Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does no one remember Webster?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He wrote the dictionary I believe...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The dictionary? Is there only one?
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Rumor is there's chatter between Bo and Tennessee.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Who do you like instead?

Comment

• If its my decision, I mortgage the house and barn to throw whatever it takes to get Chris Peterson from Boise. Beyond his obvious success, the demographic/geographic scenario he's been successful in translates well to Nebraska and I believe that is important. He knows how to win without great weather or a large population base. He recruits California well, which jives with our history, and he runs a tough, disciplined and well-rounded program that executes in all phases of the game. They are known for being a "smart" program under his leadership. Obviously, he's a highly-ranked target for a lot of schools though.

After that...Dan Mullen and Paul Rhoads.

Comment

• Good list of guys who aren't available. Joking, those 3 should be on most every AD's list.

Comment

• Fortunately, Rhoads will be off the table by the time UNL gets around to firing Pelini. My concern is that he's off the table sooner rather than later, as in at Wisky. That would suck because (a) he's good and (b) Herman would be an instant candidate for ISU.

Peterson would be a home run hire. And he actually seems like a guy who would prefer UNL to a Texas or other huge name program.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tks...

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Fortunately, Rhoads will be off the table by the time UNL gets around to firing Pelini. My concern is that he's off the table sooner rather than later, as in at Wisky. That would suck because (a) he's good and (b) Herman would be an instant candidate for ISU.

Peterson would be a home run hire. And he actually seems like a guy who would prefer UNL to a Texas or other huge name program.
                      Rhoads is my 2nd choice...he just seems like a good fit for us.

First priority overall is to hire a HEAD COACH, and not a coordinator disinterested or outright disdainful of everything besides defense. If we do that we'll be better, no matter who we hire. If this ape can win 10 games, what could a real coach accomplish?

Comment

• Alternatively, if you are going to hire a coordinator focused solely on one side of the ball, you could try hiring a really good coordinator who actually makes your team really good on that side of the ball. You know, like holding teams to 17 points in big games instead of, say, 63 or 70.

I realize that's Plan B, but it's still an improvement.

Comment

• If this ape can win 10 games, what could a real coach accomplish?

I'd like to be able to ask that question about Michigan and have it be more than a ridiculous hypothetical. But then again it isn't yet fair to call Hoke a Glorified Coordinator, though he could get there soon. I'd rather he just smarten up and not make the same mistake his predecessor did on the opposite side of the ball.

Comment

• it isn't yet fair to call Hoke a Glorified Coordinator
                            You're right. Glorified Position Coach is more apt. :-)

Comment

• Guffaw. Well played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                                First priority overall is to hire a HEAD COACH, and not a coordinator disinterested or outright disdainful of everything besides defense.
                                My perception is that Pelini has quite a disdain FOR defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X