No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That appears to be the best hope for the rest of the conference.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nah. It's more fun for us to beat you with a good coach than with a bad one. But, given that you try your best to deal with reality, I'm sure you see that as a silver lining.

Comment

• I certainly don't expect the 26 straight years of coaching he put in; I'm happy to settle for the 10 straight years he put in as HC. I'd even settle for another 9-1 run even though you boys could then claim another win against a good coach.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• (Lincoln) -- The Nebraska Cornhuskers released their 2013 baseball schedule on Thursday morning, and it's full of challenges.

The Huskers will open the season out west with games against Cal State Bakersfield, Cal State Fullerton, and USC. Road games with Texas, UC Irvine, and two more games with Cal State Fullerton are also on the non-conference schedule.

The home schedule includes non-conference games with Arkansas and New Mexico. Nebraska and Creighton will play a home-and-home series while the Huskers will also travel to Omaha for three games in TD Ameritrade Classic in late April.

The Big Ten Conference season starts at Illinois on March 22-24. The home opener for conference play is the following weekend when Northwestern comes to Lincoln. The Big Ten Tournament is May 22-26 in Minneapolis.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Former Husker quarterback Joe Ganz, now a Nebraska assistant coach, shared a few stories from his playing days at the Big Red Breakfast on Friday.

Read the article... here's an excerpt;

About five years later, Ganz was the starter at Nebraska, and the Huskers opened the season against Western Michigan. Ganz told coach Bo Pelini the story of his tryout at the school.

“Bo was like, ‘We’ll throw it 70 times this game’. I’m like, ‘Cool,’ I’m in,’” Ganz said Friday. “We go out and end up scoring about 50 points. I threw for almost 400 yards and four touchdowns. I’m not very nice on the field. I’m very competitive. I could be playing my mom one-on-one in basketball and I’m throwing elbows, I don’t care.

“After the game I go up to the coach and go, ‘Coach, I don’t know if you remember me, you recruited me in high school and told me I wasn’t good enough.’ … I said you didn’t recruit me to your bad school and I said I appreciate it after the 50 points I just hung up on you, and walked away from him cold.

“He’s screaming at me and calling me every name in the book. Bo hears him yelling at me, so you know lefty comes out with his finger and he starts screaming at the coach. He’s like, ‘Don’t you ever say that to my player again.’ Bo’s veins are popping out of his neck. I’m just walking away because I started it. I walk in the locker room and Coach Bo comes up to me after the game and says, ‘I will never let anybody talk to you like that.’ I’m like, ‘Coach, don’t worry about it, I started it.’ He’s like, ‘Oh, all right, cool.’”

* The experiences Ganz had to go through before becoming the starter midway through his junior year following an injury to Sam Keller will help him in his coaching career, Ganz said.

“And I ended up breaking 23 school records anyway, so it doesn’t really matter,” he said. “Who’s counting, right? It wasn’t that hard, all you guys did was run the ball, so it was pretty easy for a throwing quarterback.”

Ganz’s goal is to become a full-time college coach, and he’d love to stay at Nebraska.

* The way Taylor Martinez was rolling against Southern Miss, he may have been able to get close to a couple of Ganz’s school records for single-game passing yards (510) or touchdowns (seven).

“I would have been screaming, ‘Run the ball’ in the third quarter,” Ganz said. “‘Why is he still in? Get him out.’”

Comment

• Im not getting this game on tv, Nebraska making it official now ..Welcome to the Big Ten and forget how to play football out west - UCLA 29 / Nebraska 27 - 6 min to go in the 4th.

Wisconsin has already lost to Oregon St. out west.

Comment

• We are a big team.

Comment

• Played them a year too late. Skippy wouldn't have won this game

Comment

• In spite of that score, I still think Nebraska is the better team.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No...neb is not. My fears have come true

Comment

• Bo has lost his touch..

Comment

• Nebraska just isn't a very good football team Ent. Plain and simple. Offensively I think it is pretty good although last night UCLA was able to rattle TMart pretty effectively. NU was not prepared for that game BUT defensively we are just too damn slow at LB...and our DL is not worth spit. Gonna be a long season. 7-5 at best.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I thought your front seven was your strength?

Comment

• Nope. I think our secondary is ok. LB's are sloooooooooooow. Front 4 get no pressure at all. Bad combo.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wm... No, the front seven is the weakness. Most experience, yes. But they are slow and don't make plays.

Wiz... Tough for any QB to make plays when the defenses front 4 is getting all kinds of pressure. You can do a lot more with that back 7

Comment

Working...
                                X