X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Go Fund Me up to?

Comment

• lol...$1.3M

Donald Trump $355M GoFundMe Stalls At $1.3M After A Month Amid Legal Battles (yahoo.com)

Comment

• Big case argued today and at least Roberts, Kav, and ACB seemed to side more with the administration.

Abortion pill arguments are next tuesday

Supreme Court leans against limiting Biden administration contacts with social media platforms (nbcnews.com)

Comment

• Lived on the panama canal for 3 years in a place called corozol next to albrook airforce base. lots of hookers whom instead of getting the customary 10 bucks on a friday noight would be seen walking down the highway with an AAFEES toaster or mixer under their arms saturday morning for their friday night exploits. I worked at gorgas hospital. --lot of silver bullet shots given during that time for all the clap . Love to go back there--daughter born there at gorgas hospital.

Comment

• CJ Roberts slams the door in Peter Navarro’s face. He reports to prison tomorrow

Comment

• That’s a beautiful story, Crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                CJ Roberts slams the door in Peter Navarro’s face. He reports to prison tomorrow
                Reminds me of the old saying: Who’s the bigger fool? The fool or the person who follows him?

Comment

• Crazy how Navarro’s heading to jail and his entire trial and appeals took place AFTER Bannon was found guilty. His appeal has been pending since late summer of 2022. Wtf is the holdup there? And if anything Bannon should have had a weaker case than Navarro. At least Pete was actually in the Administration at the time.

Comment

• lol

How much have YOU given Trump, Mark?

Comment

• 433599783_7444178802306701_3086425938001691157_n.jpg
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The size of the fine was unusual but Trump is straight up lying here. You put up a bond to stop asset seizure while your appeal is pending. It’s to prevent frivolous appeals from assholes like him. It’s exactly the way the system works.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 19, 2024, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• I read an interesting bit last night that, apparently, the industry standard in issuing these types of bonds is $100M max and they don't allow real estate to be used as collateral. Real estate, obviously, comprises most of Trump's wealth. I can't imagine it's a quick process to liquidate a few hundred million in assets so unless his lawyers succeed in getting the bond reduced to $100M, NY will start seizing properties. I'd imagine Mar-a-Lago is off limits since it's located in Florida. Anyone know if Trump has any say in which properties to forfeit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I read an interesting bit last night that, apparently, the industry standard in issuing these types of bonds is $100M max and they don't allow real estate to be used as collateral. Real estate, obviously, comprises most of Trump's wealth. I can't imagine it's a quick process to liquidate a few hundred million in assets so unless his lawyers succeed in getting the bond reduced to $100M, NY will start seizing properties. I'd imagine Mar-a-Lago is off limits since it's located in Florida. Anyone know if Trump has any say in which properties to forfeit?
                            I don't know about the rest but I think it depends on which entity owns which asset. If the entity that owns Mar-a-Lago is registered in NY then it's probably up for grabs. Same goes for the private jet no matter what state it's currently located in.

He supposedly DID find one company willing to lend him the money but they couldn't agree on terms (in other words, he believes he's entitled to a good deal on this loan and wasn't getting it).

Comment

• At least one Supreme Court opinion is coming at 10 AM. Dunno if it'll be anything interesting. A ruling on Texas' new immigration/deportation law could also come at any time. Alito put it on indefinite hold yesterday at the deadline. Which probably means someone's writing a dissent and isn't finished yet.

Comment

• Screenshot 2024-03-19 10.17.42 AM.png
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X