• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loons gonna Loon
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      The price control stuff is populist nonsense that I hope she isn't serious about and is just saying to get elected. Serious question, under what authority did Nixon enact them in the 70's? I have no clue.
      Nixon issued Executive Order 11615 (pursuant to the Economic Stabilization Act of 1970), imposing a 90-day freeze on wages and prices in order to counter inflation. This was the first time the U.S. government had enacted wage and price controls since World War II.

This was Nixon's "WIN" campaign...."Whip Inflation Now"....which was similar to the "Inflation Reduction Act" that Kumalot was the deciding vote on...

Follow what this loon does...not what she says...She is dumb enough to actually believe this nonsense...because...when it comes down to it...

GOVERNMENT GOOD...CORPORATIONS BAD
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nixon acted under specific Congressional Authority -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom...on_Act_of_1970 -- no longer in effect.

Harris will act unilaterally as, well a Communist Dictator -- or, if you will, Fascist.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• She was rated as further left than Bernie Sanders. JFC.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I mean -- price controls are utter nonsense -- but I have a hard time believing that her lead economic policy is just populist nonsense she has no intention of following through on. I mean -- JFC -- this is the first substanative thing she's proposed -- along with housing -- and we're supposed to just ignore as "she doesn't really mean it."

I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Nixon acted under specific Congressional Authority -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom...on_Act_of_1970 -- no longer in effect.

Harris will act unilaterally as, well a Communist Dictator -- or, if you will, Fascist.
              Well maybe, maybe not. If she actually gets elected I'm assuming the Dems take Congress too. And then they can pass the Patriotic Price Control Act of 2025!!!!!

Comment

• Also remember....the Inflation "Reduction" Act...passed by Biden/Harris...outlined the hiring of 87,000 new IRS agents...to enforce in part...going after the service industry's tips....

...of course that was wildly unpopular...so now she wants to not tax tips...

Never trust a dog wagging it's tail and barking at you...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Well maybe, maybe not. If she actually gets elected I'm assuming the Dems take Congress too. And then they can pass the Patriotic Price Control Act of 2025!!!!!
                  That would be the way to do it, but she's proposed using the FTC to do it as is.

Comment

• I don't like the price control stuff or the "first $25,000 is FREE" thing either. Enough to get me to vote for the pathetic, angry, corrupt, and deranged moron? Of course not. You can't have it all.

Too bad the GOP is in thrall to Trump until he croaks. Running the 2028 campaign from prison will be pretty badass though. A real Eugene Debs moment.

Comment

• I realize that short of Harris proposing to kill dead all Strangeloves that you'll vote for her.

Man, it'd be something if the State of NY jailed DJT on that utter and total bullshit.

Comment

• They've socialized medicine so why not food

Comment

• If Price Controls work so good....just let the government set all prices....make it fair for everything...all the time...

You know...kinda like....communism...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I realize that short of Harris proposing to kill dead all Strangeloves that you'll vote for her.

Man, it'd be something if the State of NY jailed DJT on that utter and total bullshit.
                            I'm skeptical he'll impose a prison sentence and I imagine it'd be suspended upon the already-filed appeal anyways?

Comment

• I dunno, man. In for a penny in for a pound. There's no earthly way we should be where we are with that nonsense, so why not go all the way?

Comment

• The only reason that particularly judge wouldn't jail DJT is if he thought it'd help DJT politically.

Comment

Working...
                                X