No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flora-Bama is a rite of passage. Been here in one form or another for 60 years or so. They usually have some good acts. Many of the singer-songer writers have played here . I’ve seen Jimmy Buffett (rip), Kid Rock, Jason Aldean, Chris Stapleton, and others. But it’s a road house dive bar that is cobbled together out of spare lumber. All the seats are torn and writing your name (or whatever) on the walls is encouraged. Drink prices are reasonable. And it sits on a pretty stretch of gulf front beach, so if you need a break you can head to the sand.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well you've never seen Jelly Roll have you?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've only been in that part of the world once (for a wedding) and Flora-Bama is the kind of place that successfully manages to be both tourist trap AND dive bar the locals genuinely like. It's definitely worth a stop.

Comment

• -----> Some Supreme Court Opinions expected on Thursday

Comment

• Any cases of note?

Comment

• Probably too early for the big ones (divided opinions usually take the longest to write) but besides the Trump immunity one there's the abortion pill case, whether the CFPB is constitutional, the bump stock ban, a decision over whether a domestic abuse restraining order is enough to take away your guns, and the two internet regulation cases.

Comment

• I wish they'd regulate you.

DSL:

"...you're in my heart you're in my soul..."
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What's the going rate to bribe a health inspector in Lincoln these days? 2 cartons of cigarettes?

"You're my soul and my heart's inspiration..."

Comment

• Hamas says they have accepted a cease-fire deal proposed by Egypt and Qatar. Details are scant and it is unclear as to what input Israel had. Is it the previous proposal or a revised version? One thing is clear: as soon as Israel announced they were heading into Rafah, Hamas said "we agree to a cease-fire!". It's already a PR win for Hamas as all headlines declare that the terrorists agree to a cease-fire without any details on what that actually means. Now, if Israel proceeds with the Rafah operation, Hamas can claim that they wanted peace and continue their gamesmanship. Personally, I hope Bibi stays the course. The inevitability of the Rafah offensive certainly hit a nerve and the people cheering for Hamas across college campuses will never like Israel anyway. Don't waste any time or effort trying to appease that nonsense.

Comment

• Israel is reviewing the offer but says it differs from the original plan that was on the table. No surprise there. We now return you to your regularly scheduled bombing.

Comment

• Joe not doing so well

image.png

Comment

• On Hamas-Israeli cease fire: most informed watchers of this war believe Hamas is winning the PR battle and this (we agree with the terms .....) is a good example of how they are doing that. The press, especially in the west, eats this shit up and is always a hair trigger away from breaking the big story - peace is at hand - when it's not a story at all just more propaganda from the terrorist playing the idiots around us here in America.

FOCUS. There needs to be focus on who and what started all this and why. There needs to be a focus on the real threat to Israel's existence the Axis of Resistance poses and the need to humble it with sheer poser. Netanyahu is Churchillian in his stand that refuses to be subdued by the global, mostly uninformed, rhetoric surrounding him. Bombs away and damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            What's the going rate to bribe a health inspector in Lincoln these days? 2 cartons of cigarettes?

"You're my soul and my heart's inspiration..."
                            My man you have been truly misinformed...they only take pork rinds, cheetos and chewin' tubacky. Jesus F get in the now...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• While were on the subject of current wars, Putin and his mouth pieces are rattling the nuclear saber again. This time it's tactical nukes. He's ordered exercises of these assets and has provided lots of photos of equipment (The Iskandar missiles which are tactical nuclear capable) that he'll unleash if the collective west doesn't leave him alone to carry out his dirty deeds. He alleges provocative positions and statements from western governments that pose a threat to Russia as the reason. This, again, is Putin winning the PR war. He's also making significant gains on the ground in Ukraine. Why? Because the west with a few exceptions drags their feet at key moments when appropriate arms, provided to Ukraine at an appropriate, time might have dissuaded Putin to press on.

I don't want escalation and mistakes/misreads to lead to a nuclear exchange at any level. It would be catastrophic on a global scale. I think nuclear capable parties know this and won't consider launching nukes. I do want nations to fully recognize and embrace the notion that Russia's threat to Europe has to be contained. Europe needs to put it's industries on a war footing and start signaling NATO will do what it needs to do to stop Ukraine from falling at the hands of the RA. I'd include the deployment of troops and assets into what are called go or jump-off zones. NATO's OPlans would have identified and incorporated these jump-off points into war plans. Their purpose is to serially stage specific assets to signal a willingness to fight on Ukraine's behalf. I wouldn't hate it if a "special NATO military operation" be undertaken under the cover of exercises to put NATO troops and equipment in front of Russian army forces and between their front lines and key Ukrainian cities. All along, learning from Putin's bullshit denials before his invasion that NATO forces have no intention of engaging the Russians. We are simply moving into defensive positions. Worry about mistakes and misinterpretations of intent? Fuck it. If Putin elects to order his forces to engage NATO troops defending Ukraine, bring it.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                Joe not doing so well

image.png
                                I feel like we've seen this story before though and it didn't end up coming to fruition. "The <insert minority group here> are finally turning away from the Democrats!" It just never seems to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X