Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I could be wrong but I think this is the first time he has been a disaster at a major event? He's never been great but all-out disaster? Weird moments in a daily press conference or some campaign stop in Wisconsin you can brush off, but not an event watched by millions live like the debates or a SOTU.
    He's never had to answer questions extemporaneously. When he does, he's awful. Yeah, he can do the SOTU, but thinkiing on his feet is, well, a thing of the past for him. That's why he does no interviews or press conferences. Shit "we" have noted for a long time.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Charles Cooke:
      Last night, over the course of about five minutes, the mainstream press and the Democratic Party’s establishment shifted positions on Joe Biden’s fitness for office. And when I say “shifted positions,” I mean shifted hemispheres. One moment we were in Italy, the next we were being whizzed across the Equator to Micronesia. It was as if the Political Gods had changed the channel. Poof!

I have been writing for more than a year that Joe Biden is too old to be president right now — let alone until 2029. I’ve written about it here and here and here and here, and in many other places besides. I’ve talked about it on The Editors. I’ve discussed it on the radio. I’ve mentioned it on Twitter. And when I’ve done so, I haven’t hinted at the notion, I’ve conveyed it as bluntly as I know how. Simultaneously, I’ve submitted that Biden’s apologists are lying to us about this, that they know they’re lying to us about this, that we know that they are lying to us about this, and that they know that we know they are lying to us about this, but that they’re lying to us about this anyway, because they don’t think it’s their job to tell the truth.

This morning, many of those people have stopped lying to us about this — perhaps because the lie has now become too obvious to deny. But that does not in any way change the fact that they have been lying to us about this. When they complained about “right-wing media,” they were lying to us. When they insisted that worries about Biden’s age were just cynical cover for Donald Trump, they were lying to us. When they suggested that Biden was impressive and sharp behind closed doors, they were lying to us. When they talked about “cheapfakes” and “deceptive editing,” they were lying to us. When they pulled out the “misinformation experts say . . .” garbage, they were lying to us. When they proposed that Robert Hur’s report was “partisan” or “unfair,” they were lying to us. They’re liars, and that they have ceased lying for a moment does not change the fact that they are liars who will lie to you for any political advantage they can gain.

I record this here not to say “I told you so” — although there’s nothing wrong with doing that — but as a reminder that those people will also be lying when the next big topic comes up. This isn’t a one-time thing. It’s not limited to Joe Biden’s age or to this election. It’s endemic. If you’re willing to lie about the president not being senile when everyone can see that the president is senile, then you’re willing to lie about anything to advance your political goals. The people who lied about Biden’s senility will do exactly the same thing next time — tomorrow, probably, if not today — and the rest of us ought to remember that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        They're fucked. The ship has sailed and the SS Biden is headed for the ice berg. 99% of D delegates are already pledged to Biden and there is no mechanism to reverse that. I'm pretty sure that if he steps aside, Harris becomes the nominee but I'm not entirely sure. One thing is certain: It's too late to nominate a different candidate. It's either Biden or Harris and they are proper fucked either way.
        It's virtually impossible to do it if Biden wants to stay. He'd have to be talked into standing down. BUT if that happens then no, the delegates do NOT automatically go to Harris. It'd be wide open. Biden could try and influence them or not.

Comment

• So would it be an open convention?

Comment

• I believe that is correct.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              So would it be an open convention?
              Democrats are talking about replacing Joe Biden. That wouldn't be so easy. (nbcnews.com)

Technically Dem delegates can break their pledge and choose someone else but realistically speaking not enough of them are going to do that if Joe won't go willingly.

Harris inherits nothing from Biden if he simply decides he's not running before the convention OR even after it. Actually it gets even murkier if Biden drops out AFTER the convention nominates him. After that the nominee would be chosen by a much smaller group in a smoke-filled room, so to speak. Harris would probably be the favorite just to avoid a long backroom fight, but nothing obligates the party to select her.​

Comment

• It would be quite a thing to watch the Party of "Save Democracy" go that route...

Comment

• I never thought I'd see a POTUS debate devolve into an argument about golf handicaps...sounded like two washed up golfers in a bar...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I could be wrong, but I think conventions have always been “open” and that it’s only been through recent circumstance that they’ve devolved into circle jerk parties.

Comment

• The biggest tactical error Biden’s handlers have made is even allowing the debate. Biden wouldn’t have lost a supporter for refusing to “give validation to a felon with a debate”.

With a refusal he might have lost some swing voters, but it is nothing like what he’s lost after last night.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        The biggest tactical error Biden’s handlers have made is even allowing the debate. Biden wouldn’t have lost a supporter for refusing to “give validation to a felon with a debate”.

With a refusal he might have lost some swing voters, but it is nothing like what he’s lost after last night.
                        Yeah, but he's such an unjustfiably arrogant fuck that not debating was never an option.

Comment

• It's stunning how they just thought they could trot him out there and nobody would notice his mental decline. They got high on their own supply.

Comment

• No one's saying anything wrong but I am chuckling at all the Republicans who suddenly have advice for the Dems on how to get rid of an unlikeable asshole who's overstayed his welcome, lol

Comment

• Well, again, DSL -- the D voters would jettison The Chairman if THEY KNEW. It's the D institutions that propped him and, for that matter, forced Harris upon him.

It's the reverse for the Rs. There's really no way to jettison DJT b/c the VOTERS won't do it. The institutional Rs tried. And failed.

Comment

• Imagine how bad Joe would have looked without the drugs and CNN editing all the footage.

Change of subject, my guess is no presidential immunity decision today. Sometime next week instead. And Roberts will be the author.

Comment

Working...
                                X