decision this week, I think)
            48 (47). Kamryn Babb (WR) (Still feel like OSU is team to beat)
            50 (49). Matt Jones (DT) (OSU or ? – he’s a take, IMO, and they’ll figure out if he’s OL or DL)

51-100 w/ High OSU Interest:

64 (69). Jeremy Ruckert (TE) (Still feel very good about OSU)
            65 (57). Max Wray (OT) (VERBAL)
            82 (65). Brian Snead (RB) (VERBAL)
            86 (86). Josh Proctor (S) (VERBAL)
            (this is also a shaky verbal, IMO)

Finally, Ohio Kids that are or will be "Takes" + OoS kids that OSU is a heavy favorite for:

122 (103). L'Christian Smith (WR) (I think he’s now sold on OSU)
            127 (117). Dallas Gant (OLB) (VERBAL)
            148 (154). Tyreke Smith (WDE/TE) (OSU or PSU)
            166 (146). Verdis Brown (OG) (he's from Illinois at IMG...I think OSU is a strong position)
            188 (250). Freddie Scruggs (OG) (Pennsylvania kid...OSU has him, I think)
            193. Kalon Gervin (CB) (ADDED) (If OSU pushes I think they get him )
            257. Sevyn Banks (CB) (VERBAL) (this was came from nowhere…so, I’m not sure how sticky it is)
            268 (248 ). Aeneas Hawkins (DT) (Left him on the list, but I’m not sure he’ll end up being a take.

Off the list: Houston Griffith (CB-53) (OSU apparently thinks they can do better?), Austin Fontaine (DT-80) (Maryland Verbal – so, he’s available if needed, heh) and Christopher Oats (LB-202) (I think OSU will pass).

So, one comment is that there are some really good Ohio players that OSU will pass on. Christopher Oats and Xavier Peters are both going to be really good OLBs. Hawkins will be a very good DT. Tavion Thomas is a really nice RB. I like the two kids Sparty got from Pickerington. What’s interesting is that Fickell at UC is making a strong play to get these “leftover” kids. They should be Sparty or better type recruits, but they may end up casting their lot with Fickell and playing the in the AAC.

Finally, last year OSU signed 10 top 60 players. They currently have 5 top 40 verbals with Carman in the bag and probably at least 1 more. Babb and Jones would are both top 50 and Ruckert and Wray are borderline top 60. So, they’re sort of right back at it, only this year they have a little more wiggle room. Huzzah.

Comment

• You guys are bypassing Bama in talent soon if not already. It's OSU/Bama and everyone else is a big step down.

Comment

• It's stupid. Gotta appreciate it. Won't last.

Comment

• Yeah, Saban will retire after his next NT then the SEC should be wide open for awhile.

Comment

• Good news...Teradja Mitchell picks OSU over FSU. Gives UFM 6 kids in top 40. I think they have better than 50% chance to land 3 more in top 12. To pull out a classic...life in the shadow.

Comment

• Hanni's pessimistic post, unduly so IMO, in the M Recruiting thread got me to thinking about OSU's 2017-18 classes combined. And I thought, man, that would really make Hanni glum, so I opted to do it. Here is a projected lineup/rotation. I included a backup QB and extra folks in the secondary. Cox as a LB is a reach -- I think he's a rush end all the way -- and I think they'll add another quality LB.

The national rank of each player is in parens. Kids that are not part of the team or verbals are in bold/italics (projection confidence varies, but I didn't include anyone I don't think OSU leads for).

For those keeping track at home, that's an ENTIRE STARTING TEAM of TOP 80 NATIONAL players (Proctor is #88, but he's the worst-rated amongst 7 secondary players I listed).

QB: Emory Jones (24)
                      QB: Tate Martell (57)
                      RB: Zamir White (5)
                      RB: JK Dobbins (43)
                      RB: Brian Snead (78 )
                      WR: Trevon Grimes (39)
                      WR: Kamryn Babb (47)
                      H-B: Jaelen Gill (36)
                      TE: Jeremy Ruckert (80)
                      LT: Jackson Carman (12)

LG: Josh Meyers (54)
                      C: Matthew Jones (54)
                      RG: Wyatt Davis (24)
                      RT: Max Wray (73)

DE: Michah Parsons (3)
                      DE: Chase Young (8 )
                      DT: Taron Vincent (10)
                      DT: Haskell Garrett (70)
                      LB: Baron Browning (11)
                      LB: Teradja Mitchell (38 )
                      LB: Brenton Cox (22)
                      CB: Jeffrey Okudah (7)
                      CB: Shaun Wade (17)
                      CB: Tyson Campbell (29)
                      CB: Anthony Cook (8 )

S: Jaiden Woodbey (30)
                      S: Isaiah Pryor (59)
                      S: Josh Proctor (88 )

Comment

• Matta to retire.

Comment

• The time is prob right...I think he's lost the fire. I also think he'll be very tough to replace. It takes a certain mentality to coach here, knowing that you'll always be a second-class citizen of sorts.

Comment

• Chris Mack, Sean Miller, and Billy Donovan are replacement names getting "buzz" from fans.
                            Of course because it's Ohio State, they would hire the Xavier (Miller, Mack) or Florida (Donovan) guy. It sounds familiar.
                            Matta is in the top 10 for highest paid college basketball coaches. Mack would get a big raise if OSU lures him in.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It takes a certain mentality to coach here, knowing that you'll always be a second-class citizen of sorts.
                              Yeah, it's either a pro or a con. Some coaches really like the less pressure-filled situation. And there's a feeling that OSU is still a really good job. So, you can win and you don't have to deal with the same pressure UFM deals with.

Overall, I'm very sad to Coach Matta go. I probably would have given him one more year -- because it's hoops. But, I definitely had the feeling that this season and perhaps the next were going to more of the same. So, I think from a program perspective, it's the right move.

It's a firing that indicates exactly where OSU stands with, frankly, all sports. You better win.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X