Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFWe1LCXEAAJEkS.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Oh my god! Why are they shoving it down our throats?

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        What's funny is while jobs are supposedly up, skilled trades are hurting ... to a point where industry is importing from all corners of the world to fill high trained jobs. Learn to weld and you are set for life in other words.

Comment

• Comment

• He has a point. I think tying them together was Speaker Johnson's idea. So, in response, the Senate comes up with a plan where border and Ukraine/Israel are joined at the hip sending it to the house where it is not going to pass. Do I have that right?

Two critical issues facing this congress are being held hostage to politics, specifically, Rs not wanting to give Biden a success during an election year. IOW, fuck American interests on the global and nationals stage.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The bill would probably pass the House if it's actually put up for a vote. Crenshaw already said he was in favor of it. Got to be a handful of other R's in risky seats who'd go for it. That's why GOP leadership vows to not let a vote even happen.

And yes, Trump obviously wants the border to stay as bad as possible until the election.

Comment

• Lankford pointing out Mike Lee's insincerity and non-seriousness in this piece.

Lankford during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” also responded to the scathing criticism of the legislation by Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), who panned the proposal Sunday as the “Border Capitulation Bill” and more bluntly as a “crap-sandwich of a border bill.”

Lankford noted that Lee had previously insisted on giving senators at least three weeks to review the 370-page bill but is expressing opposition after having less than a day to study it.

“He needs three weeks to be able to read it, but he’s already opposed to it. So again, people have to be able to read it and go through it themselves. Don’t just go off of Facebook post somewhere on what the bill says,” Lankford said.

​​

Lankford defends border bill amid GOP criticism: ‘Don’t just go off of Facebook’ | The Hill

Comment

• so tucker in moscow to interview putin. that ought to cause some heads to explode at cnn/msnbc

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                    so tucker in moscow to interview putin. that ought to cause some heads to explode at cnn/msnbc
                    That's the same guy Rolling lStone magazine said is the loser of the year 23'. Tucker not Putin. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post

That's the same guy Rolling lStone magazine said is the loser of the year 23'. Tucker not Putin. Lol.
                      they're not wrong.

Comment

• fwiw, the Border Patrol union (no fans of Biden and who endorsed Trump in 2020) just came out in favor of the Border bill and said it's better than the status quo.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Biden was the one who tied them together. He figured he would get the Ukraine aid if he PROMISED to do something about the border.

Biden doesn't need Republicans to fix the border. Just go back to the Trump policies that were in place when he took over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              He has a point. I think tying them together was Speaker Johnson's idea. So, in response, the Senate comes up with a plan where border and Ukraine/Israel are joined at the hip sending it to the house where it is not going to pass. Do I have that right?

Two critical issues facing this congress are being held hostage to politics, specifically, Rs not wanting to give Biden a success during an election year. IOW, fuck American interests on the global and nationals stage.
                              That is not true, Jeff. If Biden wants success on the border in an election year, all he has to do is to institute Trump's border policies that he overturned by EXECUTIVE ORDER. This could be solved by Biden alone.

What this is is the Dems taking in so many illegal Democrats that they will be able to establish a one-party state when (not if) they give citizenship to all the illegals. Why does anyone here want a one-party state?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                The bill would probably pass the House if it's actually put up for a vote. Crenshaw already said he was in favor of it. Got to be a handful of other R's in risky seats who'd go for it. That's why GOP leadership vows to not let a vote even happen.

And yes, Trump obviously wants the border to stay as bad as possible until the election.
                                The House has already passed its border plan; HR 2. This Senate abomination just turns an invasion into a legal matter of taking "only" 5,000 illegal Democrats daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X