Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I’m very anti Jan 6 rioters, CG, prosecute them to the full extent of the law (it was outrageous that they stormed the capitol), but the carnage of the music festival massacre was a whole ‘nother level. Whataboutism and trying to make some analogous equivalency is extremely off base, imo.
    Yeah, it's not even remotely close. It's one thing to not change your mind about an election; it's another thing to not change your mind about the greatness in slaughtering innocents. I certainly acknowledge that one is a Trumpy thing one is a full-on Prog thing. I don't think they're remotely akin.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      Hamas has no intention of negotiating a cease fire. For the time being, Hamas benefits from the continued killing of Palestinians at the hands of the IDF. i.e., according to the preponderance of the news, Israel is the bad guy, Hamas the victim. You can't be serious: Sinwar implied in an interview yesterday, that he is unconcerned about the deaths of the Palestinians who heretofore were governed by the organization that he is the head of. Yet, Hamas is the victim here???

After 12d, Hamas has formally replied to the UNSC's Resolution. They agreed to it with a list of changes that not only change previous positions Hamas has staked out but significantly change the UNSC's Resolution. Blinken has said, the Hamas response is unworkable.

“At some point in a negotiation – and this has gone back and forth for a long time – you get to a point where if one side continues to change its demands, including making demands and insisting on changes for things that it had already accepted, you have to question whether they’re proceeding in good faith or not,” Blinken said in reference to Hamas.

Well, no shit. Stop negotiating with terrorists. Seek out and kill them - exactly what Netanyahu is doing. Finish it.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/12/polit...mas/index.html
      It's been their entire strategy from Day 1.

And it works because of some of the asshats in the West.

There is plenty to be fairly questioned re the US-Israel relationship. I disagree with Hannibal on it, but I understand the questions. There is nothing to be questioned about the absolute moral clarity in what Hamas is. And yet, we have no clarity amongst the Progs. It's mind-blowing.

Comment

• Progressive ideology is illogical because it is based on a theoretical victimization scale. In any comparison between two cultures/countries/societies/demographics where Group A is more advanced/successful/wealthy than Group B, the latter will be given favor over the former based on the assumption that Group A did something nefarious to achieve their status. Likely, at the expense of Group B. This is why the United States, on the strength of 12,532 consecutive weeks at #1 in the power rankings, is the Great Satan and public enemy #1 and it is why Israel is the bad guy and Hamas is the good guy. Rather than that being a shining example as to the flaws of this ideology, they twist their little brains into pretzels trying to make it make sense.

Comment

• I saw a quote from Orwell in an NRO article that I had forgetten -- "An idea so stupid that only intellectuals could believe it."

It was in reference to the concept of "men giving birth" but applies equally to those who look at Hamas and the United States and say, "yeah, hijab me!" -- or, even more directly, to "Queers for Palestine."

Comment

• FWIW the sort of creeps vandalizing Jewish homes in NYC probably aren’t voting Biden in November. They’re either staying home or voting Trump out of spite. It’s why it’s dumb for Biden to bother pandering to these people.

Comment

• Comment

• Where my bar stores its Irish Whiskey. God bless Scots who own bars.
                Attached Files
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Legality of the abortion pill upheld in a unanimous decision based upon the standing argument. The people trying to get the FDA decisions reversed simply couldn't demonstrate how THEY had suffered injury.

Comment

• 2nd decision is about a guy who was denied a trademark for his anti-Trump shirts. Basically a unanimous court saying this guy's 1st amendment rights were not violated but half the court had different concurring takes.

Comment

• Bwahahahahaha [[[deep breath]]] we are so fucking doomed as a society. It was a good run, mankind. RIP. Please someone pore over the link and tell me the Bee or the Onion did this.

The Canadian Cancer Society issued a statement that said that the charity will no longer use the word 'cervix,' and will instead refer to it as 'front hole' to respect the transgender community.
                      Attached Files
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Please keep all the dudes with cervical cancer in your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Please keep all the dudes with cervical cancer in your thoughts and prayers.

IT IS FRONT HOLE CANCER, YOU TRANSPHOBE BIGOT!

Comment

• These are the experts whose instructions we were to take as holy gospel during Covid.

Comment

• So I guess farrah faucet died of backhole cancer

never said anyone stole an election

but i know just like all facets of life there are a lot of cheaters

which one cheated enough to use the term stolen I have no proof

lots of proof of cheating howver

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                After skimming the transcript and reading what others have written about the oral arguments today, I believe the mifepristone case will be closer to a unanimous decision (pro-govt) than I would have thought. Roberts, Kav, and ACB are almost certainly going to ditch the case for lack of standing and Gorsuch hates the kind of nationwide injunctions this case is essentially asking for. Even Thomas seemed skeptical that the Plaintiffs had suffered some kind of actual injury.
                                Patting myself on the back for this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X