No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for reference sake, NU's matchups with the new BIG additions and proposed additions:

Maryland: never played
    Rutgers: 1920
    UVA: never played
    UNC: 1977 Liberty Bowl
    Duke: 1955 Orange Bowl
    GT: 1991 Citrus Bowl

In 123 years of football we've played four games against these schools and only one was scheduled...92 years ago. The guys who played in the most recent game are in their mid 40s now.

Also, a quick glance reveals that Iowa has never played a single game against five of those programs; they have one bowl matchup with GT in 2010.

This needs to be kept in mind during rescheduling IMO. We aren't missing much by playing these teams every 10 or 14 years...hell, it'd be a marked increase in our competition with them. Frequency of play with these programs shouldn't even be an issue from our perspective. Retaining marquee games should be paramount.

Comment

• You just need to worry about getting OSU off your schedule for 12 years at time
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Negative. We need more games against Urban...we somebody to push us, and truth be told its already happened. I'd love a rematch with you guys this weekend; we're a better team for what happened in The Shoe. Big, fat wakeup call upside Pelini's head.

Comment

• Fair. A rematch would definitely be worth watching. I highly doubt the total would hit triple digits again.

Comment

• They tend to be somewhat boring affairs in our experience.

Comment

• Oh well. We'll always have 63-38!

Comment

• and 34-27!

Comment

• I know that Ohio State beat UNL 90-45 in nearly 7 quarters of Braxton-led football! That extra 1+ quarter was unfortunate.

You can have your win over the most hapless OSU team of my lifetime. I'll take the walloping of the soon-to-be Big Ten Silver Medalists!!!!!

Comment

• Well, you did beat Wisconsin so its technically true!

Comment

• Ask Talent how the OSU bowl prep is coming...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Need more than a weeks notice to know your going to the CCG, to make plans, take days off, logistics, etc unless you're only a few hours drive away.

Comment

• WM.. and that will be a problem for UNL @ Indy. We just don't have the alumni base or fans in the area. Actually, in general, UNL doesn't have large numbers in the big 10 region. Look at the alumni chapters outside of nebraska.. the largest are in north Texas, Arizona and then southern California. kansas city has a large chapter and you find a lot of neb fans in iowa, Colorado, missouri in general.

In the past, a championship game in Dallas meant a 15-20K in locals showed up for Neb.. and another 10-15 traveled in.. looked good on TV. In indy... there are not the locals to double the number.

it really makes the NW game that much more impressive.
                          Last edited by entropy; November 27, 2012, 04:44 PM.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Agreed that the teams' own stadiums is best. In lieu, make it frickin interesting. People still go to Chicago in the winter for chrissakes, and it's not as if there'd be LESS people. What the fuck's with all the fear of our own damn weather? That dome in Indy has all the charm and draw of the conference center in an airport Best Western, and you're still in a cold-weather environment.

Comment

• As far as I know, people don't take vacations in Chicago. I guess they don't take vacations in Indy either, but I think that the game environment is probably a lot more comfortable.

Comment

• Not sure what to make of that. Chicago is Chicago and Indy is Indy.

Comment

Working...
                                X