No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cons give us laws that require pregnant 4th graders to carry their pregnancy to term. BUT otoh the progs wrote a computer program that depicts black vikings. Who really can say which is worse?

Getting angry that a black man is playing a white historical figure feels kinda dated though. Like whenever Hamilton first opened on Broadway. Cripes, that was still the Obama administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

LOL. I don't but I'll ask Emmet if he's on the market at our next meeting of the Men's Templar right after we toast our greatness.
      Did your chapter of the Men's Templar start drinking Bud Lite again after DJT gave the all-clear? Heh. MEN HAVE RECLAIMED A BELOVED BRAND!!!!

Comment

• The A.I. nonsense is a little more important than that. It's akin to Googling info on the Internet and getting complete fiction in response. I prefer a reality-based world. And if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be losing their shit on the Left, too. Imagine someone Googling Sammy Davis Jr. and all the pictures are of Mel Torme. Would the company's response of "we wanted to more accurately depict what black entertainers looked like in the 1960s" hold water? Can you think of any problems that would arise?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Did your chapter of the Men's Templar start drinking Bud Lite again after DJT gave the all-clear? Heh. MEN HAVE RECLAIMED A BELOVED BRAND!!!!
          Yes but only after we shoot a few cases with shotguns and then drink it "sprinkler style".

Comment

• lol Menendez has been indicted AGAIN

Comment

• Only a dozen new charges. What's that guy gotta do to catch a break?!

Comment

The A.I. nonsense is a little more important than that. It's akin to Googling info on the Internet and getting complete fiction in response. I prefer a reality-based world. And if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be losing their shit on the Left, too. Imagine someone Googling Sammy Davis Jr. and all the pictures are of Mel Torme. Would the company's response of "we wanted to more accurately depict what black entertainers looked like in the 1960s" hold water? Can you think of any problems that would arise?
                Oh no, it’s just like Hamilton.

LMAO
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's the most serious shit to hit the fan in quite a while. And if the R's promise to rid us of this menace, then we just gotta shrug our shoulders if they want to indulge in a little anti-abortion extremism like "no exceptions for rape".

The few women with common sense all know this and wisely seek guidance from their husbands. That's why single women are SOL

Comment

• The feds are finally getting tough on the border and those who smuggle... greenhouse gasses.
                    A man in San Diego is facing more than a dozen charges for illegally smuggling hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, into the U.S. from Mexico and selling them for profit.

Hart faces 13 separate charges, including conspiracy, importation contrary to law, multiple counts of selling imported merchandise contrary to law and criminal forfeiture. He could face decades in prison if convicted on any one of the charges related to illegal importation.
                    "This is the first time the Department of Justice is prosecuting someone for illegally importing greenhouse gases, and it will not be the last," McGrath said. "We are using every means possible to protect our planet from the harm caused by toxic pollutants, including bringing criminal charges."

Comment

It's the most serious shit to hit the fan in quite a while. And if the R's promise to rid us of this menace, then we just gotta shrug our shoulders if they want to indulge in a little anti-abortion extremism like "no exceptions for rape".

The few women with common sense all know this and wisely seek guidance from their husbands. That's why single women are SOL
                      Relax dude. It's a 100% winner for the Ds at the ballot box.

Comment

• While Google is rewriting history, The Chairman has created a functional open border by ending obvious commonsense DJT orders and decided to stop exports of LNG because surely Russia/Middle East will never fill that void. And that’s just two things.

Meanwhile, the Progs, in true support of women, insist that men can beat the bejesus out of them in sports like, say, boxing.

And there’s so much more. So the only response is DEMOCRACY!!!! and Agggh, MEN!!!!

And DJT implausibly improves in poll after poll.

Progs.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Imagine being a candidate for the 9th district of Ohio and promising voters at a county fair that if elected you'll make sure Grok or Gemini or whatever generates blonde white dudes when prompted for a Viking. How many in that crowd would know what the fuck you were talking about? One might yell out to send Grok back to Mexico I suppose.

Comment

• Imagine a world where a kid researches the Internet to learn about Negro League baseball and all the pictures are of white players. Then the people who point out the ridiculousness of it are mocked. I guess they just can't see the harmlessness in erasing history.

Comment

Imagine a world where a kid researches the Internet to learn about Negro League baseball and all the pictures are of white players. Then the people who point out the ridiculousness of it are mocked. I guess they just can't see the harmlessness in erasing history.
                              See, the world where a 10-year old rape victim gets attacked by fat and elderly Republicans on national tv for being a "liar" isn't a fantasy. That was 2022.

Saying that Google will give you pictures of Larry Bird-looking dudes when you search for "negro league baseball" is currently a fantasy.

And I'm pretty confident this is a mostly online controversy and normal offline people are not very familiar with Gemini or Grok or any of these things.

Comment

See, the world where a 10-year old rape victim gets attacked by fat and elderly Republicans on national tv for being a "liar" isn't a fantasy. That was 2022.

Saying that Google will give you pictures of Larry Bird-looking dudes when you search for "negro league baseball" is currently a fantasy.

And I'm pretty confident this is a mostly online controversy and normal offline people are not very familiar with Gemini or Grok or any of these things.
                                I recognize the absolutist abortions bullshit from the hard right. It's fucking stupid. But if someone doesn't understand that handheld electronic devices plugged into the brains of young people don't have a profound influence on their development, they are fucking stupid too. Is too much to fucking ask that we live in reality? People with dicks are not girls but that's what we're supposed to believe now. Reality matters.

I use examples of A.I. that are the reverse of the bullshit Google put out because the Left would flip their shit if that was the case. They eviscerated a little native American kid for wearing a head dress to a goddamn football game because of "black face" and "cultural appropriation". What the hell would happen if when you searched Google for native Americans it came back with info on Chief George Custer? Can we just agree that reality matters and is probably beneficial to humanity?

Comment

Working...
                                X