Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is you
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Tom Osborne talks NU-OSU, Bo’s presser, Big Ten fans and more

Comment

• New basketball and wrestling training facilities...
        Last edited by entropy; October 14, 2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Toney McCray was more than willing to show off his basketball team's new locker room and players' lounge to a reporter.

On one condition.

"I will," McCray said, "if you can tell me what this here is."

He pointed to what looked like a large oven.

Turns out, it's a towel warmer. So there's that.

Oh, and heated bathroom floors.

"I'm trying to figure out what all these controls and buttons are," McCray, a Nebraska senior guard said. "I don't really know what they're for, but I'll get the hang of it."

That's about the only negative you heard on Thursday, when Nebraska celebrated the official opening of the $18.7 million Hendricks Training Complex for basketball and wrestling.

And, really, what's not to like?

Sixty-three televisions, including 401 inches worth of screens in the men's players' lounge. TVs in toilets (no excuse to not watch film, is there?). Three-headed individual showers, complete with built-in radio speakers. iPads in each locker.

"I can't believe it," said McCray, who toured the complete facility for the first time only a couple of hours before the official ceremony. "They told us the stuff we were going to get and all the stuff that was going to happen, but man. ... Turns out, they got all the stuff they said was going to be here."

Oh yeah, there's a court, too. Two of them, in fact. The men's court bears the name of former all-conference player Bus Whitehead.

Nebraska will practice for the first time in its new facility on Friday, the first official day of practice.

"This is so awesome," said Lindsey Moore, a starting guard on the NU women's team. "This exceeds all my expectations. I heard it was going to be nice and that there was a lot of money and hard work put in this thing, but I really had no idea what that mean. Now I can see exactly what that means."

Moore's favorite part?

"The whole locker room," she said, "because I don't foresee any of us leaving that area. We've got computers, can do homework, TVs, kitchen. Our court's right there. I could live there. All I need is a pillow and I'll be set."

Nebraska wrestlers already are working out in a 7,500-square foot room that features four mats -- twice the number of the old facility in the Devaney Sports Center. A 5,000-square foot weight room is more than triple the size of the previous one.

Other highlights: a three-tiered meeting and film room that seats 23; large TVs on each basketball court; a granite basketball fountain with a 5,500-pound ball imported from China; a pool table with a custom felt court design graphic imported from England.

"The first and foremost thing is we wanted a room we could have good practices in," Nebraska coach Doc Sadler said. "Then the extras, the personal touches. ... I can't imagine a nicer one in the country."

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• They just suffered a completely humiliating loss, a total collapse and this is all that one osu homer can muster:

The good part of this is that there's still hope of taking down the weasels in AA. The bad part is it will be a game down to the wire there and only if Miller recovers because we have no idea how Kenny Guiton can play.

Obsessed. I guess it at least sheds light on their situation, however pitiful it is.

Comment

• Most fans are obsessed with their rival.

Comment

• M fans maybe are different since they have about 3 rivals of about equal importance?

Comment

• some interesting stats so far.. in the last 60 years, so far UNL's defensive stats would put it at:

#59 in total yards allowed per game
                      #58 in points allowed per game

Comment

• current BIG Volleyball standings... national rankings included..

#1 Illinois 8-0
                        #5 Nebraska 8-0
                        #9 Penn State 6-2
                        #11 Purdue 5-3
                        #14 Minnesota 4-4
                        #24 Ohio State 4-4
                        Michigan State 4-4
                        Wisconsin 3-4
                        #20 Michigan 3-5
                        Iowa 1-6
                        Northwestern 1-7
                        Indiana 0-8

Comment

• Unless you're Wiz and get kick put of watching young girls in tight pants who gives a fuck about women's volleyball.

Comment

• Stan, leave him alone, ent's OK.

Hope you make it to our tailgate ent in November.

Comment

• Stan... If you want to go again, I am game.

Comment

• Geo... Who attends your tailgate?
                                Last edited by entropy; October 16, 2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X