No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject change ..... I just read that the 737 Max that had the escape door plug blow out in flight had crucial bolts removed at some point in the aircraft's build and weren't replaced. Work on aircraft follows a very strict protocol of checks and counter checks that make up a Quality Assurance or QA program. This situation would have been done by airframe mechanics and a senior guy would have been checking steps along the way and signing off on them.

Loos like that wasn't happening. Boeing is in deep shit and should be but the FAA has to be careful to not burry Boeing. This is a critical US manufacturer competing with Airbus among others. You don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• Republicans: We should be listening to and supporting our Border Patrol patriots!!!

Border Patrol: Please pass the Border Security bill. It's the toughest bill on immigration in decades.

Republicans: You just want a pay raise, fatass. Fuck off!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          Saw that this morning. I didn't know he was sick and while I'm not a country music fan, that's till sad. Way too young.

Comment

• What's wrong with enforcing existing law? It is not legal to enter the United States without permission.

Comment

• Wanna see something amazing?

Comment

• Someone at AB cut a biiiiiiig check

And yes, it's all a grift. The entire movement. A grift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  What's wrong with enforcing existing law? It is not legal to enter the United States without permission.
                  And economic asylum is not a thing. And Remain in Mexico COULD be a thing.

I mean, that's the thing -- this is really, really simple -- everyone -- I mean everyone -- knows that the way to get into this country is to get here and claim asylum. If you have a kid, even better. And we know that The Chairman is on board with baseless asylum claims. And we know what asylum is fundamentally a "safe harbor" type policy -- and that once you've found a safe harbor (i.e., Mexico), you are no longer in need of that safe harbor. That's why Remain makes so much goddamn sense that it's almost shocking DJT implemented it. And utterly predictable that The Chariman said, "Oh hell no!"
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Didn't this current bill make it tougher, for the first time, to claim asylum? I think HB-2 did too. You wouldn't be putting that into legislation if you thought the President can simply make asylum whatever he wants it to be. Did Trump have that power? I don't believe he ever used it. He just forced them to stay in Mexico until their due process was complete. Claims based on "economic hardship" still weren't immediately rejected out of hand.

So if you want THAT to change, it requires Congress. And the R's walked away last-minute. Again. Like they did in 2019 and in 2013.

Comment

• And if this bill allowed immediate rejection of asylum claims, then I'd actually support it.

As it is, Remain is still the best option to deal with this. The modest "standard" modification is, well, modest.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent, as much of an OSU homer and ass-wipe you are, you have an uncanny capacity to drill right down to the problem and then the solution.

Rinses mouth out and spits it in the toilet.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Whatever Trump was doing in 2017-2020 didn't require this new proposed legislation and whatever Biden has been doing since Jan. 2021 didn't either. Yet migration has skyrocketed under Biden. What gives?

From the Cato Institute:

Screenshot 2024-02-06 165049.png

From Pew:

Screenshot 2024-02-06 164954.jpg

And with 2023 added:

wola_migration_charts.001-35.webp

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Didn't this current bill make it tougher, for the first time, to claim asylum? I think HB-2 did too. You wouldn't be putting that into legislation if you thought the President can simply make asylum whatever he wants it to be. Did Trump have that power? I don't believe he ever used it. He just forced them to stay in Mexico until their due process was complete. Claims based on "economic hardship" still weren't immediately rejected out of hand.

So if you want THAT to change, it requires Congress. And the R's walked away last-minute. Again. Like they did in 2019 and in 2013.
                            They don't want to "fix" it. They saw what happened when they "fixed" abortion.

The economy is bouncing back, inflation is down, America is rejecting their stupid culture war andTrump is going to jail.

The border is the best they have.They don't want to lose it
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• People do want it fixed and it has gotten 4 times worse under Biden. You can't put that on anybody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                People do want it fixed and it has gotten 4 times worse under Biden. You can't put that on anybody else.
                                Yes the people want it fixed.

So fucking fix it. Jesus. There is a bi-partisan bill, but passing it would be a win for Biden, so fuck it.

The Republicans don't want to fix shit
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X