No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stunned, STUNNED that she's going on Fox. Even if Bret Baier isn't the most hostile interviewer, he certainly isn't what amounts to a member of the Harris/Walz campaign staff.

I said from the beginning that the winner will be whoever speaks the least. Trump, it seems, may be exhibiting a modicum of restraint. Unbelievable.

Comment

• It is because his incontinent and incompetent old ass can't speak.

He glitched out and listened to music for 30 minutes last night.

And you fuckers are still going to vote for that nursing home patient

Jesus
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yep. We got a country to save!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          If the election was held today and not 3 weeks from now, leaning Trump wins. A LOT can change in both directions as is evident with how nuts this presidential election cycle has been. More ups and downs than I can ever remember. I want to be objective and predict who wins as with sports predictions. No sandbagging.

Random reasons:
          - Gambling odds.
          - Trump is very close in the polls when compared to 2016, 2020.
          - The drastic change in both campaign strategies as mentioned before. They have access to the insider polls. Trump is complaining in blue states in recent days. Harris abandoned the basement hiding strategy to be on every type of media outlet. Why would this happen?
          - I doubt that people are as fired up about the abortion issue as 2022. The Roe v Wade overturning fired up a certain base. Old news. The economy takes center stage and prices are still ridiculous.
          - Just random other observations. Like Trump and Harris had a campaign event at the same time last night. Trump had 8K viewers on Twitch, Harris had 1.7K viewers. Other stuff like that too.

3 weeks left. Again, a ton can change. Example: In 2012, I thought Romney-Obama was a toss up prior to the big hurricane event. Then it seemed like Obama gained a little momentum prior to Election Day.

Should be fun.
          The final betting market average in 2016 was Hillary 87-13

RealClearPolitics - 2016 U.S. Presidential Election Betting Odds

In 2020 it was Biden 63-38. Which, at least they got the winner right that time, but exaggerated the margin.

RealClearPolitics - Betting Odds - 2020 U.S. President

The betting markets aren't more accurate than polls. In fact they can be easily influenced by a handful of big money gamblers, just like sporting contests can.​​

Comment

• Why is Harris suddenly going on every media outlet?

Just trying to be accurate in objectively predicting who will win. I don’t like several things about both Rs and Ds. It sucks.

Trump will be a no brainer pick to win if this momentum continues from the last few weeks. … at this rate IMO. Harris campaign needs to try to hold ground and keep it around here. It will be interesting to see what happens as Election Day gets closer.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Long been memory-holed but the Wednesday before election day in 2016, Bret Baier went on his show and reported that Hillary was about to be indicted for activities at the Clinton Foundation. It created a 48 hours news cycle of MAGA chuds raging and howling that the MSM was ignoring this massive scandal. By Friday Baier admitted he had fucked up and his reporting was wrong. And obviously no indictment ever happened.

Just one of the many knives that went into Hillary that final month of Campaign 2016.

Fox News anchor: It was 'mistake' to report possible Clinton Foundation indictment (cnn.com)

Comment

• The only thing this dementia patient is going to save is a seat for his imaginary friend at Bingo night at the home.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Why is Harris suddenly going on every media outlet?

Just trying to be accurate in objectively predicting who will win. I don’t like several things about both Rs and Ds. It sucks.

Trump will be a no brainer pick to win if this momentum continues from the last few weeks. … at this rate IMO. Harris campaign needs to try to hold ground and keep it around here. It will be interesting to see what happens as Election Day gets closer.
                  I think the race has tightened marginally and the Harris campaign no longer thinks she can just wait it out till election day. I believe all that.

I don't agree that there's been a major swing in the polls and I've explained why you cannot assume that Trump will outperform the polls by the same margins as 2020 or 2016. For one, there are a lot more R-aligned pollsters now and secondly, the polls underestimated Dem strength in the midterms. Anecdotally I also don't think Trump has the same enthusiasm backing him this time as 2020. To me that's backed up in polling too: Dems are more enthusiastic than Republicans again. Not because they like Harris in particular but because the race is winnable.

I also disagree with you that no one cares about abortion anymore.

Why is Trump holding a rally at Madison Square Garden a week before the election? Because he's an egomaniac that will enjoy basking in the love of his supporters in his hometown. He'll never get to play MSG again. It ain't because New York and California are suddenly within reach that he's heading to these huge venues. It's PR to convince people that's he's immensely popular and can't possibly lose unless cheating happens.

Comment

• Ran across this yesterday. In 2018 when Trump put tariffs on China, they retaliated against US soybean farmers.

Trump had to pass a massive bailout program to save thousands from going bankrupt, a program that outspent the entire US State Department, NASA, the EPA, and a bunch of other agencies.

It’s fair to expect this to happen again if he’s reelected but on a much larger scale.

Comment

• Standard tactic of his. Don’t like the question or have an answer? Ignore it and rant about a preferred topic (in this case brain-dead claims of voter fraud, as usual).

Comment

• The worst excesses Harris talks about (that free 25k for home buyers for instance) generally require the cooperation of Congress.

Trump can enact pretty much any tariff he wants without Congress which is one of the appeals to him.

Comment

• Comment

• Wait a minute -- are you saying that high taxes can operate as disincentives? Are you saying that we just can't tax imports and expect there to be no modification of behavior? I mean.....
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              It is because his incontinent and incompetent old ass can't speak.

He glitched out and listened to music for 30 minutes last night.

And you fuckers are still going to vote for that nursing home patient

Jesus
                              He's well past this prime. Just shows you what a lousy candidate you have that it is even close.

Comment

• Yup, they do. Obviously there's tradeoffs you have to consider when deciding to set taxes at 0% or 90%. I think most people understand there'd be tradeoffs.

Trump keeps claiming there's not a single downside to tariffs as high as 2000% and we'll totally balance the budget with this. Sure thing, Don.

Will his tariffs be as sweeping as he claims right now? Who knows? Maybe somebody will convince him that actually, the US produces almost no bananas or coffee, and it'd be stupid to tax imported coffee 20%. But he's a very stupid man, so don't count on that.

Bringing coffee plantations back to rural Michigan, like the good old days, before Wall Street destroyed our great country!

Comment

Working...
                                X