No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This morning, my daughter Madison (almost 3) wanted to show Jen (my wife) her art projects she's made a daycare. When she showed Jen a Nebraska Pennant, Madison said, "Look mom, I made this for you and Daddy. Go Big Red!"

What a great way to start off the day...
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm calling Social Services. Poor kid.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRrOc2sxgjw&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]‪1995 Husker Retro - Fiesta Bowl predictions.... and Grass‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I couldn't stop smiling after this drive....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqDfi1BoP4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]‪NEBRASKA ORANGE BOWL WINNING DRIVE SAPP AND MIAMI SUCKING FOR AIR‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Billings Scarlets center fielder Justin Black has given a verbal commitment to play baseball at the University of Nebraska.

Black, who will be a senior at Billings West in the fall, has another season of Legion baseball remaining next summer. He can officially sign with Nebraska on Nov. 1 and would join the Cornhuskers in the fall of 2012.

In just 39 games this summer, the right-handed hitting Black is batting .462 with six home runs, 66 RBIs and 21 stolen bases. He also has 13 doubles and 12 triples.

Black hit .417 with five home runs, 58 RBIs and 21 steals for the Scarlets last summer.

Black said he chose Nebraska over Arizona, Utah and Central Arizona College, in large part because former Cornhusker star and 14-year MLB player Darin Erstad was named the head coach last month.

"He's a very impressive guy," Black said of Erstad. "He's got a great reputation and a fire for the game. He has a mission to make Nebraska a College World Series contender, and he wants these next two recruiting classes to lead that mission."

The Scarlets are currently 39-7-1 this season. They are in Rapid City, S.D., for a tournament this weekend.

Comment

• http://www.omaha.com/article/2011071...nd-life-s-role

Ex-Husker reflected, then found life's role

By Jon Nyatawa
              WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — Mickey Joseph once considered separating himself from football for good.

His Nebraska quarterbacking career had ended and potential professional playing opportunities seemed distant. Gone was the attention, the acclaim, the pressure and quite possibly, even some of Joseph's purpose.
              Football had been his life since age 6.

But suddenly, when he realized it was over, he started thinking. Time to find a new passion.

"I was burnt out with the game," said Joseph, a four-year letterwinner at Nebraska from 1988 to 1991. "I had just graduated — I was 23 or 24 — and I said, 'I'm tired. I don't want to do this anymore.'"

Joseph should have known better.....

Comment

• [aka Op Ed]

In watching those 1983 videos posted by Entropy, beyond running Turner Gill could also pass.

While I do not expect Taylor Martinez to pass as well as Gill, I do expect that he should be able to consistently hit an open receiver ten yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

We had not had a quarterback who could do that the past two seasons. If Martinez, despite his speed can't do it. I believe that Brion Carnes will be able to do that.

Comment

• Glad you found us, Ed. Welcome aboard.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I found out I got tickets through UNL for the Nebraska/Michigan game. Flight and hotel are now booked.

Comment

• So last night I am watching the BigTen network with my daughter (same one as above). We are watching wisky in the Rose bowl and eating popcorn. When it is time for bed she turns to me and says, "thank you for watching football with me.... ". Awesome!!!

Comment

• You are training her well, pops ...

Comment

• Nebraska volleyball fans will have seven opportunities to catch the Huskers on either the BTN or ESPN2 this fall, NU officials announced Wednesday.
                          Nebraska’s first appearance on BTN will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 21, when the Huskers will play their first Big Ten match at home, against four-time defending national champion Penn State. The Huskers also will be live on BTN at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, when the Huskers visit the Nittany Lions in College Station, Pa.

Two of Nebraska's other Big Ten matches will be shown on tape delay on BTN. Nebraska’s match at Minnesota on Saturday, Oct. 15, will be shown at 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17, and the Huskers’ home match with Illinois on Saturday, Oct. 22 will be shown at 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 24. Nebraska’s home match with Minnesota on Wednesday, Nov. 16, also will be on BTN, but it's yet to be decided if the match will be broadcast live or on tape delay.

Nebraska also will make two tape-delay appearances on ESPN2 when they play Saturday matches at Michigan and host Indiana. Both matches will be shown the following day due to conflicts with ESPN’s coverage of college football. NU’s visit to Ann Arbor on Oct. 1 will be shown at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 2, while the Huskers' home match with the Hoosiers on Oct. 8 will be shown at noon Oct. 9.

Last season the Huskers made two national TV appearances on ESPNU and one on FSN.

The BTN rundown:

Sept. 21 – Penn State at Nebraska, 7 p.m. (live)
                          Oct. 17 – Nebraska at Minnesota, 8 p.m. (delay)
                          Oct. 24 – Illinois at Nebraska, 8 p.m. (delay)
                          Oct. 29 - Nebraska at Penn State, 7 p.m. (live)
                          Nov. 16 – Minnesota at Nebraska, TBA

The ESPN2 rundown:

Oct. 2 – Nebraska at Michigan, 1:30 p.m. (delay)
                          Oct. 9 – Indiana at Nebraska, noon (delay)

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            You are training her well, pops ...
                            It would be great to have my kids love this sport as much as I do

Comment

• Re: Nebraska Volleyball.

They will flat-out dominate the Big Ten. No others need apply.

Every year the only contest will be to see who comes in second.

Comment

• liney... PSU will have something to say about it. they have won 3 NC in a row

Comment

Working...
                                X