• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamala gonna get "Gilloolyied"

heh
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Tim Alberta had a piece behind a paywall about the Trump campaign basically writing off the possibility of Biden dropping out once summer started. They apparently were genuinely concerned about it for a while but thought the threat had passed. A mistake by a team that has honestly been way more professional and competent than his 2016 crew.

Comment

• Harris already has more delegates promised to her than she needs. There will be no Hillary sneak attack at the convention. Michelle Obama has no interest in politics. These are fever dreams that rightwing loser media loves to get hot and bothered over but have no grounding in reality.

Comment

• It's a funny meme but they're stuck with Harris.

Comment

• Well, we'll see where we are in 2 weeks. The Legacy Media and other quasi arms of the D candidate are about to go full on "St Harris" mode and, in so doing, ignoring much of their earlier reporting. It'll be quite the onslaught. No more making any jokes about the bizarre timing of her laughs or gross word salads. She'll do no wrong.

It's probably gonna be enough for me to move off abstention.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The guy running the Congressional Republican Committee told members to drop the "She's a DEI candidate!" stuff and attack her policies instead. Which seems like worthwhile advice IMO.

Comment

• Absolutely. The Ds keep insisting that the Biden presidency was a big bottle of Awesome Sauce. Let them defend it to the American people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Harris already has more delegates promised to her than she needs. There will be no Hillary sneak attack at the convention. Michelle Obama has no interest in politics. These are fever dreams that rightwing loser media loves to get hot and bothered over but have no grounding in reality.
                  That's actually better for the R's. Hillary is pure evil, which means that she's a lethal predator. She won't make the same mistakes as she did in 2016. Michelle O is at least capable of getting a coherent point across. Both are superior candidates to Giggles.

Comment

• Comment

• Yep. And they're going to officially nominate her virtually which is hilarious. There will be NO DISENTION in the ranks. I hate to beat a dead horse but Kamala will be installed WITHOUT EVER RECEIVING A SINGLE VOTE from the public. That's the party of "Save Democracy".

Kamala Harris' 2020 bid for the presidency ended in a tie with me and Tom for 19th in the country. The Democratic Party then circumvented their entire process in 2024 to make her the candidate without receiving A SINGLE VOTE FROM ANYBODY. The D's first plan was to hope nobody would notice that Biden was a dementia patient. When that failed they unveiled Kamala 2.0 - just as useless as 1.0. Well...

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Comment

• There's mass approval for Biden resigning and sticking with Harris. These were not antidemocratic actions. They were listening to the base in both things. Nobody wants a long, drawn-out fight over who the candidate is going to be in late August and none of these Governors have enough initial support to make them an overwhelming favorite.

I mean if you think holding all new primary elections is realistic at this point, it's not. And having an open convention is just asking the exact same "elites" (that are currently lining up behind Harris) to choose the candidate, not the voters.

Mike Johnson or Trump can promise legal challenges all they want. As we saw in 2020, any uninformed idiot willing to sacrifice his bar license can file a frivolous lawsuit. It's all bluster and hot air. There's nothing illegal or illegitimate with what's occurring. But it benefits Republicans to try and convince people there is. I just don't think it's working very well.

Comment

• Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting anything is illegal or that the Rs should challenge anything. That would be retarded (so don't rule it out). I'm merely pointing out the fact that Kamala Harris is a really bad candidate which is directed more at CGVT's "Harris in a landslide" wish casting nonsense. And yes, if you're going to prattle on about "democracy" every 5 seconds, don't act shocked when people snicker at the fact that your party is INSTALLING a nominee without a SINGLE PERSON ever voting for. Ever. Like not once.

Politico is reporting that Pelosi went to Biden and threatened him with getting 25thed if he didn't drop out on his own. There's pressuring and trying to convince someone to do what you want but they, apparently, went full force. They literally took out their duly elected sitting president who just won 14 million votes in the primary. Of course, we all knew he was incapable of being president for 3 years now. Funny how that went from "rightwing disinformation" to "Joe, you gotta get the fuck out or we'll remove you ourselves".
                          Last edited by Mike; July 23, 2024, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Anyhow, Biden’s supposed to give his farewell speech tomorrow. If you want to see what a HERO looks like, tune in!!!

Comment

• Proof of life certainly would be appreciated. He'd have been a hero if he gave it 8 months ago and allowed the Ds to have an actual primary. It's not heroic when your own party threatens to put a bullet in you. Figuratively speaking, of course.

Comment

• I was going to abstain in the Presidential election with the the two terrible candidates - Biden and Trump - on offer. Now that Harris is replacing Biden, my position has switched from "anyone but Trump," to "anyone but Harris." IMO, Harris isn't up to the task of leading America from the front anymore than a debilitated Biden was. My belief is that she will be much worse than Biden in that role.

Acknowledged, Trump is a gigantic asshole; he'll wield a truncheon to get retribution for the perceived wrongs he has suffered. That will be destabilizing to American politics but I like who his advisors will be more than who Harris will bring in - just a continuation of liberal, progressive policies that are failures. Think the boarder, environmental policy, fiscal policy and inflation.

One thing is certain. Trump's national policies on immigration, taxation, government spending and reduction of the administrative state conform to my presidential policy interests. I'm also more comfortable with what will likely be his approach to environmental issues along with how he will deal with Iran, Russia and NK ........ to that later comfort level, I don't think Trump will pull out of the NATO alliance but will shift the cost burden of maintaining the treaty commitments from the US to the EU. Same goes for the UN. He'll be characterized as sidling up to Putin and Kim Jung Un but that's not likely to be what he'll be actually doing. I expect blunt talk from Trump.

That also applies to US policy in Ukraine. Interestingly, there's been a significant shifting of the financial burden of supporting Ukraine's current government in its war with Russia away from the US and toward Europe - where it should be. Russian tanks aren't going to be rolling over American soil but they sure as shit will roll over Ukraine threatening the entirety of eastern Europe if European members of NATO stand down over the current and future support for Ukraine. Trump will probably land there with that reality.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X