No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now.. begins about 8-10 years of appeals.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 83.3 million.

Susan Collins says that he has learned his lesson and will treat women better from now on.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        And now.. begins about 8-10 years of appeals.
        Based on what I've seen from knowledgeable people, he's going to have a hard time appealing, despite all his bluster, huffing, and puffing.

This was a civil case, not a criminal one, so you can't get a verdict reversed based on incompetent counsel. So take that off the board right away.

In order to even file an appeal he's going to first have to post a bond equal to the $83M verdict.

Comment

• He doesn't need to post a bond to appeal. Posting bond merely stays Plaintiff's right to execute on the verdict if he doesn't post a bond, then the Plaintiff can take steps to execute on the verdict. He probably has sufficient assets to post any bond set by the court (usually 1.5 times the verdict) Gonna tie up substantial assets for several years===

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Some kind of deal between Hamas and Israel is emerging that will detail a cease-fire, release of Israeli hostages in stages and Palestinian prisoner release from Israel. Reportedly it is phased agreement that covers a 6 month time period. I think talk of it is premature. That is because Hamas will insist that it govern Gaza and Israel will insist it will play no role in Gaza governance. I will give credit to what appears to be the Biden administration's diplomatic role in orchestrating an agreement and an overall effort to reduce tensions in the wider ME.

The most pressing issue aside from an end to the destructive nature of the Hamas/Israeli conflict, is to facilitate Axis of Resistance stand-down to include stopping the Houthi's from threatening shipping routes in the Red Sea from Yemen. Related is news that the US and Iraq are negotiating the withdrawal of US forces from that country. That has been one of the goals of Iran and it's proxies so, score one for them. I don't have a problem with that and I think the US should pivot it's strategic interests out of the ME and toward Asia. Isn't that what Trump was doing during his presidency? Hmmmm - stay tuned for a return to that strategic approach if Trump wins the presidency in November.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• WWII didn't end until the remaining leaders of Germany and Japan surrendered.

Hamas doesn't sound like they're interested in surrendering. They still want to call the shots, literally. They still want to fight. Israel should oblige them.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Sooooo....what in Iran are we gonna bomb? Or sink one of their warships? I feel like droning some proxy out in the Syrian desert ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

• Nope. I'm good with a refinery or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Sooooo....what in Iran are we gonna bomb? Or sink one of their warships? I feel like droning some proxy out in the Syrian desert ain't gonna cut it.
                      A dilemma for Biden and for the larger issue of the global strategic security roll of the US. It's time for an Arab states coalition to grow a pair and undertake an operation to sew chaos within the Iranian military leadership. Interestingly, Iran is one of only a few, mostly Islamic Theocracies, where the Supreme Leader, a cleric, does not have operational control of the military. So, targets of a chaos operation, executed by an Arab coalition with intelligence support for the US, would be any one of the chief of the combined general staff of the armed forces; a minister of foreign affairs, interior, or intelligence; and any of the commanders of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps or the regular military.

You'll recall a US drone strike targeting and killing the head of the Quods Force, General Soleimani, in 2020 is the kind of thing I'd pursue with the US remaining in the background of such an operation. Soleimani was considered the second most powerful person in Iran, subordinate to the Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei. The guy that took his place, General Esmail Ghaani, would be a good target.

I expect this is the kind of thing that will happen in response to the Jordan killings. Either an overt US planned and executed OP or better yet, one carried out by an Arab coalition, would be fine with me. .​
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• thecut.com published her (jean Carrol) firsthand account of trumps "assault" along with 20 more from the "hideous men " in her life"

You read that article of the 20 plus sexual assaults she had in her life before the donald and you wonder how stupid can she be going into a dressing room without a care with trump

and if there's anything we know about the donald--raping women in a dressing room in high end department stores is right up his alley.

yeah lighting up a few oilfields and taking out a mullah or two would be satisfactory

Comment

• yeah lighting up a few oilfields and taking out a mullah or two would be satisfactory
                            The clerics in Iran are not the problem. The military and intelligence leadership are calling the shots when it comes to Iranian proxy forces activity like the drone attack on the US base in Jordan. Offing a cleric would be really stupid. The blow-back would be bad news for the US or Israel.

Early analysis is saying that air defenses protecting the US base mistook the attack drone for a scheduled returning US reconnaissance drone. What that signals is that the Iranians are using some sophisticated tactics. They obviously knew the US recon drone's schedule and brought their attack drone in along with it.

I think the US military and intelligence community's understand how skilled the Iranians are in achieving their goals. My problem is that that side is always one step ahead of the US and it's allies that are always in a react mode. The larger picture requires the US to identify and plan for methods the Iranians are using to step-by-step increase their unopposed regional influence and growing power. I think the Arab states friendly to the US deserve a hit as well. None of these guys want the expansion of Iran's brand of Shia Islamic fundamentalism into the countries they now govern where the Sunni brand of Islam predominates.

The fundamental divide between Sunnis and Shia Islamists is an underlying problem for attempts to establish regional stability amongst divergent government systems. The dislike of Iranian religious, government and military officials by their counterparts in most of the Arab world is palpable. Not a side show but a different conflict is the one between Israel, its US allies and the Axis of Resistance - the collective name for state and non-state agents - unified by Iran's military and intelligence operators in destroying Israel. Some of that is playing out in Gaza right now and if Iran is to be slowed, it's proxies, including Hamas, have to be neutered.

Bring in Special OPs. For the time being tread carefully on overt military action. Stick to targeted killings but not of the Mullahs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

A dilemma for Biden and for the larger issue of the global strategic security roll of the US. It's time for an Arab states coalition to grow a pair and undertake an operation to sew chaos within the Iranian military leadership. Interestingly, Iran is one of only a few, mostly Islamic Theocracies, where the Supreme Leader, a cleric, does not have operational control of the military. So, targets of a chaos operation, executed by an Arab coalition with intelligence support for the US, would be any one of the chief of the combined general staff of the armed forces; a minister of foreign affairs, interior, or intelligence; and any of the commanders of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps or the regular military.

You'll recall a US drone strike targeting and killing the head of the Quods Force, General Soleimani, in 2020 is the kind of thing I'd pursue with the US remaining in the background of such an operation. Soleimani was considered the second most powerful person in Iran, subordinate to the Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei. The guy that took his place, General Esmail Ghaani, would be a good target.

I expect this is the kind of thing that will happen in response to the Jordan killings. Either an overt US planned and executed OP or better yet, one carried out by an Arab coalition, would be fine with me. .​
                              I think the US and Israel should focus on Iran's nuclear facilities. Obama's Iran deal and his giving Iran the bomb around 2026 was a huge mistake. If Iran gets the bomb, they will use it.

Comment

• If you like to start your day with a heart-warming story, you'll love this!

Israeli troops have killed three members of an armed Hamas cell hiding inside Ibn Sina hospital in the city of Jenin in the West Bank, the Israel Defense Forces says.

The cell is said to have been planning imminent terror attacks, including one resembling the October 7 Hamas onslaught in Gaza-adjacent Israeli communities, with the Israeli operation carried out jointly by the IDF, Shin Bet and Yamam special police unit.
                                Many wanted Palestinians have long been staying in the hospital to plan and carry out terror attacks, hoping the medical center will provide protection from Israeli counterterror operations, the military says, in “another example of the cynical use by terror groups of civilian spaces and hospitals as cover and as human shields.”

Sounds like it could be right out of the movie Munich. Bravo!
                                Last edited by Mike; January 30, 2024, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X