No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's ground game in Arizona and Nevada was turned over entirely to Musk's SuperPAC. Leaked audits show as nearly 25% of the door-knocks by canvassers were fake. There's some interesting tidbits in here just regarding the general perils of paying people to canvas instead of using volunteers (mercs vs true believers).

Revealed: Trump ground game in key states flagged as potentially fake | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Comment

• Neither party ever cheats in canvassing. Especially The Party.
      Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• I’ve seen enough: Trump will win.
        Mentally prepare yourself. Doubt there is anything that Harris can do to turnaround this momentum over the last few weeks. Willing to do a friendly bet with anyone about changing their profile picture when it comes to correctly picking the election winner. Though warning: Didn’t go too well for the forum Stephen F Austin fan a few years ago. I forgot who this is… don’t think he’s been on the forum in a while.

Fetterman is right about the impact Musk will have on Trump winning Pennsylvania. Millennials and Gen Zs will be more in Trumps camp when compared to 2016 and 2020. I agree with Nate Silver’s comments of late too. Various additional reasons: Harris skipping the Al Smith dinner, awful interview with Bret Bair, and the reasons mentioned a few days ago about reading between the lines.

If Ds are going to start doing the blame game, not having an open convention was so dumbassed. By simply having a ticket with Josh Shapiro, I think that would have been enough to bury Trump.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Trump has kind of flipped the script on Giggles. He's gone into silent mode a little more now than in the past, and he just lets Giggles keep talking. Her biggest weakness is when she talks. Even her most ardent supporters acknowledge that she's a horrible campaigner. The only reason she's close now is how she was packaged coming out of the faux-convention. She was packaged as this smiling, pretty minority woman who was taking on the evil Trump with just a touch of the 'perils of Pauline" thrown in for good measure. It was working until even Dems told her that she needs to speak up on specifics. That is when talking comes in, and its once again, her biggest weakness. I have no idea how she ever successfully became a lawyer.

I won't take the bet, because there are still a lot of very stupid voters out there, but it can't be denied that Trump has made a comeback. Will it be enough to win? I'm still not sure.

Comment

• DSL,

I mailed Talent a book that he is honor bound to get to you for your edification once he is done with it.

Think Turtledove x infinity. You’ll love it.

Yours in Sid Bream,
            AA
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good Lord

Comment

• There are many reasons Harris could lose the election but "skipping the Al Smith dinner to campaign in Wisconsin instead" will not be one of them. Get a grip.

Comment

• Liney, Ann Arbor is in Washtenaw County. Livingston County is between Genesee and Washtenaw. I live almost on the border of Genesee and Washtenaw.

Comment

• All the momentum is with Trump but the margins are so tiny that I think the D’s ground game can make up the difference.

I’m soooo glad that I get to see out of state political ads during the Texas - Georgia game. Is there no way to filter that out for the national audience?

Comment

• Sorry, Mike. I guess I'm just directionally challenged today. You are correct, of course.

I should have known better. I worked a ton of football, softball and volleyball games in Livingston County. Hartland, Howell, and Brighton kept our crew busy year around.

Comment

• The D’s might have a good ground game, but Kamala is still there. She’s really got nothing compelling to offer as a closer. The desperation in her ads has become laughable.

Comment

• A vote for Trump is really a vote for Vance at this point. Having real doubts that the dude can complete a second term.

Great 10 minute digression about the size of Arnold Palmer's putter last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            All the momentum is with Trump but the margins are so tiny that I think the D’s ground game can make up the difference.

I’m soooo glad that I get to see out of state political ads during the Texas - Georgia game. Is there no way to filter that out for the national audience?
                            I heard there were some Cruz ads, dooming Texas.

Comment

• A vote for Trump is really a vote for Vance at this point. Having real doubts that the dude can complete a second term.
                              I remember thinking the same thing about The Chairman. Yet, he's still there. His wife is calling the shots, but on paper, Chairman Joe is still the 'president'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                A vote for Trump is really a vote for Vance at this point. Having real doubts that the dude can complete a second term.

Great 10 minute digression about the size of Arnold Palmer's putter last night.
                                Vance would win straight up right now. I doubt Trump will survive because loons win assassinated him at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X