Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    DEI is a synonym for the word they really want to say.

Comment

• Given the alternative there IS no choice. It’ll just be my first time though.

Comment

• I remember when Liney kept telling Froot that The Chairman wouldn’t make through his term. Boy, they really should have 25th’d his ass.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• BIDEN BOOM!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Given the alternative there IS no choice. It’ll just be my first time though.
            Harris is god-awful. No one can defend her. But, when you limit your VP choices to “black woman” to pay off Clyburn your choices are limited.

Comment

• Screenshot 2024-07-23 8.51.43 PM.png
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The past 48+ hours is the first time this year where it feels like the Trump people have lost the initiative and are flailing somewhat. Trump’s pissed he may actually have to work for it and not just golf all summer. So on the whole, from the Dem perspective, it was worth it.

I saw a poll today that 87% of voters approved of Biden’s decision to stand down. Lol. This is why the whole “elites are subverting the will of the people!!!” isn’t going to resonate. Society is virtually unanimous it was time to go.

Comment

• I remember when Liney kept telling Froot that The Chairman wouldn’t make through his term. Boy, they really should have 25th’d his ass.
                  To be accurate, I predicted that Biden wouldn't make it past his first year before Giggles was installed. I was wrong there. But I think the intent all along has been for the Dems to get Giggles installed as President, and that may still happen, at least for the remainder of Joe's term.

FWIW, I'm more frustrated than anything. I voted for Nikki Haley in the Michigan primary, because I didn't want to vote for Trump, and there was no other challenger at the time who had a chance at unseating him. I would jumped at the chance to vote for Ron DeSantis, Marco Rubio, or even Ted Cruz, but none of them wanted to oppose Trump. DeSantis had already dropped out by time the Michigan primary was held.

If the Democrats were to actually wise up, and nominate a decent man like Joe Manchin, I'd hold my nose and vote for him over Trump. Manchin still supports way too many Democratic Party pearls for me, but he has shown the ability to be able to navigate a centrist path more than any other Democrat that I know of. And, if/when Trump wins, I don't really want a president who is going to spend most of his term getting even with his political enemies.

But the Democrats are going to assure a Trump win, by running the 2nd worst candidate in their party history.
                  Last edited by lineygoblue; July 23, 2024, 08:05 PM.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Elon changes his mind on funding Trump in the past 48 hours too. Coincidentally right after Tesla releases a stinker of a 2Q report.

Comment

• Just for fun:

Worst Democrat Presidential Candidates in my lifetime

1. Biden
                      2. Giggles (presumptive)
                      3. Hillary
                      4. Dukakis
                      5. AlGore
                      6. Carter
                      7. LBJ (Responsible for 50K lost American lives in Viet Nam)
                      8. Humphrey
                      9. Mondale
                      10. B. Clinton

---

Best Dems:

JFK -- Would probably not be nominated by today's Democrats.
                      RFK -- Ditto. Bobby would have been a good president, IMO.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Mondale lost 49 states so he has to be at or near the top of the list.

Comment

• I'm voting for Jeff Spicoli in '24...A13usaonutL._CLa_2140,2000_81C+1MMtm-L.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UY1000_.jpg
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• His old man is a television repairman...and has as ultimate set of tools...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1721790050905.jpg
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1721793845264.jpg
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X