Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    There was an article in the Dispatch recently that the pro-Issue 1 side had significantly more money than the anti side.
    They don't seem to be spending that money. Almost all of the ads on the Toledo stations and that pop up for me on youtube are against. That's a stark contrast to last year's midterms when the Michigan governor ads were about 95/5 in favor of Whitmer and the local Ohio elections were about 50/50. I don't know. It's not scientific but in my 65% Republican town the yard signs were about 50/50 for the August ballot measure and it's about 90/10 against this time around. I drive through Wood County sometimes, which is more Democratic than my county because BGSU is there, and it was still majority "against" for billboards, yard signs, etc.

Polls have shown over and over again that the consensus public opinion is for abortion to at least be legal for a few months. So you would expect the issue to pass, but the anti side is making it about a lot more than that.
    Last edited by Hannibal; November 2, 2023, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, it's the total opposite down here. The only anti ad I can even recall is that one with the DeWines. Maybe the anti side has chosen to focus on the rural areas because they're on a tighter budget. Running ads in Columbus is probably a lost cause.

Comment

• Wood County, incidentally, is more or less the state's bellwether county.

Comment

• ​Lots of things about the 3rd quarter were unexpectedly good. Labor costs surprisingly fell and productivity rose 4.7%. GDP and wages don't have to decline with inflation if productivity continues to rise.

Labor costs show surprise decline in the third quarter (cnbc.com)

Comment

• Tuberville is rapidly becoming an unpopular boy on Capitol Hill

Tuberville staffer asks anti-abortion groups to float primaries against Republicans who oppose military holds - Live Updates - POLITICO

The staffer obviously knew it was a bad look for "Coach"

“That was a private email to a small group of people I thought were my friends, I was giving my personal opinion,” Stafford told POLITICO, when asked for comment. ”It is not the opinion of Coach, it was not on behalf of Coach. He was not aware of the email, and I have apologized to him for that.”

Incidentally Joni Ernst more or less called Tuberville a liar last night. He said he would only block military promotions en masse, but they went through 61 individual promotions last night one-by-one and Tuberville blocked every single one.​

Comment

• Are you fucking kidding me???? Just when you think this administration cannot be more tone deaf....JFC...

President Biden ran for office to restore the soul of our nation. He is unequivocal: there is no place for hate in America against anyone. Period.

Today, he and Vice President Harris are announcing that their Administration will develop the first-ever U.S. National Strategy to Counter Islamophobia in the United States. We look forward to continuing our work with community leaders, advocates, members of Congress, and more to develop the strategy – which will be a joint effort led by the Domestic Policy Council and the National Security Council – and counter the scourge of Islamophobia and hate in all its forms. For too long, Muslims in America, and those perceived to be Muslim, such as Arabs and Sikhs, have endured a disproportionate number of hate-fueled attacks and other discriminatory incidents. We all mourn the recent barbaric killing of Wadea Al-Fayoume, a 6-year-old Palestinian American Muslim boy, and the brutal attack on his mother in their home outside Chicago.

Today’s announcement is the latest step as part of President Biden’s directive last year to establish an interagency group to increase and better coordinate U.S. Government efforts to counter Islamophobia, Antisemitism, and related forms of bias and discrimination within the United States. Moving forward, the President, Vice President, and our entire Administration will continue working to ensure every American has the freedom to live their lives in safety and without fear for how they pray, what they believe, and who they are.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Pretty wild exchanges at the end of the Trump trial today. Trump’s lawyer tried to demand the judge and his clerk stop exchanging notes.

Comment

• TDS
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He's still driving the Republican bus...
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      He's still driving the Republican bus...
                      Off a cliff…..

Comment

• He hijacked the bus.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct. He hijacked the bus, told everyone he was taking them to Tijuana, then drove 2000 miles east and then drove off a bridge into the Mississippi.

Comment

• It's more like Speed...except he's driving the bus and he has the bomb...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• SBF found guilty of 7 counts.

Wow I mean, I’m shocked.

Comment

• Candidates who command 60 percent of the primary are not hijacking anything. Trump owns the GOP, its been clear for 8 years. All you have to do is look.

Comment

Working...
                                X