No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half the state is under a hurricane warning now. All those places on the Gulf coast I mentioned plus Ocala, The Villages, Lakeland, Orlando, and the east coast from St Augustine down to Vero Beach.

Comment

• I've been using this free (there's a premium version with more) website for 3 or more years. It gives a very robust visual presentation of Milton. There's lots to play around with to get the picture you want.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Republican who represents western North Carolina debunks a bunch of the lunatic conspiracy theories about Helene

Debunking Helene Response Myths | Congressman Chuck Edwards (house.gov)

Comment

• This morning's update makes it look as if Milton's eye will pass over Bradenton or Sarasota rather than Tampa or St. Pete. Not sure there's going to be much left of Siesta Key by Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            This morning's update makes it look as if Milton's eye will pass over Bradenton or Sarasota rather than Tampa or St. Pete. Not sure there's going to be much left of Siesta Key by Friday.
            Yep. The further south it goes, the better it is for me.

That is the thing about these fuckers. If you live on the coast, you are always hoping that somebody else gets their ass kicked.

That is why I always laugh at the "God was looking out for us" crowd. He looked favorably on me, but he must have a case of the ass with those fuckers that got hit by this storm? Damn. What an asshole.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I posted a video months ago with a guy who reviews different Bible editions as he took a very honest look at the Trump Bible. There was no printing information in the Bible itself but he suspected they'd been printed in China because of how cheap the paper and binding was.

Turns out he was right. Trump buys 'em from China for $3, then sells 'em to you for $60 a pop

Trump's 'God Bless the USA' Bibles were printed in China, AP review finds | AP News

Comment

• Making America Great again! One Chinese bible at a time.

What a fucking clown. And you fuckers are going to vote for this jackass?
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yep. Gotta save democracy.

Comment

• If accurate this 70/30 breakdown is basically the same as any other election. If Anything Trump is doing a little worse than prior Republicans among Jewish voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Making America Great again! One Chinese bible at a time.

What a fucking clown. And you fuckers are going to vote for this jackass?
                      It’s the only Bible with Lee Greenwood’s Divinely-inspired lyrics in it.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Milton's landfall is just hours away expected between 8pm tonight and 1am on Thursday with the eye most likely passing over Sarasota. As expected, Milton is weakening being impacted by wind sheer and dry air being ingested and various hurricane models depict this weakening of the storm.

But it's a short time frame for weakening before Milton crosses the coast line and therefore it's going to be a Cat 3 (125mph winds). All the forecasters I'm listening to are stressing that storm surge is the most dangerous element of Milton. Evacuations have been ordered for coastal areas between just north of Tampa Bay to as far south as Fort Myers and from the looks of traffic, folks are taking heed and leaving. Storm surge will be anywhere from 12 feet in the NE semicircle of Milton (this includes Tampa Bay) to 3 feet in the SE quadrant. A lot of variability in the amount of storm surge across the entire west coast of FL - a few miles of wobble N or S changes what coastal areas could be inundated.

Here, just N of Fort Lauderdale, it's been mostly a nice day. It was breezy this morning and we're up to 20-25 sustained now. We've had some rain bands pass through seen on my radar app but we've not had other than sprinkles, then the sun comes out. The most dangerous threat is pop-up tornadoes in these rain bands. We had one alert about 2h ago but none since. N of here, there are a lot of tornado symbols on my radar app but the track of Milton is keeping these bands N of us.

We're in a watch mode now as forecasting has pretty much ended as Milton is closing in within a pretty well defined cone centered on Sarasota, wind and storm surge nailed down. So far, authorities appear to have done a good job in hurricane prep wrt to convincing people in low coastal areas on the west coast to bail. Some headed S (a smart move) and are filling hotels here. Reports of drives from at risk areas to point's N are taking 18h to be clear of Milton's cone as it crosses the state still as a hurricane and exits near the Space Coast of Eastern FL. There's no gas in multiple points along the west coast and along the freeways that are evacuation routes. Plenty of availability here. Post storm clean-up is complicated by clean-up, not yet complete from Helene. It's going to be months with Insurance claims on destroyed property to take a good year to be approved and insured property repaired. Some Floridians, that have experienced Helene's destruction, may not come back at all. The thinking is that this is just the start of repeated major hurricanes slamming into the FL peninsula.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trump blames it on immigrants.

Comment

• kamala is doing her best to hand it to trump --I see why they want the basement strategy now

Comment

• At times, it seems like an election that neither one wants to win. They both keep doing stupid stuff.
                                Go Tigers. Bless you boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X