No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Now the Cornhuskers get what they wanted," Kevin Sherrington wrote in the Dallas Morning News when Nebraska accepted the Big Ten's offer in June of 2010. "Only if they think Texas and the league office treated them like second-class citizens, wait until they get a load of bluebloods like Ohio State and Michigan."
    First of all, lets get something straight. There are no "bluebloods" in OlieO. That is unless you consider dock workers and McDonald's employees "bluebloods".

Secondly, no other state in the union has their nose higher in the air than Tejas does. Just ask any one of them.

Finally, if anything, Nebraska has toughened their schedule by coming into the Big Ten. Meanwhile, Tejas continues to look for ways to avoid teams like Michigan, Penn State and OlieO.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Depends on the severity of the law, I would say. Michigan has certainly reinstated players who ran into legal trouble.

I do understand though that every team Michigan has ever lost to is guilty of one or more of the following:

a) classlessness
      b) cheap shots
      c) cheating
      d) lack of proper awe and respect for the Michigan Way

Comment

• See Post # 970 above.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5iXVGvglW0"]2003 Alamo Bowl - Michigan State vs. #22 Nebraska - YouTube[/ame]

hopefully, history repeats itself
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• UNL lands a late volleyball recruit from California

Comment

• UNL lands a late volleyball recruit from California

Hip hip horaay!

You better make it to our tailgate site, so we knock some sense into you.

Comment

• I'll be there.. I'll need to know where, but I'll be there.

Comment

• I am counting on you to use your Clooney like psychic powers (Men Who Stare at goats) to will a victory for the Cornhuskers.

You will receive the appropriate reverence for such deeds, should a victory be gained, at the Nebraska/M tailgate during which we will make sacrifices to assure Neb's destruction at the hands of the Wolverines. Bring your cloaking devices.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• jeff.. I think Michigan can show up and beat UNL. I'd save the sacrifices for a game you'll need it. Dennard will have a career day.
                    Last edited by entropy; October 27, 2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      My, what a difference 8 years can make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        My, what a difference 8 years can make.

yes. It is sad to think UNL been a contender for about 10 years. UNL has had their moments and opportunities, but they've never kicked down the door and said, yes, we are back.

I think Nebraska fans are ready to be back. This is, imo, the reason for some of the pressure the team and coaches are feeling. Success isn't enough because many UNL fans want to see the evidence the team is back on top.

Comment

• Man, can I ever relate to that.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• and it is sooooo much easier to lose it than it is to rebuild it back, especially in a place like Lincoln Nebraska where you have to recruit nationally.

Comment

• btw.. there is more and more talk out of lincoln that the problems on defense have more to do with the new coaches not understanding how to teach or translate bo's thoughts to the players. UNL has a new LB and DB coach. If true, bo will need to make some changes in the off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                btw.. there is more and more talk out of lincoln that the problems on defense have more to do with the new coaches not understanding how to teach or translate bo's thoughts to the players. UNL has a new LB and DB coach. If true, bo will need to make some changes in the off season.
                                I could buy that as some of the problem, but not much. The vast majority of the back seven on defense have been in the program three years or more. Some of them Bo won't dare play, not ahead of JUCOs or even guys moved from offense within the past month. Same holds true up front, where there have been no coaching changes.

This is a talent problem, plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X