No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is worth the read (IMO) on the sheer incompetene of Brandon Johnson (Mayor-Chicago) and the natural landing spot for Woke Prog policies.

Original: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...e-is-on-crime/

Updated Action: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And don't get me wrong -- I think impeaching a cabinet member over a clear policy choice -- instead of "crimes and misdemeanors" -- is nonsense. And putting MTG in charge of anything is total jackassery.

But don't, for a second, think the Rs have a monopoly on complete and total buffoonery. Oh no. Read up on the Mayor of Chicago, e.g., and JFC...they may actually be better off with MTG in charge and would certainly be better off with The Wizard in charge.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• From what has come out this afternoon, I don't see how Willis and Wade are allowed to continue on the Trump case. And frankly, they might be in a bit of a legal pickle themselves. I also read somewhere that the dude has never tried a criminal case before? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          There's like one semi-legitimate case against DJT and that's the one in DC. The NY cases are ludicrous. The Georgia case is dubious. And the DC case at least has interference with government duties or something charge (no insurrection or treason, OBVIOUSLY).
          You're forgetting the Mar-a-Lago classified documents case. That's totally legitimate but also in the hands of the worst Judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            From what has come out this afternoon, I don't see how Willis and Wade are allowed to continue on the Trump case. And frankly, they might be in a bit of a legal pickle themselves. I also read somewhere that the dude has never tried a criminal case before? LOL
            My understanding is that only one witness called by the Defense has claimed that Willis is lying about when the relationship started and that one person is someone who was fired by Willis a couple years ago. That individual also provided no evidence beyond testimony. So do you disqualify based on one uncorroborated witness?

Comment

• Well, they were banging and her office has paid him $650,000, then they went on several extravagant trips together. Both of them only deal in cash it seems. Oh well, I'm sure it's all on the up and up.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                This is worth the read (IMO) on the sheer incompetene of Brandon Johnson (Mayor-Chicago) and the natural landing spot for Woke Prog policies.

Original: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...e-is-on-crime/

Updated Action: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second
                Holy hell. I read yesterday's article but the follow-up is a jaw-dropper. This is from the link to the news report about him not having a signed extension:

Recall that top Johnson aide Jason Lee blamed an auto-pay feature for the administration’s $10 million contract extension with ShotSpotter last summer.
                wtf GIF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Well, they were banging and her office has paid him $650,000, then they went on several extravagant trips together. Both of them only deal in cash it seems. Oh well, I'm sure it's all on the up and up.
                  My understanding is that she not going to be disqualified unless there's evidence, not accusations, that she was given free vacations and paid for none of it. OR she lied under oath about when the relationship started. The ONLY evidence as to the latter is a solitary witness who seems fairly unreliable.

One of the other witnesses today was a no-show. Wade's firm partner couldn't answer much of anything because of attorney-client privilege.

Comment

• Whatever happened to "the appearance of impropriety..."? A witness under oath in a courtroom refuting the affidavit from Willis and Wade certainly raises to that level, IMO. I don't really care that much one way or the other since the whole thing is a circus anyway.

Comment

• This guy is the “star witness” for the Biden bribery accusations. Oops

Comment

• Comment

• Good community note on this one.

What Tucker’s been doing in these videos is effectively indistinguishable from Bernie Sanders going to Moscow in 1982 and raving about the clean subways and resplendent supermarkets. So much nicer than back in the States! Look at how much $100 can buy here!

The horseshoe theory of politics is correct!

Comment

• And while Tucker heaps praise on Russia for inventing the coin rental shopping cart, Russian media announces Navalny is dead.

Comment

• Why the fuck is this guy spewing Russian propaganda, and even maybe even more perplexing is why is the right in America embracing Russia?

I thought they didn't like Communists?

Jesus. What the fuck has happened to this country?
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think Tucker is out on his own this time. I've seen a lot of people on the right distancing themselves from him even prior to his Putin interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X