Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    I will never understand why people seemingly line up to go to prison for that guy.
    Mental illness. Loneliness. Alienation. Conspiracy theories allow dumb people to feel smart. They make you feel special, like you've got secret knowledge that the normies just can't handle. Typically people that feel like society hasn't given them the recognition they "deserve" and eat it up when they find a community that finally, for the first time in their life, cares what they think and wants to hear about how Serbian hackers stole our election.

I saw a clip of her sentencing. The woman's definitely a true believer and not a grifter. She warned the Judge that he'd better not send her to prison because she's a Child of God and God punishes those who screw with his kids. Generally not useful at a sentencing hearing. The only character witnesses she could dig up were fellow kooks.

Mike Lindell is the one who egged her on her criminal actions and he ended up doing jack shit for her in the end.

Comment

• I wasn't familiar with the case but watched a few minutes of her pleading for leniency while insisting she's innocent (lol) and the judge's full remarks before sentencing. Let's just say he was unmoved by her testimony.

Comment

• Yeah. Zero remorse. Wanted to rehash arguments made at the trial. The few chracter witnesses she could dig up mostly just accused the court of being politically motivated and the judge should immediately free her. Basically everything you could possibly do to annoy a judge at sentencing, she did, except leap over the table and take a swing at him.

Comment

• Comment

• Future House Speaker

Comment

• Comment

• It got cropped out unless you click on it but the one from 1982 is one of the best...complaining about gum costing 30 cents (ridiculous!) and life being better in 1932...at the height of the Depression lol

Comment

• Best jobs report since March. Unemployment dropped a tick. July and August revised upwards. The Chairman is still delivering RESULTS for the American people!!!!!

September 2024 U.S. jobs report: (cnbc.com)

I Mean Joe Biden GIF

Comment

• Putting aside that this bozo is mandating all classrooms in Oklahoma K-12 have a Bible on hand...

He's requiring that the Bibles used must be King James Version only AND must contain the Pledge of Allegiance and US Constitution, among other things. The vendor cited in the story says he sells over 2900 different versions of the Bible and not one of them fits the requirements. But guess who's selling one of the only versions that does....

'Trump Bible' one of few that meet Walters' criteria for OK classrooms (oklahoman.com)

Comment

• This is a real tweet.

How the fuck is this moron in Congress?

462105369_8492308014137860_829958369408939324_n.jpg
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Per Cook her district is the most Republican district in the state. She didn't even have a challenger in the primary this year.

Comment

• The latest on the conflict in the ME: Israel is purposely carrying out genocide of Palestinians. It follows that you kill as many of them as you can including the kids, you reduce the threat to the security of Israel. No surprise here that journalists and their editors are picking up on this line being fed to them by a well oiled Iranian propaganda machine. The proof of this alleged genocide are endless videos of the destruction in Gaza, the West Bank and now Lebanon. Following these are weeping mothers holding their dead children. More videos depict Israeli soldiers seemingly enjoying the catastrophe and death unfolding before them.

Lets get a few things straight here. I've already mentioned the chicken and egg allegory. The extended version of that is the Iranian strategery, publicly announced a long time ago, to surround Israel with a "Ring of Fire." That would be principally Hezbollah and Hamas and several other affiliated groups with the stated mission to destroy Israel. That goal has been on-going for a decade or more. One can argue that Israel's government, especially the one headed by Bibi Netanyahu, failed to recognize the threat from Iran as seriously as it should have. That led up to the October 7th attack on Israel orchestrated by Hamas.

So here we are. Israel hasn't publicly announced their strategy or tactics in the current circumstance. But, it is clear that there are three things that Israel is trying to do. First: Systematically decapitate the leadership of Hamas and Hezbollah. Second: secure the boarder regions between Israel and Lebanon to prevent Hezbollah from threatening parts of northern Israel with rockets, returning Israeli's to their homes from which they were evacuated a month ago. Eliminate Hamas' capacity to govern Gaza or carry out military operations againt is Israel. Third: Derail Iranian strategy of using it's proxies to carry out it's larger goals in the ME, i.e., to become the ME's power broker and destroy the state of Israel.

I support Israel in accomplishing their goals. War sucks. It's brutal. It's unfair for innocent populations being exposed to conflict. there's no questiin war creats humanitarian crisis whenever or wherever it occurs. But lets not lose sight of the moral clarity about what is right in this conflict and who the aggressors are.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We are surely blessed by the current leadership. It should be super easy to find your 4th part time job without benefits. My cousins down in NC may qualify for a $750 windfall to rebuild their missing homes while they wait for a friendly FEMA rep to make it up the mountain hopefully early next year.

Meanwhile good folks walking over the border are instantly getting the bare minimum to survive. Million dollar welcoming centers help lesson their poor despair.

Such a great country where lies can come true as long as the fact checkers either don't check or just want to believe lies bad enough.

I feel so guilty not realizing how truly amazing things are right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Per Cook her district is the most Republican district in the state. She didn't even have a challenger in the primary this year.
                              I was going to say that all Republican voters can't be that stupid, but then I looked back at this thread.

*sigh*
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yep. Lots of MTG supporters here. My god you are fucking dumb one.

Comment

Working...
                                X