No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The double take nearly made me spit out my coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      The double take nearly made me spit out my coffee.
      See?? It was funny

Talent's just a humorless scold

Comment

• DSL,

Neither Trump or Kamala will be the brightest, most mature leaders we could have had. Neither will get any sweeping legislation pushed through. Neither will be the competent elder statesman we need to help lead the world through the myriad situations worsening in Europe, the Middle East, or Asia.

I have zero faith in Trump or Kamala. I do think DJT will do better with the essentially open border we have now. It’s all I have to cling to.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• New Fox poll has Trump +2 but Harris +6 in the battleground states. Would be funny watching 90% of the country reverse their positions on the electoral college

Fox News Poll: Trump ahead of Harris by 2 points nationally | Fox News

Comment

• The fact that they're doing all they can to "close" the border for the election really highlights their intent for the previous 3.5 years.

DJT is a total buffoon. And an asshole. Harris is vacuous and seemingly incapable of an inch of deep thought. And, by all accounts (back when the Media was trying to jettison her)...an asshole. She's unquestionably an absolutely terrible politician.

I really can't fully express how much I detest this election with merely a keyboard and no high grade explosives.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              New Fox poll has Trump +2 but Harris +6 in the battleground states. Would be funny watching 90% of the country reverse their positions on the electoral college

Fox News Poll: Trump ahead of Harris by 2 points nationally | Fox News
              LOL.

If I had to guess, I'd say DJT has Georgia/NC; Harris has Michigan -- and the other 3 are honestly I can't even lean one way or the other.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm not terribly worried if Harris is behind by one or two points but if it's more like 5-6 anywhere...

Democrats have the enthusiasm edge for the first time since 2012. And it's not pro-Harris, it's anti-Trump zeal. And I am feeling pretty good that the Dems have a better ground game than Trump in the states that will matter. Trump could genuinely be more popular than her but his overreliance on the "forgotten" Americans, the unreliable voters, and hiring people based on sycophancy rather than competence are his campaign's two biggest weaknesses. If a lot of people who dislike both candidates stay home, IMO that will hurt Trump more than Harris.

Or I could be totally wrong and Trump wins 300+ electoral votes. Who knows.

Comment

• PA is the bellwether. I figure they will determine a winner by November 15th or so. Gonna be fuuuuunnn shit!

Comment

• African-Americans and Asians are both more pro-Harris than Hispanics (Georgia has more of the former) so the swing state I think will be Harris' worst is probably going to be Arizona (though Lake will still get pounded).

Comment

• The funny thing is I have friends staunchly on both sides of the aisle. We were talking Monday night at the bar. Me and three friends, two right wing and 1 left. Left wing friend would take W over either of these candidates and the right wing friends would jump at the chance to have Clinton or Obama back over either Kamala or DJT.

It’s like everyone knows how shitty this Sophie’s Choice is. How did we get here? How did it distill down to this?

Sad, really…
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        PA is the bellwether. I figure they will determine a winner by November 15th or so. Gonna be fuuuuunnn shit!
                        If you watch on Election night a tip I've heard is to keep an eye on Allegheny County. In the past two elections they've developed a good & fast system and will be counting mail-ins in advance of election day this time. They should be done way faster than Philadelphia. Hillary got just under 56% of the vote there and lost the state. Biden got 59.5% of the vote there and won.

Also important: Erie County and Northampton County. If either gets near 100% reported and Harris is several points behind, she's done.

Comment

• How did we get here? How did it distill down to this?
                          Biden waited far too long to drop out. If he had simply done the honorable thing and never ran for reelection in the first place, the Ds would have had a normal primary process. A true primary would NOT have produced Kamala Harris as the nominee. There's zero point fucking zero percent chance that would have happened. Trump still has enough cache among primary voters but this is the last go around for him.

I actually think this is rock bottom. At least if Trump wins, that's the end of Harris' career in public office. If Harris wins, the Rs hopefully won't have to deal with a 4th Trump campaign and will be able to nominate a much more formidable candidate. If they were running a "generic R" type candidate this cycle, they'd win with 400+ EC votes. It would be a bloodbath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            African-Americans and Asians are both more pro-Harris than Hispanics (Georgia has more of the former) so the swing state I think will be Harris' worst is probably going to be Arizona (though Lake will still get pounded).
                            If Harris wins Wisconsin, Michigan, and PA and loses the other 4 key states: NC, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada, she'd hit 270 exactly. If that comes to pass there's gonna be a lot of people upset with Nebraska and their split EC vote system.

If Trump wins PA, he can lose one of NC or Georgia and still win. IOW, if Trump takes PA, he'll win the presidency. Michigan will also be huge but I just have a hard time believing he can pull that rabbit out of a hat again.

Anecdotally, I see more Trump signs in my area than I ever remember from the last two elections. Apparently, they put a TV in the cafeteria at my kids' school. He said that whenever a Kamala Harris ad comes on the whole school boos. He's 7.

Comment

• Where do you live?

Comment

• Harris is making 3 stops around Wisconsin today so at least she's not repeating Hillary's mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X