• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heh
    FB_IMG_1724500747507.jpg
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      The Dems love demagoging and gaslighting about virtually everything...but especially on abortion. Both parties embellish...that is human nature...but the Dems are straight up liars.
      That's a little rich considering your posts and your affection for Trump. He's the biggest demagogue going these days. According to him if Harris wins we will no longer have a country. Big, if true!

Comment

• Yes Trump does make wild claims that make my skin crawl...he has a penchant for exaggeration of course...his gist is based in facts he just blows them up by a factor of 10...the Dems just straight up lie about all things Trump.

Like I've said many times...Trump is a piss poor politician...a blowhard douche...with sound policies...Harris is a horrible candidate...a rag doll for the Progs...a shitty person....with abhorrent political views and policies.

That's the choice.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This morning I saw a guy dragging a mollusk around on a leash.

It must be hard to walk around with a pulled mussel.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Since Covid-19 was labeled a pandemic by the WHO in the face of dead bodies piling up outside Italian hospitals and mounting numbers of deaths from COVID related respiratory failure world wide, the amount of COVID and COVID Vaccine misinformation was and continues to be astounding. Setting aside the argument that it was difficult to separate people who died with COVID not from it, the global death toll from this deadly virus reportedly hit nearly 20m through 2021, the year COVID vaccines became widely available. Since then, COVID-19 related mortality has dwindled to the point that by the numbers the world has gone from pandemic to epidemic to endemic to local and seasonal outbreaks similar to those related to influenza. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...0that%20period.

That rational people buy into the misinformation has a lot to do with an increase in societal distrust of government and government agencies, some of it justifiable. But the steep reduction in excess mortality from COVID was undeniably aided by the introduction of mRNA vaccines targeting COVID-19. Those numbers aren't merely coincidental despite arguments that all viruses, including COVID, burn out. They do in fact do that but it is undeniable that the lifespan of a virus, it's virulence, is directly related to the host's ability to carry and sustain it. Reduce that ability with vaccines and the spread and number of cases of a virus will decline.

I get the skepticism about the science, the safety and even the need for vaccinations based on the information that is available to either support or invalidate said need. But the math used in the study of virology is not subject to such weaknesses. It's math not science and applying the mathematics used to track the spread and ebb of COVID-19 is solid. The global introduction of Covid-19 vaccines reduced it's mortality.

BTW, Snopes, a fact checking web site, is a great source of identifying false claims regarding any number of subjects. Type in the word "vaccines." The search will provide nearly 3000 false claims related to vaccines.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Have you got your 8th booster yet?

LMAO
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Correct, Jeff, and the latest research out of the University of (wait for it) ….Michigan shows that while the efficacy has dropped (as expected) it’s right there with the numbers on flu shot efficacy and safety. And the book that RFK touts about COVID vaccine dangers still has people who died in 2012 (or whatever) in it.

Anecdotal leaps are the most human thing ever and misinformation handed out like Halloween candy on the internet has made it weaponized. You can post peer-reviewed replicated research and people will go, “Sure, that’s the lie THEY want you to believe.”

But get the shot or not. I don’t care. But COVID has been beaten back and the Trump vaccine undoubtedly helped. There is no reasonable, informed debate counter to that.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Have you got your 8th booster yet?

LMAO
                    Not 8, but I’ll get a booster in November when I get my yearly flu shot and a pneumococcal.

Comment

• Anyway, that’s my last vaccine or politics comment for a bit. Today is a High Holy Day and I, like all righteous and faithful believers, observe and keep this day sacred.

Comment

• But COVID has been beaten back and the Trump vaccine undoubtedly helped. There is no reasonable, informed debate counter to that.
                        I remember when one of the most popular Democrat phrases in the Detroit area was, "I ain't gettin' no Donald Trump shot". Then, .. of course .. Joe Biden happened, and it turned a complete 180, and became that you were a 'neanderthal' and a 'murderer' if you didn't get the jab. Funny how politics can change science.

My intention in the presidential election this year is still to leave the presidential section blank. I like some of Trump's policies, but the other things make me cringe. And there is no way that Giggles is a better, and more qualified candidate than he is. But she may still pull it off. The rich Democrat elites are jumping in behind her and their money talks.

If the Democrats would have nominated a decent man like Joe Manchin, I would have voted for him over Trump in a heartbeat. And I'd split my ticket and vote for Mike Rodgers in the Michigan Senate election. We don't need a Stupidnow Junior. Michigan citizens have gone too long without Republican representation in the US Senate.
                        Last edited by lineygoblue; August 24, 2024, 09:49 AM.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

Have you got your 8th booster yet?

LMAO
                            I received my first dose of Pfizer's mRNA vaccine in February, 2021, followed 1 month later with the recommended second dose. Since then, I have had 5 Pfizer boosters with about 6 months between each.

I had Covid in November 2020, (infected in a spin class) and was laid low by it for about 5d with lingering fatigue for a good 3 months after that. Since then, I have tested positive for Covid 2X, once with no symptoms and once with what I thought was a cold. The second time I took Paxlovid within the recommended 72h from symptoms appearance and symptoms resolved in 5d. Still, I didn't test Covid negative for another month for understandable reasons. I'm scheduled to have my next Pfizer Covid booster targeted against the KP.3 variant next week along with flu vaccine. Needless to say, I believe the Covid vaccines are great on several levels but, I'm also a strong advocate for personal choice about getting or not getting them.

I've had no upper respiratory symptoms for over a year. I attribute that to three things: (1) Declining local SARS-Cov2 prevalence where I live, (2) Attributable to wide-spread Covid vaccine use in FL (70% fully vaccinated), (3) Generally good health and my immune system effectiveness aided by cycling fitness. Nation-wide there's an uptick in COVID prevalence but anecdotally that has not translated to an increase in Covid related excess mortality. Virologists believe that is because the boosters, that along the way are being adjusted for the latest variant in the original Omicron lineage, have kept down the number of infected hosts. Again, one may doubt the science and the ability of government to properly interpret the science and then provide useful public health guidance, but the math don't lie.

I got this in my news feeds yesterday. It does a good job of sorting out the variants, what is changing in their structure and how they are named.

Look, how the spread of the Covid virus was handled by the various governments and their public health agencies was an absolute clown show with few exceptions. Standouts among those exceptions included the state of FL. The list of states that fucked over their citizens with draconian measures and caused avoidable damage to them, the state's businesses and health care entities is long. No argument from me on that score. But, that's an entirely different discussion involving human error and knee jerk reactions.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm still a loyal Trump supporter. Although, he's lost a bit of the luster this time around you have to ask yourself who would you rather run the country. If you say Harris/Obama/Marx than, we'll, I have no words.

Comment

• Marxism vs Egoism
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X