No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we can rule out performance-enhancers.

Comment

• And someone might as well try to unseat him at the convention. It’s not like you’ll be a pariah forever for daring to challenge Coma Joe. He’s almost certainly going to lose and have zero influence on the party after he’s gone. No one will ask him to give speeches or beg him to fundraise for them.

At least there’s a possibility this could help Dems in Congress if ticket splitters think there’s no way Trump loses now. Look on the bright side!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Some have even speculated that Gretchen Whitmer could be nominated. Don't laugh. She's everything the elite left loves, and she heartily embraces every ratical crap policy that they love.
        I haven’t been laughing at any of her orange barrels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

I haven’t been laughing at any of her orange barrels.
          She's one of the top five darlings of the Democrat party. She's the "pretty" face that can be the alternative to the raving Trump, and will appeal greatly to RINO/Never Trumpers. I think she'd likely win nearly 300 electoral votes, and maybe more. She'd easily win two terms.

But I don't see any way that The Chairman gets another term. Kamala can't help him, the Hollywood radicals won't be able to bail him out, and the rich democrat elite's money won't be able to buy this election like they did the last one. Even if Joe had a war chest of a billion dollars, he won't be able to win this election.

Sad thing is, this has been known for a long time, but in the name of party unity, they allowed Joe to win all the primarys. Now they have this mess on their hands.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Maybe “this mess” was part of their strategy all along. Let the chairman be that weak old caribou that the wolves can devour so the rest of the herd can move on.

Comment

• Trump was classic Trump. Not much unexpected from him. I wish he would have directly answered the moderator questions instead of dodging ~half of them.

Biden… Yeah, I can’t recall ever watching a comparable presidential debate. Sad situation dealing with age and family situations. I recently had to deal with my grandma going into hospice. Tough to deal with.

I would imagine Ds would want to replace Biden if they want to win in November. Whitmer being obvious due to the importance of Michigan.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• lol

Comment

• DJT may have actually won the debate by too much. With the NYT, WaPO and every D now basically saying he's got to go I think it's now a real possibility. The mechanics will be messy.

Of course, this is what you get when the NYT, WaPO and other D institutions act as a Praetorian Guard for The Chairman instead of doing their damn job. This shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone. It was basically what I expected. But it seems like the majority of Ds are shocked. Well, ignoring the story, whistling past the graveyard and just hoping isn't much of a strategy.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Full panic mode.
                    It was night and day watching the CNN panel before and after the debate. By the way, John King is the TV political GOAT. IMHO. My favorite!

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Again, this should actually surprise no one. NO ONE. If people actually covered this story.

Remember when people like Jim Geraghty were called "ableists" or worse for pointing out the The Chairman was unfit? Yeah.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Biden administration and Democratic Party need to level with the American people and tell us who has been running the country for the last 3.5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          The Biden administration and Democratic Party need to level with the American people and tell us who has been running the country for the last 3.5 years.
                          Hillary Clinton GIF by Univision Noticias

Comment

• That's not good.

Comment

• She looks like a puppet.

Comment

• Less jokingly, I'd think there's a bit of an Edith Wilson thing going on. Plus a few top advisors.

I don't want to turn him into a victim though. He himself bears the majority of the blame for sticking around if he really can't do the job. Obama and Jill are probably the only ones who could talk him into stepping down and one, at this point, Jill seems like she's a bit in fantasyland herself. And two, even Obama might not be able to talk hm into standing down. But I certainly can't see him dropping out because Tom Friedman writes a "sorrowful" column about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X