No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walz and Vance are both choices to please the base but I will say, having seen enough video of him lately, Walz seems much more comfortable acting like an ordinary dude than JD does. That just helps when continuing to paint MAGA as weirdos. But ultimately it comes down to whether voters trust Harris.

And Harris is clearly benefitting from being not-Biden and not-Trump at the moment. There's been a significant shift in the polls without her holding a single real press conference in the past two weeks. Can she carry that momentum through November? I really dunno but I've been saying all along that there's a not-insignificant group of people that would vote for virtually anyone over Trump but drew the line at Zombie Joe.

Comment

• Walz is a Crazy Bernie protege...a loon...

Thanks Giggles...you just sealed it for DJT...

...or should I thank The Squad?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Walz and Vance are both choices to please the base but I will say, having seen enough video of him lately, Walz seems much more comfortable acting like an ordinary dude than JD does. That just helps when continuing to paint MAGA as weirdos. But ultimately it comes down to whether voters trust Harris.

And Harris is clearly benefitting from being not-Biden and not-Trump at the moment. There's been a significant shift in the polls without her holding a single real press conference in the past two weeks. Can she carry that momentum through November? I really dunno but I've been saying all along that there's a not-insignificant group of people that would vote for virtually anyone over Trump but drew the line at Zombie Joe.
        Again, folks don't know Harris. Perhaps, you're right and it doesn't matter. Or maybe she can run a basement campaign. But, at some point, she's going to get introduced.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The last time she introduced herself to the electorate they told her to pound sand. They're going to run the Biden playbook. Hide her and run out the clock. Trump is a fool for playing games with the debate. Make her answer questions in public AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            To the dolts running the Trump campaign: you can run this twice in its entirety in a 30 second spot.

This clip is from 2017. Here's the problem Republicans have created for themselves. They've already gone to great lengths saying anything JD Vance said about Trump around that same time cannot be used against him because people are allowed to change and evolve and whatever other bullshit they need to assure voters that JD is hardcore MAGA now. Hell, anything Republicans said about Trump in early 2021 should also be totally memory holed because times change. Yadda yadda.

So there's no reason the Democrats can't do the same magic tricks with old inconvenient clips of Kamala.

Nothing you said in the past matters. All that matters is where you stand today.

Comment

• Does she stand somewhere else today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Does she stand somewhere else today?
                If she says yes, then what do you come back with?

Voters don't care if you flip flop. They expect it out of politicians. This has been proven repeatedly at this point. Just say the popular thing NOW. They only people who will scream are the hyper-partisans on both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

This clip is from 2017. Here's the problem Republicans have created for themselves. They've already gone to great lengths saying anything JD Vance said about Trump around that same time cannot be used against him because people are allowed to change and evolve and whatever other bullshit they need to assure voters that JD is hardcore MAGA now. Hell, anything Republicans said about Trump in early 2021 should also be totally memory holed because times change. Yadda yadda.

So there's no reason the Democrats can't do the same magic tricks with old inconvenient clips of Kamala.

Nothing you said in the past matters. All that matters is where you stand today.
                  You seem to think that line of argument is effective and/or hypocrisy matters in politics.

That's a crushing clip -- and she'll have to explicitly disavow it.

Comment

• I mean -- she'll have to say we need to be "less Woke" -- LESS Woke.

Comment

• Anyway, my starting point is that both candidates are god-awful. Mike and AA and Wiz are surely with me on that, which makes me think I'm probably completely wrong.

But DSL, CGVT, etc -- they LIKE Harris. So, that's where we really, really part ways.

Comment

• That said, I will give Harris credit -- her VP pick is way better than The Chairman's.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          I mean -- she'll have to say we need to be "less Woke" -- LESS Woke.
                          And if she does I don't think normie voters will run away to Trump. Trump is an endless sewer overflow of batshit crazy, rambling sentences.

But I'm the crazy person here who thinks Trump's "bad Jews" comments might actually be more of a turnoff for swing voters than use of the term "woke".

Comment

• Crushing clip?

It is only crushing in the minds of the neanderthals that are going to vote for Trump regardless.

Most of America is pro-"woke".

main-qimg-5d3829a6bd1f90cf0f3a402afde09220.jpg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't care much for Harris just like I didn't think highly of Biden, but I'm absolutely for anyone over Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                That said, I will give Harris credit -- her VP pick is way better than The Chairman's.
                                Womp, womp

Comment

Working...
                                X