No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tories suffered their worst defeat in history as everyone expected.

Among the casualties were the sneering Jacob Rees-Mogg and Liz Truss, who becomes the first former PM in over a century to lose their seat in Parliament. Nigel Farage's Reform UK party will only hold about 4 seats but they split the rightwing vote enough everywhere to help Labour win in a landslide.

Comment

• AlabamAlum, you seem plugged into the 3rd world UK (even though Scottish politicians correctly want no part of GB). What's your take on this massive shift? It seems to me to be running counter to the right shift taking place within Europe, most notably in France and Germany.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Could just be liberal wish-casting for trouble inside the RNC, but Trump wants the R platform changed to leave abortion to individual states. Anti-abortion activists want a nationwide ban and are very unhappy if that's not in the platform

Tempers flare as Trump team revises abortion plank for Republican platform - The Washington Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          AlabamAlum, you seem plugged into the 3rd world UK (even though Scottish politicians correctly want no part of GB). What's your take on this massive shift? It seems to me to be running counter to the right shift taking place within Europe, most notably in France and Germany.
          Sunak was a weak, tone-deaf PM (and the PM is as much of a PR guy for the ruling party as anything) but when the economy is considered bad, things change. Starmer isn’t much of an upgrade though.

The crux: There is a far-right anti-immigrant party (Reform) that took a huge chunk of the vote from the Tory side (and the Reform leader, Farage, was just elected to Parliament). Labour only managed about 34% of the popular vote, so it’s a bit of an odd situation once you peel the veneer off this Labour landslide.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Are the Liberal Democrats more centrist or leftwing? They got fewer votes than Reform UK but are ending up with a lot more seats.

Comment

• They call themselves Centrist Progressives, but there isn’t much difference with them and the Tories when you look at legislation. The main difference is campaign rhetoric. And Britain as a whole is very much against unchecked immigration (and rightfully so). It’s the reason for Brexit and it’s the cause of the popularity of Reform. So Labour won’t touch that.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Could just be liberal wish-casting for trouble inside the RNC, but Trump wants the R platform changed to leave abortion to individual states. Anti-abortion activists want a nationwide ban and are very unhappy if that's not in the platform
                Sounds to me that Trump is right. In fact, isn't that what the SCOTUS decreed? It wasn't taking away any reproductive rights or grasping at control, as the D's want you to think- and the R's refuse to debunk.

The sooner that the R's shift their attention AWAY from this topic, and focus elsewhere, the better.

Comment

• I personally think Trump is pro-choice in his heart but doesn't give a shit about the topic in general so he'll do whatever makes him more popular. He is definitely right that his way is more electable but the hardcore activists don't care about electability or if their position is unpopular. And they aren't ever likely to stop pushing for a national ban, which is now possible post-Roe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

TBF, DJT's presidency isn't going to be the joyous rapture his devoted constituency proclaims it will be. We've heard the potential problems articulated by the left. A distracting to governance retribution campaign against Trump's political enemies is one of them.
                    I doubt if he had any rallies in 2016 where "Lock her up..." was not shouted by the crowd, but he didn't. And Hillary was clearly in violation of the Espionage Act. Both Trump and Biden have been investigated for taking classified PAPERS out of the skiff or the white house. Hillary exposed everything via a personal and secret web browser that several countries hanked. But Trump never bothered either Hillary or Bill. If he was vengeful, it seems to me he had plenty of "enemies" to go after, but he never did.

The best way to judge how a man will act in the future is to study how he acted in the past. With Trump, narcissism is a bigger threat than vengefulness.

Comment

• THREAT TO DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• STFU

Comment

• here kitty kitty kitty
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• speaking of kitties
                            2024 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
                            1. Utah (20) 906
                            2. Kansas State (19) 889
                            3. Oklahoma State (14) 829
                            4. Kansas (5) 772
                            5. Arizona (3) 762
                            6. Iowa State 661
                            7. West Virginia 581
                            8. UCF 551
                            9. Texas Tech 532
                            10. TCU 436
                            11. Colorado 400
                            12. Baylor 268
                            13. BYU 215
                            14. Cincinnati 196
                            15. Houston 157
                            16. Arizona State 141

Not that long ago posting about the big 8 zeroing in on when nebraska played KSU
                            Now Kstate coming to Tucson

Comment

• I see Geezer is still spouting FOX news talking points.

I also see that more Epstein transcripts have been released and surprise, surprise they implicate Trump.

Right Wingers? Crickets
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Chairman calms the nerves.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X