No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Kristofferson died. One of the most interesting lives imaginable.

Oxford grad, boxed there. Helicopter pilot, rank of captain, Ranger school. Stole a helicopter to fly to Johnny Cash’s house to drop off a demo tape. Turned down a faculty position at West Point to work odd jobs in Nashville and get a recording contract. Became an actor and a philanthropist after some fame as a songwriter.

Will make a nice movie.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Willie is the only Highway man left.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 5 weeks to go!

Comment

• STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I just downloaded the Titanic soundtrack.

it’s synching right now.

(I’ll show myself out)
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• horrible
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• horrendous

Comment

• I'd love to hear more puns, jokes and/or bits of wisdom from Alabam"Alum" -- it really classes up this thread.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't follow the various election outcome scenarios but this link to 538 summarizes a wide range of ways Harris or Trump can get to 270 EC votes with a lot of pretty cool charts and graphs:

538’s 2024 presidential election forecast model showing Democrat Kamala Harris’s and Republican Donald Trump’s chances of winning.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Harris is going to win because Trump cares far less than his supporters.

Trump isn't trying but he needs to, Harris isn't trying but doesn't have to.
                        Last edited by Mike; September 30, 2024, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• She's being packaged expertly. No doubt about that. Hollywood at its best.

Trump is clunking along thinking that people care that someone is eating cats.

Its almost like watching John McCain running against Barack Obama. Its September, and he's already given up.
                          Go Tigers. Bless you boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            She's being packaged expertly. No doubt about that. Hollywood at its best.

Trump is clunking along thinking that people care that someone is eating cats.

Its almost like watching John McCain running against Barack Obama. Its September, and he's already given up.
                            The environment for McCain was horrible in 2008 because of the financial crash. It's hard for a party to win a 3rd consecutive presidential race when the incumbent has like a 23% approval rating and the economy is in the biggest shitter since the Great Depression coupled with two wars that were slogging along in excess of 6 years. THEN he chose that airhead as his running mate. It was a slam dunk for the Ds. This year should have been a relatively easy win for the Rs but Trump insists on losing. I mean the dude came a fraction of an inch from being assassinated and pissed away any and all good will in about 8 minutes. Oh well.

Comment

• It's because he is a stupid fuck who should never be anywhere near the Oval Office again
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sure, but he still has about a 45% chance of winning. It's certainly in play for a candidate that is motivated to win and trying to implement a strategy to do so. Alas, he's letting your candidate cackle to the finish line.

Comment

Working...
                                X