No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup. Either our recruiting sucks...coaching sucks...or they aren't playing the right guys. Or it could be a combination. Probably that.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wasn't Pellini the DC at LSU when Les Miles won his MNC? Bo needs players. Nebraska players don't look as big as when Tom Osborne was there. Has the Steroid and Conditioning program changed?
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think some misses, busts and overconfidence in the staff are at play...

The Players are the same size..
        Last edited by entropy; September 9, 2012, 02:19 PM.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• And UNL has been bad on special teams the last 5 losses. Our attention to details is not good.

Comment

• A post from another board regarding nebraska's D.

---------------

Isn't Rocket Science based on physics? Doesn't physics tell us that it's harder to stop an object that has more forward force than the same object that has less forward force?

Imagine you are an NU DLmen. Would you rather sit a yard away from a 310lb object, allow it to move first (the offense always does), and then try to catch it, and stop it, or would you prefer to be closer to the object, and meet its forward force with forward force of your own?

If you were an offensive lineman which would you prefer to play against? Serious questions guys.

This is nothing new. "Finesse" teams have been gouging us on the ground for years now. Hell, remember Mike Leach bringing his Air Raid to Lincoln the week after we beat Mizzou in 2009? Remember him pounding sand up our ass with Baron Batch? I sure do.

I know why we play this way. I don't like it, though, and I'm done justifying it. You all should be tired of it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
              Wasn't Pellini the DC at LSU when Les Miles won his MNC? Bo needs players.
              He was, and he did have players...players bequeathed by Nick Saban. Its also worth noting that while they won a national title, they also lost 2 games that year, both due to his defense. Gave up 43 points to Kentucky and 50 points to Arkansas at home.

Comment

• I don't think anyone would argue that many QBs would have done better in the same scenario than Taylor did, but it would have been asking a lot for anybody to get us a win IMO. Mora moved to a Pro 30 front in the second half, and was getting great pressure with four defenders, leaving 7 on the back end. In essence, its what Bo's defense is supposed to be doing. Oh the irony.

Our OC played right into it too, doing Taylor no favors by staying in one-back most of the game. UCLA dominated field position as well, in large part due to their punter having a great day and our so-called all american shanking everything.

Really, its a miracle that we lost by 6 points. Should have been by 16 at least.

Comment

• UCLA could be pretty good. That program has been horribly underachieving, but they have at least Top 25 recruiting talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                    He was, and he did have players...players bequeathed by Nick Saban. Its also worth noting that while they won a national title, they also lost 2 games that year, both due to his defense. Gave up 43 points to Kentucky and 50 points to Arkansas at home.
                    Wow! I guess I only remember what they did to osu in the bowl game.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Well it was a damn strong football team, IIRC.

Comment

• Yeah, Dorsey was limping around at the end of the season. 30 days of "rest" and he was much better. And Flynn hit every big 3rd down pass in the 1st half. Oh well.

It was a shit year for CFB. LSU was probably the best team. Though, it would have been nice if RichGOD didn't hack it up against Pitt that year. I would have traded the RichGOD era at M for another BCS title.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Judging by what Juice Williams did to you guys and what WVU did to Oklahoma, I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume that would have been an easy matchup for OSU.

That was a crazy year for college football. A bunch of meh teams took turns at #2. Including BC and South Florida.

Comment

• Eh, I mean the Juice thing was an outlier of all outlier. I look at what OSU did against Texas and Oregon in 2008 and 2009. They could handle spreads when they could control the LoS. The biggest problem they had against LSU was power football of Hester between the tackles -- well, and turnovers and other huge mistakes, i.e., blocked FG and then roughing the punter (inexplicably not blocking the punt). I should also note -- the 2009 team was almost certainly better than the 2007 team and the 2008 team might have been as well.

Anyway, I think they would won, but it's a pointless argument. RichGOD choked mightily against Pitt and OSU got to play the best team in the country. Bah.
                            Last edited by iam416; September 10, 2012, 09:20 AM.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              UCLA could be pretty good. That program has been horribly underachieving, but they have at least Top 25 recruiting talent.

they are an 8 win team, nothing great. UNL has talent problems in the front four on D and when you compound that with errors, in the kicking game and by the coaches (like have the MLB follow the RB in motion leaving the middle of the field wide open because you refuse to move the safeties up 10 yds OR have a DE cover a scat back..), it amplifies it.

Not to mention an OC who refused to run 2 back sets when UCLA was giving them a 30 front... Heard, the 3rd string RB, was gashing UCLA late in the game. Pulled him out so UNL could start passing the ball. stupid. 7 man coverages are tough to pass into..

Comment

• Its an NFL defense.

In the NFL, you can do those things. Defenders close on the ball much faster, and every one of them is a sound, proven tackler so you don?t need airtight coverage on the short stuff. Nobody is taking a 2-yard pass for 60 yards like that kid from UCLA did, unless they?re in a blitz which we were not when that happened. Nobody gets away from the second defender in the pros.

Not that NFL coordinators worry about short passes anyway, because nobody runs for 300 yards. Your NFL offensive lineman these days is a hulking 320lb gob of fat who defines run blocking as taking three steps in one direction and shoving somebody, and as a result most runs go for like a yard. Running the ball in the pros is an extension of pass protection, while the real battle takes place between the QB and safeties. And that is how Bo Pelini views defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X