No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court rules are STUPID!!! Whatever happened to the First Amendment??? I thought this was America!

Comment

• Heh

Comment

• Yeah, just go on believing that Swift fatigue, and everything else that's wrong with the world, is some sort of MAGA scheme.. That will make easier to understand why they'll move the Superbowl to Japan to appease Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
          Yeah, just go on believing that Swift fatigue, and everything else that's wrong with the world, is some sort of MAGA scheme.. That will make easier to understand why they'll move the Superbowl to Japan to appease Taylor.
          Here's an article from NR bemoaning how so many on the right are obsessing over Swift and the Chiefs. It goes well beyond "fatigue".

Taylor Swift Is Not a Joe Biden Psyop | National Review

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Erick Erickson laid out the other aspect of the anti-Taylor campaign and it's simple cynical MAGA influencers grifting. A huge chunk of the MAGA influencer/media crowd are simply nihilists that don't really care about anything but making money and staying relevant on social media. Clicks and views are all that matter. It doesn't matter if people click on your posts because they love you or hate you. As long as someone's watching. And what's a good bear to poke that'll get a mob swarming? The Swifties will do, one of the largest celebrity fanbases on the planet.

Of course this won't help Trump at all. How's he helped by alienating young woman voters? The reality is the MAGA grifting community doesn't really care if Trump wins or not. He just needs to stay powerful and influential so they can stick to him like a remora and eat his scraps.

Charlie Kirk, Benny Johnson, Jack Posobiac, a bunch of others than are overly online fit into this category. A lot of the more normal conservatives, whose entire careers don't depend on an online presence, thinks going after her plus the NFL is idiotic.
            I saw a documentary on Netflix called This Place Rules a while back. It was an eye opener for sure. It is done by Andrew Callaghan (who has some baggage of his own).

In it he looks at the reasons for Jan 6th. It looks at the idiocy on both sides but focuses mainly on Alex Jones and a bit on Enrique Tarrio to see what makes them tick.

Bottom line is that it is nothing but money. Alex Jones is like a Bond villain. He doesn't care about anything but making money and doesn't give a shit whether he destroys the country or not as long as he can make money. He turns his schtick on and off like fucking wrestler.

It starts off kind of strange with some goofy clown talking about all the money he is going to make being an internet star, but is all tied together at the end.

And yes it is all about clicks.

Give it a look if you have the time.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They're also laying the groundwork for excuses in case Trump does lose.

There was a huge conspiracy against us! It wasn't fair! This is how repeat losers (like Trump) retain power indefinitely because they convince enough people they're actually a winner when they're not.

Comment

They're also laying the groundwork for excuses in case Trump does lose.

There was a huge conspiracy against us! It wasn't fair! This is how repeat losers (like Trump) retain power indefinitely because they convince enough people they're actually a winner when they're not.
                Have you seen This Place Rules? It's not "gotcha" type thing. Alex Jones doesn't even hide it or pretend. He's proud of it.

Holy shit.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No, have’t seen it. But I’ll try to check it out.

Comment

• The ongoing Swift debacle highlights a very serious problem for the Right -- lack of presence in pop culture. The Right has turned up its nose towards pop culture, and now the Left completely owns it. And then you get situations where a large portion of the Right reacts like a bunch of hysterical church ladies when they see something that offends their sensibilities. And so here we are. -- a W for the Left, and they didn't have to really work for it.

Comment

• I have all kinds of Taylor Swift articles showing up in my news feed, presumably because of my football interests, but I've never seen anything regarding political activism. Is she active in liberal causes? Wait, don't answer. I don't care. I recall seeing something in passing that she's pro-choice but that describes about 80% of women in her age group. Probably far higher among attractive ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        I have all kinds of Taylor Swift articles showing up in my news feed, presumably because of my football interests, but I've never seen anything regarding political activism. Is she active in liberal causes? Wait, don't answer. I don't care. I recall seeing something in passing that she's pro-choice but that describes about 80% of women in her age group. Probably far higher among attractive ones.
                        She's not particularly politically active. She "came out" as a Democrat in 2018 and did endorse Biden in 2020. She did a get out the vote campaign in 2022. But other than that she's very normie in her approach to politics. Her music isn't really political and nothing I've ever read suggests she preaches politics at her concerts, like Madonna and lots of others do. I'd compare her somewhat to Tom Selleck in that he's known to be a conservative but isn't aggressive in pushing his politics on others. She's given a lot to charities, ones I'd consider non-controversial.

I'm not going to be surprised if she DOES endorse Biden again but it'll be a one-day event. She's on a world tour for her music this year and isn't going to be active in Biden's campaign or anything. She's a lot closer to being Dolly Parton, politically, than Rage Against the Machine. If it matters.

Comment

• The Donald is up 6 points relative to where he was at this time in 2016 and he is up 9 points relative to where he was in 2020. This should be the easiest election in history, but alas, Donald Trump is still the Donald Trump that he was at 2016, but now with 8 more years of age and deterioration of judgement. I expect the presidential election results this year to be very similar to 2020.

Comment

She's not particularly politically active. She "came out" as a Democrat in 2018 and did endorse Biden in 2020. She did a get out the vote campaign in 2022. But other than that she's very normie in her approach to politics. Her music isn't really political and nothing I've ever read suggests she preaches politics at her concerts, like Madonna and lots of others do. I'd compare her somewhat to Tom Selleck in that he's known to be a conservative but isn't aggressive in pushing his politics on others. She's given a lot to charities, ones I'd consider non-controversial.

I'm not going to be surprised if she DOES endorse Biden again but it'll be a one-day event. She's on a world tour for her music this year and isn't going to be active in Biden's campaign or anything. She's a lot closer to being Dolly Parton, politically, than Rage Against the Machine. If it matters.
                            Taylor doesn't comment a lot on current events, but a lot of her song lyrics have feminist bullshit in them.

Comment

• Examples? I mainly just want to see what you consider "feminist bullshit".

Comment

Examples? I mainly just want to see what you consider "feminist bullshit".
                                "The Man" is a compendium of decades old feminist gripes about how life is so unfair and terrible for women and that men go through life on easy mode.

I would be complex
                                I would be cool
                                They'd say I played the field before I found someone to commit to
                                And that would be ok
                                For me to do
                                Every conquest I had made would make me more of a boss to you
                                I'd be a fearless leader
                                I'd be an alpha type
                                When everyone believes ya
                                What's that like?
                                I'm so sick of running as fast as I can
                                Wondering if I'd get there quicker
                                If I was a man
                                And I'm so sick of them coming at me again
                                'Cause if I was a man
                                Then I'd be the man
                                I'd be the man
                                I'd be the man
                                They'd say I hustled
                                Put in the work
                                They wouldn't shake their heads and question how much of this I deserve
                                What I was wearing
                                If I was rude
                                Could all be separated from my good ideas and power moves?
                                And they would toast to me, oh
                                Let the players play
                                I'd be just like Leo
                                In Saint-Tropez
                                Wondering if I'd get there quicker
                                If I was a man
                                And I'm so sick of them coming at me again
                                'Cause if I was a man
                                Then I'd be the man
                                I'd be the man
                                I'd be the man
                                What's it like to brag about
                                Raking in dollars
                                And getting bitches and models
                                And it's all good if you're bad
                                And it's okay if you're mad
                                If I was out flashing my dollars
                                I'd be a bitch, not a baller
                                They paint me out to be bad
                                So it's okay that I'm mad
                                Wondering if I'd get there quicker if I was a man (you know that)
                                And I'm so sick of them coming at me again (coming at me again)
                                'Cause if I was a man (if I was a man)
                                Then I'd be the man (then I'd be the man)
                                I'm so sick of running as fast as I can (as fast as I can)
                                Wondering if I'd get there quicker if I was a man (hey)
                                And I'm so sick of them coming at me again (coming at me again)
                                'Cause if I was a man (if I was a man), then I'd be the man
                                I'd be the man
                                I'd be the man (oh)
                                I'd be the man (yeah)
                                I'd be the man (I'd be the man)
                                If I was a man
                                Then I'd be the man

Comment

Working...
                                X