Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who ranked Nebraska where...

In the AP Poll, 3 of our 4 lowest votes came from BIG 10 media outlets (Minnesota, Michigan, and Indiana).
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• You expect to find favor in Michigan?

Comment

• no favor's, but maybe more support from our local conference friends..

Comment

• F them. Still pissed about 97 apparently.

When we kick their ass in Lincoln we'll have the last laugh.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You guys have more respect in Michigan than you have in the rest of the B1G.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney...most Michigan fans here and ones I know have respect for NU and vice-versa...but your media is a different story. Which is funny because the media in Nebraska can often be anti-Nebraska (just so they can show they are "unbiased" and "real" journalists). And I think you may be right in the rest of the B1G...I think whilst most of B1Gland is happy to have NU in the conference (to make it stronger and more respectable nationally) most are hoping we fall flat on our ass. It's similar to how we hated the SWC schools (mostly Texas) because they were intruders to our tradition (not apples to apples as the Big 8 and SWC was supposedly a "merger").

Frankly most NU fans are humble about joining the B1G...we are honored to join and most had no perception of coming in and dominating football. I figured we could compete most years for a division title and many times for a conference title but I would not say domination.

That all being said I see much respect coming from Michigan, MSU, Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue and Illinois. I saw indifference from OSU, Wisconsin and PSU and venom from Iowa.

That's how I see it.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz.. Agree with your list except NW. It wasn't venom, but it also wasn't indifference.

Comment

• If all you're getting from OlieO is indifference, then you are most fortunate.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well...we haven't been to C-Bus yet...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And so Michigan should be pissed about '97. I wouldn't expect you guys to decline your share of that championship, but it is reasonable to understand why you didn't deserve it and why plenty of voters in this state would feel that way. Maybe not reasonable for them to punish Nebraska in the polls 15 years later, but at least you know where it's coming from.

Comment

• I think most Ohio State fans probably think three things about UNL: (1) they are glad they joined the conference and think it's a great addition; (2) but think Nebraska's program is good, not great; and (3) they don't much care about whether UNL is good or great b/c they're in the other division.

And, frankly, until UNL starts tearing off 11-2 or 12-1 seasons, that's where I sit.

Personally, the Penn State addition was far more antagonistic. First, the B10 ginned up the PSU-OSU rivalry, which was actually fairly natural. Second, I'm from NEO and spent a lot of time in WPIAL country (Western Pa) amongst a ton of obnoxious PSU fans who thought JoePa would dominate the conference. Setting aside the vacated crap, I think they won 1 outright and 2 co-championships from in 19 years. Put another way, during the same time span, so did Northwestern.

So, I think UNL will do ok in the B10. But I still the see the B10 heading toward an OSU/M >> UNL/Wisky/MSU with Iowa pushing to get into that group. Penn State, of course, would have been in that group but they're now in the Indiana/Goofer group. Heh.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well if you count all the titles OSU should vacate you'd be closer to the Indiana/Goofer group too.

Comment

• I try to deal with reality. Penn State had to vacate 2 titles (giving OSU 5 straight outright titles!!!!). Ohio State had to vacate 1 title. I'm not sure if I like the official unprecedented 5 straight outright title dominance or the "unofficial" 6 straight titles, but 3 shared. Tough call.

Anywho, whatever canard you wanna extrapolate from the NCAA findings is your business.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You're gonna have to try a lot harder than that.
                              Last edited by hack; September 5, 2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• OSU will ride Urban for about 3-4 years...then he will move on to his next gig...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X