Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think ratings will be any higher for this year's playoff.

Comment

• The sequel is usually worse.
      There are some exceptions.

Bama vs Clemson... go Clemson!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Love the hate.

Of course either a Bama alum HC wins or Bama itself wins.

This is our world.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Can't be ignored any longer that the offense has regressed since Hermann left. Warriner needs to be told he's a line coach only or hits the road. Beck simply shown the door. To hell with the impact on recruits. Urban needs to bring in a genuine OC and step back from over-involvement in the offense if that's part of the problem as well.

Standing pat and just telling ourselves that the team is merely young is a problem, IMO

Happy New Year!

Comment

• I say...stay the course.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What an asswailing! lol Didn't see that coming, but some much needed medicine after the last month. Tough night for Jim Delany!

Comment

• I think the selection committee should recommit to the idea that the conference title winner gets preference.

Comment

• It didn't matter who Clemson faced tonight. They were on and nobody could stop them. They woulda beaten us too. No doubt in my mind.
                  Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 31, 2016, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• No doubt

Comment

• First, the gameplan was awful. The offense had issues all year, but they did some things well. They ran outside zone pretty well. They ran bash well and they ran power-read well. They were able to grind yards out running the ball against a lot of teams. They didn't run a single OZ tonight. They didn't run a single PR and I don't recall seeing a bash. They took their foundational offense off the table and ran a bunch of shit they're even worse at. That's JFA.

Second, they've missed on WRs for one reason or another. Victor will be really good. Hill could be a really good 3rd guy. But they don't have anyone that scares the defense. We've all known this. They just don't. Hopefully the 2 WRs they're bringing in will meet expectations. If Grimes didn't tear his ACL then IMO he'd actually be in the top 3 OSU WRs -- right now. The bottom line is they don't have Devin Smith -- who terrified defenses. Or even Jalin Marshall.

Third, JTB isn't a great passing QB. Haskins (or Burrow) probably have the higher ceiling. Cardale Jones had the higher ceiling -- that he miraculously was near in 2014. JTB is a good passer and he can really effective in a coherent scheme, but...

Fourth, I'm unclear how the passing game fits into their broader concepts. It's almost a separate entity. Everything should work off of IZ, PR, OZ -- including the passing game. They should play to JTB's strengths and play short ball in favorable down and distances. They can't possibly wait until 3rd and 7 and then sort of switch over to different sort of scheme and hope it works it out.

Fifth, this IS a young team. But the game against Sparty last year lingers. If they had crushed things like they should have last season, then we could all take solace in the fact that it IS a young team. Instead, the far better OSU team didn't make the CFP and the flawed OSU team did. But still, the WR talent isn't there -- of course, why KJ Hill isn't playing gads is beyond me.

Sixth, I think DSL will get his wish. Lots of rumors that Beck will join Herman at Texas. Also lots and lots of smoke that Kevin Wilson will come in as OC.

Seventh, the defense played their heart out. I knew Clemson would get theirs and they did. But the defense made it hard. They'll lose a lot in the back end to EEs, but should still be really good next season.

Eighth, UFM drops to 61-6. The 6th loss is a tough one, no doubt. It was awful on a coaching level, execution level, stupidity level and every other level. But, I think my longer term takeaway will probably be more along the lines of how they ever got to 11-1 in the first place. I mean, they beat some GOOD teams with an offense that was flawed.

So, eh...it's on to 2017. Crapball way to finish and definitely cause for an honest assessment. But I don't think OSU is in some sort of code red catastrophe.
                      Last edited by iam416; December 31, 2016, 11:23 PM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think some of your passing issues get solved when you get a new QB. When Barrett burst on the scene he was extremely impressive, but I haven't seen it since. It's not like he is bad, but he probably doesn't scare any good defense with his ability to pass. Clemson dared you to throw deep and was not punished for it.

Comment

• LOL.

Michigan beat you too, dipshits.

Comment

• I think some of your passing issues get solved when you get a new QB. When Barrett burst on the scene he was extremely impressive, but I haven't seen it since. It's not like he is bad, but he probably doesn't scare any good defense with his ability to pass. Clemson dared you to throw deep and was not punished for it.
                            They can get by with JTB and WRs that scare teams. But they can't get by with JTB and WRs that can't take the top off.

I mean, I think back to OSU's win at Sparty in 2014 -- that was an almost perfect offensive game. But they had Devin Smith. Dude scared teams.

Comment

• LOL @ Tom. You want to come on this thread that's fine, but I won't by my usual courteous self. I'll pimp your dumbass.

Comment

• Maybe. I do think of the 2014 game, the guy looked like he had pinpoint accuracy and could run. Some seriously scary stuff. Tonight he was throwing lollipops and sailing balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X