No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh got too big for Michigan. Best to let it go.

Comment

• Trying. It's hard.

Comment

• I can think of several reasons, Hack, why Michigan fans don't want Harbaugh in Ann Arbor.

He is a polarizing figure. Given the relationship between the regents, MSC and the Michigan Athletic department since Schembechler died, the last thing you want is a lot of discord which I'm pretty sure Jimmy Ballgame would bring.

Can he coach and motivate college kids playing college football? You bet. But can you imagine Bo running around like an idiot and flashing his belly after a big win prompting a scuffle with an opponent's coach (exactly what he did when his Niners beat the Lions in Detroit a few weeks ago).

I like Harbaugh. I think he's a good coach as well as being entertaining. But he gets in plenty of trouble with his mouth and you can bet the press would have found ways for him to make an incredibly stupid statement somewhere along the line if he had come to Michigan as its HC ..... even if it was for just a year or two and that is one of the prime reasons I am glad he didn't sign with DB. Changing coaches and staffs every two or three years sucks.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jimmy Harbaugh is a God-damned winner. It seems whatever he sets his mind to is easily accomplished.....the swagger along the way is icing on the cake. Care for a slice?
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 6, 2011, 02:58 PM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
            Jimmy Harbaugh is a God-damned winner. It seems whatever he sets his mind to is easily accomplished.....the swagger along the way is icing on the cake. Care for a slice?
            You mean a slice of his arrogance?

I've got enough of that already but age has done wonders in reducing it.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Michigan fans don't want a winner in Ann Arbor. That's why they cheered as Lloyd sabotaged attempts to get Harbaugh and Miles. They don't have the "character" to be true Michigan men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Michigan fans don't want a winner in Ann Arbor. That's why they cheered as Lloyd sabotaged attempts to get Harbaugh and Miles. They don't have the "character" to be true Michigan men.
                I wouldn't expect an osu fan to understand what winning with humility, integrity and honesty means to Michigan men.

I would expect them to understand, "win baby, just win."

Comment

• Thanks for handing the division to Sparty, asshats.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• With the same personnel this year Harbaugh would have done no better than Hoke. I'm amazed at the instant gratification demanded here. Reality, gentlemen! It took 5 years to destroy the pipeline and it will take more than a single year to repair.

Comment

• Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day, right?

Comment

• "Michigan fans don't want a winner in Ann Arbor. That's why they cheered as Lloyd sabotaged attempts to get Harbaugh and Miles. They don't have the "character" to be true Michigan men."

Boy and people think I post stupid comments!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                          "Michigan fans don't want a winner in Ann Arbor. That's why they cheered as Lloyd sabotaged attempts to get Harbaugh and Miles. They don't have the "character" to be true Michigan men."

Shouldn't you be on your way to the early bird special at the Cracker Barrel, Stan?

Comment

• I can only hope that some day idiots such as you DSL will learn that insulting me is nothing more than a waste of bandwidth. I'm sorry you mistake me for someone who gives a shit.

Comment

• You must believe I take this all much more seriously than I do

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                                "Michigan fans don't want a winner in Ann Arbor. That's why they cheered as Lloyd sabotaged attempts to get Harbaugh and Miles. They don't have the "character" to be true Michigan men."

Well it's not TRUE true, but it's a lot more true than any of us would like to believe.

Jeff: none of those reasons are valid. Harbaugh can win clean and he can win big and every dime spent on him and his program will return the program more than 10 cents in return. Football is the school's brand and its front door.

Comment

Working...
                                X