Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Looks like UNL might lose a second kid to auburn this week. Odd how committed they become during the visit.

Fuck the SEC... And fuck their cheating. I refuse to watch and hope they all die of horrible diseases.
    Did you feel the same when UNL flipped Dominic Walker from Vanderbilt before he flipped to Auburn?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I didn't feel the same way when mich took an OT from neb.... There is a big difference between saying you want to continue to look or you are not sure .....and telling coaches one thing and doing another.... Like taking a visit. So, they are not equal.

And again, fuck the SEC.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Dan Samuelson flipped to Michigan mainly due to distance from home. I loathe the SEC as well, but I'm wondering what UNL did to get him to decommit from Vandy. It sounds as though you're more angry with the kid for lying.

Comment

• The lying part bothers me... Regardless of school. Seems lately, the SEC is always involved with these situations...

Comment

• So Everybody Cheats

The SEC is Lance Armstrong right now of the CFB World. They will blame their cheating on the fact that "everybody does it" but nobody cheats like the SEC.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Do you buy the report that Bo got pissed and told the kid,"Good luck, you're going to need it?" People are commenting that it made him look like a poor loser.

Derrick Green said that Hoke was so happy about his announcement that he cried a little. Of course, people are laughing at Hoke, but I think, if true, it just shows that Hoke is an emotional guy who really likes his guys.

Comment

• Doesn't seem to be his style... But I bet he told the kid he no longer has an offer...

Comment

• With Lance Armstrong, it was a legtimate excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    Doesn't seem to be his style... But I bet he told the kid he no longer has an offer...
                    He no longer has an offer after he called to say I'm committing to Auburn?

Comment

• With Lance Armstrong, it was a legtimate excuse.

Point taken...all cyclists were doping. But the "cheating playing field" in NCAA Football is far from level. The SEC has made it easy to cheat. Hell it looks like they encourage it.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It seems more than a coincidence that most of this "cheating" occurs in red state America where the truly rabid fans reside. Something about the culture down there. Recently retired Senator Jim Webb wrote a book about this entitled "Born Fighting", the story of how the Scots-Irish created a warlike culture of the U.S. south.

Oops, I'll have Linesman on my case for slipping this in. :-)

Comment

• That theory exists, certainly...

Comment

• Originally posted by hodgkal View Post
                            It seems more than a coincidence that most of this "cheating" occurs in red state America where the truly rabid fans reside. Something about the culture down there. Recently retired Senator Jim Webb wrote a book about this entitled "Born Fighting", the story of how the Scots-Irish created a warlike culture of the U.S. south.

Oops, I'll have Linesman on my case for slipping this in. :-)
                            There's definitely something to the cultural aspect of it. Football is more important. Granted, it's important to us, but I think at the end of the day, we have some perspective about it. And there is some inferiority complex at play too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                              He no longer has an offer after he called to say I'm committing to Auburn?

after they found out he was visting....

from another poster:

He lied to our staff about taking the visit to Auburn. Once he did, we went in home right away on monday and told him very bluntly that we did not appreciate being lied to and if he wanted to go elsewhere, just say so. He said he was very sorry, his friend talked him into going anyway and he was 100% solid to NU again and would call and tell Auburn's staff that he was done with recruiting.

The next night, he lets Auburn coaches into his home anyway and then started tweeting about needing to decide where to go.

The next morning, we got ahold of him and told him we were done recruiting him and were moving on, and good luck.
                              Last edited by entropy; January 28, 2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• rocky.. one other thing. I'm sure the coaches did try and tell him the benefits of UNL over Auburn. If they didn't, they'd be dumb. the unfair part about this is the kid can say what he wants and coaches can't comment.

frankly, if he gives up a 4 yr scholarship to be part of a school that flirts with probation and cuts kids all the time to make room for new recruits... best of luck to him.. he'll need it.

=)

Comment

Working...
                                X