Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liney.... U r high
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It amazes me that fans of nebraska want to talk their holier than thou shit while making excuses for scumbags like Christian Peters (just a "good ole boy fucking freshman co-eds) or Lawrence Philips( just a "poor kid from the wrong side of the tracks that needs the loving guidance of Pappa Tom and as many chances as he needs) or Mike Rozier who took money under the table while at nebraska. (look up SI's article--"The year the Heisman was won by a pro"). Tom Osborne is no "saint" and he sure ain't a "Big Ten Icon" nor will he ever be. And what's this morbid facination with Women's volleyball?

Comment

• I know in 1997 the Heisman winnrer was in contact with agents before the season was even over

Comment

• Give it a rest Doc. What I said about nebraska goes ten-fold for your cesspool of a school.

Comment

• Talking with an agent isn't a violation.

Signing an agreement with him to officially become the agent, and taking money, gifts, women, cars, etc., is.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Stan..., Just remember to call me sir when you see me.
              Last edited by entropy; October 30, 2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• UNL volleyball lost to pSU. Neb didn't play well at all.

Comment

• "Stan..., Just remember to call me sir when you see me."

Heh! Believe me, I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    It amazes me that fans of nebraska want to talk their holier than thou shit while making excuses for scumbags like Christian Peters (just a "good ole boy fucking freshman co-eds) or Lawrence Philips( just a "poor kid from the wrong side of the tracks that needs the loving guidance of Pappa Tom and as many chances as he needs) or Mike Rozier who took money under the table while at nebraska. (look up SI's article--"The year the Heisman was won by a pro"). Tom Osborne is no "saint" and he sure ain't a "Big Ten Icon" nor will he ever be. And what's this morbid facination with Women's volleyball?
                    I don?t know anybody that makes excuses for Lawrence Phillips, so you?re off the reservation on that one. Dude was a thug, and handed Osborne a bag of shit for going out on a limb for him.

Peter was a raging alcoholic, and was fine when sober. Even became a team captain and is doing quite well in life now that he?s off the sauce. There?s no question IMO that Osborne should have addressed his issues earlier in Christian?s career, but that?s hardly a reason to indict the man or Nebraska fans in general.

I also don?t think Michigan fans should be wagging fingers about early contact with agents at anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      In spite of today's scores, I'm still saying that Wisc and Neb will play for the title.
                      Maybe....I have yet to see our offense show up for a road game against a good Big Ten team yet. I am gaining some faith in that unit however. I still don't see how we contain Robinson though, and Sparty's road from here on out is pretty soft.

I think Nebraska is good enough to get one of the New Year's Day bowl invites however, which is all I really hoped for to begin with.

Comment

• I think the reason for the improved offense is definately the improved OL play. Nebraska has been owning the 4th quarters.

Comment

• I am happy the Lions have Suh and Vanden Bosch.

Comment

• how I view the rest of the season, assuming UNL's secondary plays like it did vs MSU:

NW should be a win. Nebraska has seemed to find it's Peso defense and NW's offense will match up nicely vs UNL's Peso. I also think UNL has more horses in the stable and should win

PSU isn't overly talented, but they are willing to run the ball 50 times. The Peso gives up yards on the ground and if Nebraska has struggled in the 4-3. UNL just doesn't have a SLB. Match up wise, PSU is probably the worst left on the Schedule for Nebraska. If neb can contain the run and score some early points, they'll win. sounds easier than it will be.. PSU has a good defenese. I'm calling this game a toss up

Michigan.. Dennard scares me. He can break loose and if UNL doesn't play contain, he'll burn them for big yards. Pressure is key against Dennard, but I doubt UNL will apply pressure like MSU did. Instead, I believe they'll use the Peso to apply pressure via coverage. May seem odd, but when you think about it, QB's have internal clocks. If guys aren't open, and their clock is going off, they will either force the ball or start moving around. That will work vs dennard, imo. Question is, will he be contained if he moves around. Michigan's d is better and will slow UNL down. I think this is the most likely loss of the 4 remaining games due to dennard.

Iowa.. another power running team, but I don't think they have the horses PSU does to be consistantly successful. I also think UNL can score on them.

2-2 or 3-1 is how I see it. I'll be happy with 9-3. I like the way the team is playing football right now.

Comment

• That is a tough finish but expect you guys to finish 3-1. Another loss likely allows MSU to represent the 'west' in the CCG as they have the softest remaining schedule.

Comment

• agree. I think MSU represents our league

Comment

Working...
                                X