Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    The Ohio GOP is just drunk on power at this point.

They told us that we needed to make it much more difficult to alter the sacred state constitution and that the public could still use citizen-led initiatives to create law. Well the marijuana bill was exactly that, a citizen-led initiative that passed by nearly 15%, and the Ohio GOP immediately says "we're not letting THIS stand".

They passed an unpopular abortion ban that even DeWine said needed to be changed (his sincerity is highly questionable -- it was certainly political expediency guiding him). They tried to make it nearly impossible for ordinary people to amend the constitution. And now many of them (we'll see HOW many) want to completely neutralize a bill that citizens approved of 57-43. And they can't claim to be protecting rural values or whatever this time. Marijuana legalization was pretty popular in rural areas too.
    They are overplaying their hand and they risk pissing away a solid majority in a state that has only recently become safe red.

The Party of Stupid.

And then they will scratch their heads wondering why Trump is so popular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      lol….oh come on
      That's my Donald!

Comment

• The Ohio GOP ain't losing shit over the marijuana stuff.

They signed the heartbeat bill in 2019. And somehow managed to win like motherfuckers in 2020 and 2022.

They may be stupid, but the Ds in Ohio are absolutely, gobsmackingly awful.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Unfortunately I tend to agree with you more. They know they can repeatedly spit in the face of the public and not pay a price for it. Could also add that they blatantly ignored the Ohio Supreme Court on redistricting, preferring to wait out Justice O'Connor's retirement, and undermining another popular voter-approved measure intended to rein in their gerrymandering. And finally we have the First Energy scandal, the worst in Ohio history, and it hasn't cost the GOP a vote.

Comment

• Did you eat paint chips as s child? Or even now?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz I hear you can fix that cross-eyed problem of yours with a mule kick to the head

Comment

• Thanks buddy I'll check that out...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That Christian Ziegler dude down in Florida is still refusing to resign, despite DeSantis, Rick Scott, the leaders of the Florida House & Senate, and DeSantis' entire cabinet calling on him to go

Florida Republicans pressure chair Christian Ziegler to resign over rape allegation (nbcnews.com)

Comment

• Comment

• Yer moral decay
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        Yer moral decay
                        Silence, you bilious jackaninny

Comment

• Who is the person in your user pic, dsl?
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No it's not DSL...I don't know who it is.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Who is the person in your user pic, dsl?
                              Colin Robinson, a character and energy vampire on What We Do in the Shadows

Comment

• I’m familiar with the show and character. The pic seems dim.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X